We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)

Go down 
+5
masofdas
Buskalilly
Muss
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 12:16

I've just gotten to high rank. I've probably got a little bash this afternoon then one more big session tonight. I've resigned myself to not completing it properly, but I want to see as many monsters as possible before I head to CEX on Tuesday.

Overall, though, fantastic computer game. My biggest complaint is just that I'm playing it in such a dumb way and not getting to really appreciate it. Will be something to savour once I settle down in Tokyo and buy a PS4 Smile

Oh, and being on a new generation hasn't made Diablos calm down at all. What a beast! Love dat boi.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 23:33

I was saying to Andy earlier that because of the improved monster AI even some low rank monsters can pose a real threat, it's great feeling scared of these creatures again as when you have played this series for long time you can kind of go into autopilot mode but in MH World I feel like I need to concentrate even more than before.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 16:27

I'm loving this game so far. Normally I'd use the Switch Axe but something didn't feel right about it for some reason so I've been using the Lance instead. Trying to learn a different weapon has made the game feel a lot more fresh and challenging than previous games
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2018 - 21:59

That was the case for me too Gwyn. I've spent ages with the Greatsword recently so going for Sword and Shield this time round has been a blast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyThu 1 Feb 2018 - 11:49

I'm doing the same gone from my normal Dual Blades to Insect Glaive this time around,
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyThu 1 Feb 2018 - 16:13

I honestly wanted to go all out light bowgun but having never done a ranged weapon before I felt really lost at times with what is good and what isn't (for shot types & skills) then there's the fact that some quests took even longer compared to using a blademaster weapon.

So overall I've played with a decent mix of stuff with dual blades being the ones I've used the most.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 16:01

This was actually the first monster Hunter game where I didn't learn a whole new weapon! Wanted to bash through it with the comfortable, familiar long sword.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 17:13

Something suggestive long sword snicker snicker. Cheeky
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 21:00

I was right to worry about it not having many monsters with it only having about 30. I was going to try and get Legiana's high rank armour for protection against ice monsters until I realised Legiana is the only ice monster. It could have done with 1 extra area and a few more monsters but that's my only real problem with the game and I imagine it will mostly be solved with DLC
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 22:20

Considering how they interact I dont mind that its only 30 and a good chunk of those are brand new as well, plus when they do add new or returning monsters they'll get a spotlight all of their own. Oh and with the investigation quests they can be combined in so many different ways.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 1:02

Yeah, we were talking about how this game is sorely missing an ice area along with a few ice beasties to go with it. Ice feels like such an underutilised element in this game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 2:17

I think we've been spoiled by the fact that normally the West gets a G version of the game, with extra ranks and monsters. On top of that, the last couple of games I played were Generations and Double Cross which, as kind of best-of games, had monsters out the wazoo. In actuality, 30 monsters is quite a few. Add in the wrinkle that they are a little more dynamic and unpredictable than before, I don't feel short changed or anything by the experience I played.

I hadn't noticed the lack of ice, actually, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a DLC mission in an icy area with icy monsters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 3:35

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think we've been spoiled by the fact that normally the West gets a G version of the game, with extra ranks and monsters. On top of that, the last couple of games I played were Generations and Double Cross which, as kind of best-of games, had monsters out the wazoo. In actuality, 30 monsters is quite a few. Add in the wrinkle that they are a little more dynamic and unpredictable than before, I don't feel short changed or anything by the experience I played.

I hadn't noticed the lack of ice, actually, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a DLC mission in an icy area with icy monsters.

Where did you get up to in the end? Obviously spoiler your reply but I'm interested to know what ye haven't seen monster wise.

-----

Also that's a good shout for us being used to the G rank version of the game, I don't think new players will feel shortchanged by that count either as the thought never entered my mind when I played Tri which only had 18 large monsters.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 4:16

I got to
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 16:55

That's me beaten the story! Thankfully, seems like there's still going to be plenty to do.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 17:05

Drunkalilly wrote:
I got to
Spoiler:

Ahh nice you're still in for some cool stuff when you come back to it then.

JayMoyles wrote:
That's me beaten the story! Thankfully, seems like there's still going to be plenty to do.

The real hunt starts here but don't forget it's soul farming time. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 17:24

The_Jaster wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:

The real hunt starts here but don't forget it's soul farming time. Winky Face

...I had forgotten it was soul farming time. Jesus Christ, Namco. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 18:00

I'm one of the many people still having issues with Squads, where it is greyed out. From looking it seems you need to talk to NPCs in a certain order or something if not it breaks.

I'm hoping a patch comes soon as I can join the Mash squad and new players from work are likely to make one as well.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 18:59

Looking forward to getting back into this in a week's time. I've found the monster variety decent, but more ice would be nice. We're getting free dlc monsters in the future too, so that could address the element balance.

The beasts are so well done though, I'd take the ones we have over some fordist mass production of monsters every day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 11:42

I'm firmly in the not enough content camp. I was sitting there last night and just thinking I'm pretty much done. I've almost fully upgraded every GS to the point where I just need gems (mostly generic Wyvern Gems at that). The tempered monsters don't seem significantly tougher, they're a ball ache to trigger a quest for and from what I've read the drops seem far too infrequent and too specific (not to mention they're investigations so limited use even then).

I feel that I'm hoping for drops so I can have a chance at drops. I don't feel like I need them either, I've already beaten the badest monsters.

They've Destiny 2'd it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 19:19

I obviously don't really have any reference points to prior games, but I've managed to get 50/60 hours out of it so far and I still haven't finished off the story and need to get some cooler gear made. I've not got bored of doing things yet either, but even if the fatigue hits when I end the main story I think I'd call that pretty good for 30 critters.

If they were to release G-Rank and a bunch of new content as paid DLC I'd happily drop some cash on that without feeling like there wasn't enough in the base version.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 20:23

Don't get me wrong, in the grand scheme of things it is fantastic hours for your bucks, I should be at around 100 hours now, it's just poor for a Monster Hunter game. Monster Hunter Generations had 73 large monsters in the game. That isn't a G Rank version, but even if you want to look at a normal numbered version - 4 (which didn't come out over here) had 51.

I've hit 200 hours in XX and I can easily see another 100 in there, maybe even more (and this was a game we powered through to get to the new stuff, so had it been my first run through it'd likely have had an extra 100 hours on top.). It's just super disappointing that whilst the fighting is top notch everything around it just feels kinda crap in this one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 21:28

Perhaps you could try and aim for other weapon types & dive deeper into making certain armour sets? That's always been the real meat of the game for me not how many monsters or quests there is.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 23:01

I could get other weapons, but I keep coming back to why? I'm not one for playing a game without an objective and that'll instantly boil down to no money/gems. Then I'm just back to upgrading weapons for the sake of it again. I think I need to see something really positive to look forward to with the dlc as what's left in the game isn't looking great.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 23:32

Andy wrote:

I could get other weapons, but I keep coming back to why?

It's fun to try new things & beat up monsters with friends. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next