We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 23:01

I have 21 juice wotsits. The last time I played a day without getting more juice, I played the day again. It is not the game that's the problem here.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptySat 29 Oct 2022 - 13:06

I'm going to upset Balla by talking about other systems, but quite a bit is Switch

A Plague Tale: Requiem
Is on Switch via Cloud, however playing on Xbox with Game Pass. It is more of the same, just being current gen only means we have more rats on screen etc. I feel I'm on Chapter 6 of 17, meaning still got a lot to go.

Asterigos: Curse of the Stars
Picked this up on Deck, little surprised not on Switch as on the Deck it defaults to Ultra Quality (I'm using Quality at 40fps) and maybe Switch could do low to medium. It's a sort a Souls-like x Kena Bridge of Spirits.

Bayonetta 3
Just picked up, so not really backlog however adds to all the game's available to play.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare II
My gameshare mate has bought this and the single player does look good & only like 7hrs long that I can certainly can get to this.

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation
I'm on Chapter 20 of 29 (I think), that not far off finishing this one and do want to get done by end of the year with Engage early next year.

Football Manager 2023
I've already put like 20hrs into this, and started with Taunton in the National League South and have got them into the National League, meaning only 4 more to the Premier League.

Ghostwire Tokyo
Another on Deck, I'm about 8hrs in that I feel I should finish it but now got really samey of cleanse Tori gate and repeat.

Mario Kart 8D
Waiting for the next wave but always happy to jump only same with Mario Strikers after the league is done.

Monster Hunter Rise
Haven't touched much of Sunbreak think only done MR2 in the "story"

NieR Automata: The End of YoRHa Edition
Yet to start and just that game I never seem to get to on any system, but I really should and out of the games I'm yet to start it is the one I will get to first.

Splatoon 3
Haven't played nowhere near as much I would like to as Splatfest happened when I've been working and having digital I'm like the single player still be there for when I get to it.

Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden
Tad like Ghostwire, as I'm 5hrs into on Chapter 3 or 4 and being about 11hrs long I feel I should get to finishing it.

Others yet to start that I do want to play at some point:
AI, Atelier Ryza 2, Babylon’s Fall, Blade Runner, Blue Reflection 2, Chicory, Digimon Survive, Disco Elysium, Eastward, FAR: Changing Tides, Life is Strange Remastered, MGR: Revengeance, MUA3, NEO: TWEWY, Soul Hackers 2, Star Ocean, Strange Horticulture, TMS, Valkyrie Elysium, XCDE, XC2

Totally dropped off
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Skyward Sword HD, Persona 5 Strikers, Paper Mario, Rune Factory 5, Sakuna, Sonic Colours

Of course recent things on Game Pass like SCORN, Signalis and older stuff in the service ala Tunic just much like Splatoon 3 well I get to them at some point. This is before all the new releases in November & December e.g. Sonic Frontiers (Christmas though) why Sonic Colours have totally dropped off.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptySat 29 Oct 2022 - 22:38

mas wrote:

Monster Hunter Rise

Splatoon 3
Haven't played nowhere near as much I would like to as Splatfest happened when I've been working and having digital I'm like the single player still be there for when I get to it

The story for MH Sunbreak feels like so long ago for me now, but that because their post game (which they are still adding to) is so ridiculously big even I'm struggling to keep up with it. Also splatoon 3's story isn't really that long but it is a fun mix of shooting & platforming that can be done in 2 to 3 sessions.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptySat 29 Oct 2022 - 23:11

That's also the thing knowing can be done quite quickly, that in no real rush to get to it amongst the long RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptySun 30 Oct 2022 - 12:25

Surely you don't need to be adding Game Pass games to your backlog, that's just needlessly masochistic.

One I'd love to see you start is Chicory as it hasn't been as popular with others as it has with me so I'm curious how you'd feel about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptySun 30 Oct 2022 - 12:38

No I dont but take Plague Tale Requim, I've started it and is good. Games like that is why I sub to service and if you were to ask me what am I playing on Xbox (3DS Fire Emblem) it's that and other Game Pass stuff pretty much on that system (only reason I still have a Xbox).

Just I tend to play the games I've actually bought before them (unless a big game like Plague Tale Requim), why Tunic has remained untouched.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 10:10

masofdas wrote:
I feel I'm on Chapter 6 of 17, meaning still got a lot to go.
Yeah, I always feel like that on a Monday.

Quote :
Monster Hunter Rise
Well pack all these other shitey games in and get on that!
I also haven't actually finished SB: I've been hunting at a leisurely pace and making full armour sets for podcast purposes, though the lads say I'm close now.

Quote :
Splatoon 3
Haven't played nowhere near as much I would like to as Splatfest happened when I've been working and having digital I'm like the single player still be there for when I get to it.
I've played a fair whack of this but haven't actually touced the singleplayer yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2022 - 21:40

Treesmurf wrote:
One I'd love to see you start is Chicory as it hasn't been as popular with others as it has with me so I'm curious how you'd feel about it.

You should try this Mas, much more chance you'll get on with this one than e.g. I did.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2022 - 21:53

Yeah maybe soon, as even though got all these RPGs now to play bit between now and end of year only Pokemon & Crisis Core think I'll pick up (Sonic for xmas) that could make time for it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 22:12

I don’t so much have a backlog of guilt anymore. Decisions were made about what I’m playing, what I’m trading in and what I’m simply deleting off my Switch. My plan just now is to start on Sonic Frontiers then onto Pokemon Scarlet and finally start Bayonetta 3 after Christmas. I’ll dip into the Cowabunga Collection and the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection in and between. I expect that’ll be the bulk of my gaming until Kirby comes out at the end of February.

Retro will always be king for me though, and I’ve got a few old football and Christmas games I’m going to finish this month and next. If Goldeneye 007 comes out for Nintendo Switch Online at any point in the next few months, I think that’ll take priority.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 16:09

TCK wrote:

I don’t so much have a backlog of guilt anymore. Decisions were made about what I’m playing, what I’m trading in and what I’m simply deleting off my Switch.

I done the same a little bit ago with just archiving some digital games & there's probably a couple game carts that I should trade in too but the problem is 1. I don't know how much I'll get for them & 2. the best places aren't that close by.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 2:47

Ooh boy, so I thought I'd have a look through and try to form some sort of list of games I want to play and finish from what I currently own and it's not pretty. I'll post Nintendo only here and Nontendo in the other thread because I respect the rules and this post would be massive if I combined them.

Currently Playing:
Pokémon Violet - I've just the Pokémon League to take on and I'll no doubt wanna do the endgame story too, top game, all the angry nerds were wrong.
Super Mario Galaxy - I've dipped in and out of this since I got the All Stars collection but I'm well on the way to getting all the stars, do I need to? No but it's still a phenomenal game so I'm gonna.

Games I've started and want to get back to:
Boxboy and Boxgirl - Got about halfway though this before Violet released, always liked the series and this is comfortably familiar.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 - I've ignored this long enough, it's a great game and I'm definitely itching for more of it.
Final Fantasy VII - Another one that got put to the side because of Violet, I've got a long way to go but I'm determined to finish it before VII Rebirth releases.
My time at portia - This could get dropped as soon as I return as I fear its not as good as I remember but one of the early personal Switch faves of mine deserves some attention I think.
Sam and Max Save the world - I somehow dropped it at the exact same point I did back on the Wii but this time I will return, the Switch is too easy to play it on to not see it through.

Games I want to start:
Cadence of Hyrule - This is gonna be a big year for Zelda so I better play this before TotK.
Dicey Dungeons - Often highly praised and I think I'd really like it.
Golf Story - Another highly praised eShop game that I've ignored for too long, seems a good time now the sequel is out.
Jotun: Valhalla Edition - Kinda wanna play this just because I'm enjoying all the norse stuff in God of War.
Moonlighter - I've always loved the concept of this, I just need to find the time for it.
Portal 1 & 2 - Come on, I'm taking the piss with how long I've ignored this for.
Steamworld Heist - I liked the Dig games and the tactical gameplay of this is right up my street.

Games I'm not as eager to get back to but up for trying again:
Octopath Traveller - The new one could encourage me to play this, I enjoyed what I played but that story needs to pick up if I return.
Wargroove - Unless Advance Wars gets released soon I might have to finish this to scratch that itch.
Xenoblade Chronicles - I was definitely enjoying this but it's a tall task to get back in to a big game such as this. I'd be tempted to drop it completely and move straight on to 3 but that seems silly when I've already invested time in it.

BONUS! Wii games I wanna play now I've hooked it up again:
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Citesy classic I've owned for yonks but never played, should be easy enough to get through.
Little King's Story - An NGamer 90 which I think Matthew Castle has since claimed was a bit generous but I liked it and would be up for more, even if just to say I've finished something not many people haven't.
Metroid Prime Trilogy - If the rumours are true I'll just go to the Switch for this but as it stands I've only ever finished the 3rd game and never played the 2nd so I wanna plug that gaming gap.

I'll definitely come back to this at year's end to see if I manged even half of it, this is smaller than the Nontendo list as well Pale .

Last edited by Treesmurf on Mon 2 Jan 2023 - 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 11:55

As an angry nerd I object to this.  Re. Xenoblade, I don't know how far you've got but there's definitely a big argument for going straight for 3, especially if you've already played 1 on Wii.  I just think 3's the better game!  Re. Octopath the story does not pick up, drop it and move on I'd say.

I own this and should finish it soon:
Omori - I'll only be playing the one route cheers, I'm nearly there and feeling generally good about the game! Not Moyles levels of good, but good nonetheless.

I own all of these but haven't made much progress:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero - My Christmas game, I've only just started this one.  Not on the block of shame just yet!
Lunistice - Same, I just got this.  As mentioned elsewhere though, I'm not overly impressed so far.  Jury's out.
Tunic - Put off a bit by the difficulty on this one, both in the combat and the puzzling.  I still don't feel like I've given Fox Lad his due though.
NieR Automata - Played about an hour before other things took over, not impressed by the Game Over in the first level and having to do it all again but I'll definitely give it more time.
The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story - The game on this list I'm most likely to drop, I don't think the acting's all that and for an FMV game that's everything.
Divinity 2: Original Sin - Slightly clunky, but I've started it in multiplayer with The Lady and I intend to see it further.

I own all of these but haven't started them:
Persona 5 Royal - Another Christmas game, this'll definitely get played soon but I want to try 3 and 4 first.
Paradise Killer - After The Lady and I played the Ace Attorneys together, I thought we should look at this.  100% dependant on her wanting to start it.
Chicken Police: Paint It Red! - Got this in a sale since Nintendo Life gave it a 9/10, so I thought I'd try and look past the sexy anthropomorphic animals and noir tone.  In no hurry to start this, but I have it so I'll put it here.
BioShock - I got this for free as a prize in the GRcade London Meetup Pub Quiz.  I don't care that much if I never get around to it to be honest, but again I have it so I'll put it here.

I want to get these badly:
Chained Echoes - People started raving about this as being a love letter to SNES RPGs near the end of last year, so I have to give it a go - but you may have noticed that I'm not short of RPGs for the moment.
Return to Monkey Island - Another 'waiting on The Lady' game, she'd adamant we should plug through the original trilogy first but we're midway through 2 and she's showing no signs of wanting to play more.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 12:03

Smurf you've had 26 years to play FFVII, I'm going to say it's not happening.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 17:16

If you're up for defying the lady I'd say it'd be easy enough to go straight to Return to Monkey Island if you wanted, the notebook gives you enough information on previous games as it's fairly self contained and the "following on from Le Chuck's revenge" thing isn't exactly that anyway.

Balladeer wrote:
As an angry nerd I object to this.  Re. Xenoblade, I don't know how far you've got but there's definitely a big argument for going straight for 3, especially if you've already played 1 on Wii.  I just think 3's the better game!  Re. Octopath the story does not pick up, drop it and move on I'd say.

Nah never played it on the Wii so I'm still up for sticking with it, I will likely miss 2 completely though as that doesn't sound like it's on the same level. Quite happy to be told to drop Octopath as I've also got Triangle Strategy I think I'd much rather play in its place.

masofdas wrote:
Smurf you've had 26 years to play FFVII, I'm going to say it's not happening.

It can easily happen, it's not one I've tried numerous times to get through and it feels perfect for Switch play.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 17:35

Okay then

Also Triangle Strategy is fantastic, it's now in my Top Switch games list.

I am looking forward to Octopath II due Triangle Strategy, liking Live A Live and hearing the story in II will weave together.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 19:01

The only Switch games I’m actively looking to play just now are Bayonetta 3 and Wreckfest. I’ll dip in and out of Atari 50 and TMNT Cowabunga Collection throughout the year I’m sure. I want to go back to Sonic Frontiers at some point, I stopped playing it when Pokemon Scarlet came out. I’d prefer that Frontiers gets a big patch first though, it’s a really rough and poorly-performing game that I’m certain I’ll enjoy more if it’s polished up a bit (or a lot).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 21:32

Treesmurf wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Re. Xenoblade, I don't know how far you've got but there's definitely a big argument for going straight for 3, especially if you've already played 1 on Wii.  I just think 3's the better game!

Nah never played it on the Wii so I'm still up for sticking with it, I will likely miss 2 completely though as that doesn't sound like it's on the same level.

Fair enough, it is a corker. 2's also a corker but definitely tougher to get into, and much more anime. 3's a corker in the same way 1 is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10