We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 18:27

Sigh. Don't want to confront my guilt, but:
  • Thimbleweed Park, not really in the backlog as we played some today, but it always requires effort to start a session;
  • Steamworld Dig 2, which I'm looking forward to getting back to, but I can't see that happening any time very soon... apart from anything else, I've got another Metroidvania to play!
  • Rocket League, which I haven't even bought but which I want to acquire prior to kickabouts (driveabouts?) with the family over Christmas;
  • Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle: like many of you, even though I acknowledge the game quality, I struggle to play the damn thing. It requires a lot of thought, and gets famously hard and I know I'm no good at TBS and and and;
  • Overcooked, but this has fallen behind TWP as my game to play with The Lady.

Spla2n, Shovel Knight, and Snipperclips have fallen off my backlog. The first two, I've come to terms with the fact that the single-players just aren't for me. If I went back to a two-player co-op game it'd be Overcooked: Snipperclips, imagination-filled as it was, didn't quite feel as interesting actually to play. It's a game that's grand to muck about in, but the actual game didn't quite appeal. (Pretend this is the 'Last Game You Didn't Finish' thread if you like.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 19:08

I think Snipperclips will be resigned to the same fate for me too. Mind you, I've been making a habit of having at least one co-op thing on the go with my brother, so maybe I'll get back around to it someday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 11:38

Just before the festive season I had a bit of a buying blitz. Embarrassed Today the Switch backlog stands at

• L.A. Noire: Far more into this now. I've even got to the stage where I'm happy to take on calls from Dispatch (think 'side quests' (or 'sideys', as I call them)).
  • Thimbleweed Park: Movin' on.
  • Yooka-Laylee: The jury's still out on this one. The levels seem a bit empty at the moment... and the game wants me to expand them?! Good grief.
  • Shantae: Half Genie Hero DLC Campaign Friends To The End: Extremely challenging. Aww!
  • Enter The Gungeon: I have a sense that this one's going to be a bit tough too.
  • VS Super Mario Bros.: Irresistible. As I've said in the Arcade Archives thread, I'm going to change the button layout and see how I get on after that.
  • Blossom Tales: I was only slightly interested in this until I saw a trailer for it and saw how incredibly like A Link To The Past it was. And it is. Massively. I'm going to enjoy it. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 12:01

Yooka-Laylee is so backlog for me that I haven't downloaded it yet! I'm holding out hope for Thimbleweed Park, but it is very slow...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 12:28

I have also added a bunch to my backlog such as:

LA Noire
Steamworld dig 2
Slime-san
Serial Cleaner
The Flame in the flood.

Currently more interested in playing BotW dlc, Rocket league & MHXX at the minute so who knows when I'll get around to those games & there's still a few other games I want from the e shop.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 12:35

Agreed with the last bit. The Sexy Brutale remains on my list, as I imagine it does on yours Jas.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 13:08

You've got some top notch gaming to tuck into there, Jas! Love L.A. Noire and SteamWorld Dig 2 are in my Top Five Games Of The Year. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 13:35

ZeroJones wrote:
You've got some top notch gaming to tuck into there, Jas! Love L.A. Noire and SteamWorld Dig 2 are in my Top Five Games Of The Year. Thumbs Up!

I've played SWD2 for like an hour and a half and it's shaping up nicely, will get back to it once I polish off the BotW dlc.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Dec 2017 - 8:51

Snowballadeer wrote:
I'm holding out hope for Thimbleweed Park, but it is very slow...
How many hours have you played, Balla? I ended up playing a marathon session a couple of days ago (I'm about 11 hours according to the save file, but then I am stupid and also insist on going through load of dialogue), and I got properly hooked into it.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Dec 2017 - 9:48

Er, maybe around five? We do need to give it more chances, we just never get around to it somehow.

In fact, here's the current ba(lla)cklog:
  • Skyrim - haven't opened;
  • Yooka-Laylee - haven't downloaded;
  • The Sexy Brutale - haven't bought;
  • Mario + Rabbids - right on the edge of dropping off, this, it's just too cerebral to be the sort of gaming I prefer;
  • Steamworld Dig 2 - am looking forward to getting back to this, just not as much as I am playing more XC2;
  • The Champions' Ballad - not sure how much I'm looking forward to this, but I will give it a shot, just to have an opportunity to romp through that world again;
  • Super Mario Odyssey - probably next up on the backlog is completing the two secretest levels in the game and breaking open those things in every world.

Seven games! Or six and a piece of DLC. That's ludicrous. Curse you Switch! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:38

A backlog update!

JayMoyles wrote:
Oh fuck. This is not a thread I wanted to see - for my own sake! No

From oldest to newest...

Snipperclips - Still got a few levels to go. My excuse is that I'd rather play this with someone else than solo. Think I'll scratch this one off the list - I don't see me playing it solo and my co-op games of choice (usually played with my brother) are all on the PS4 for now.

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - More specifically, Spectre Knight and Plague Knight's respective campaigns. Argh, still mean to go back to this. Someday.

Splatoon 2 - I've still got the single player to rattle off. I really ought to just bash this out in a sitting or two.

Monster Hunter XX: Switch Edition - Getting through this bit by bit, mind. Still plugging away!

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Working my way steadily through this. This has been my go to game for lulls in the release schedule, of which there have been exactly zero in the last few months. Oh well.

The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ - Again, this is one I'm playing every now and then, what with it being a roguelike and all. I've not touched this in months. Colour it unlikely to be finished in any shape or form.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - ...I couldn't resist. It came out yesterday, and I've got so many other games to beat, but I couldn't resist. Beat this! Success!

Technically, Thumper and FAST RMX could feature here, but I've given up on ever beating them - the former due to its difficulty, the latter due to being made obsolete by MK8D.

And I can add Fire Emblem Warriors and XC2 to the list. FEW is being chipped away at in small bursts, but XC2 is relegated to the distant future as I'm properly hooked on XC1 for now.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Jan 2018 - 10:35

I'm no further ahead with any of the games I included in my last post in September. Duh!

I've since got these though:

FIFA 18 - I got about twenty hours out of this before I traded it in, with a few seasons or career mode and a few online matches. Quite a good game, but I'd expect big improvements and much more effort for FIFA 19.

The Binding of Issac: Afterbirth+ - I got this for quite cheap, and I've liked what I've played for the hour-or-so thus far. I think that this will get more interesting the more I put into it. The art style gives me the boak though.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - Haven't started it yet.

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Haven't started it yet either!

Snipperclips Plus: Cut it out, together! - Haven't even opened this!

Rocket League - I think that there's a career mode to be completed in here, but bollocks to that - Rocket League is all about the multiplayer. I'll never complete it, but I'll still be playing Rocket League online by the time the sun goes supernova.

Floor Kids - I've just started this, and it'll likely be the next Switch game that I look to finish.

SteamWorld Dig 2 - I just finished this, and posted about it in the reviews thread.TL;DR - it's quality.

Super Mario Odyssey - I'm on 250 Power Moons. I'll take my time and savour this, and complete it by, I don't know, maybe 2042?

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Jan 2018 - 18:59

The_Jaster wrote:
I have also added a bunch to my backlog such as:

LA Noire
Steamworld dig 2
Slime-san
Serial Cleaner
The Flame in the flood.

Just added Volgarr the Viking to this lot as it was on sale for £4.49
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Jan 2018 - 19:56

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

The Binding of Issac: Afterbirth+ - I got this for quite cheap, and I've liked what I've played for the hour-or-so thus far. I think that this will get more interesting the more I put into it. The art style gives me the boak though.

Rocket League - I think that there's a career mode to be completed in here, but bollocks to that - Rocket League is all about the multiplayer. I'll never complete it, but I'll still be playing Rocket League online by the time the sun goes supernova.

Regarding Isaac: You're absolutely right - the more time you spend with the game, the more items and characters you unlock and consequent runs become much more interesting.

Regarding Rocket League: The career mode is nothing more than a set number of matches against some AI, it's nothing to write home about. I wouldn't even include it in your backlog for that reason!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Jan 2018 - 22:13

The_Jaster wrote:

Just added Volgarr the Viking to this lot as it was on sale for £4.49

This version is better:
Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 Eu02
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Jan 2018 - 22:35

I'm sure it's probably the same with the only difference being I can play mine in portable mode. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 15:38

Nah, Jas: Mas' version is better because he can play it with a goatee and an Afghan scarf in Shoreditch and not look out of place. Winky Face

Backlog progress! In that, er, I've opened Skyrim and downloaded TSB and Y-L. And, um, that's it. Embarrassed Curse you, Switch, and your sixty hour-plus beautiful games!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 17:19

Laughing

Since I finished SWD2 the other day I'll probably be starting Serial Cleaner as my next Switch game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 19:56

Balladeer wrote:
Nah, Jas: Mas' version is better because he can play it with a goatee and an Afghan scarf in Shoreditch and not look out of place. Winky Face

Even if mine is burnt on to a disc?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jan 2018 - 13:16

My new games at Christmas Doom and Pokken seem to be struggling to get the time they deserve for me and I've now gone and added Oxenfree to the list after that great price.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jan 2018 - 20:03

I have now started Sexy Brutale and Yooka Laylee! Baby steps...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2018 - 11:15

UPDATE

Last time, Balladeer wrote:
  • Skyrim - haven't opened; Started it!  Meh.
  • Yooka-Laylee - haven't downloaded; Started it!  Meh.  So 'meh' I forgot about it when doing my recent 'auditions.
  • The Sexy Brutale - haven't bought; Finished it!  Better than meh.
  • Mario + Rabbids - right on the edge of dropping off, this, it's just too cerebral to be the sort of gaming I prefer; It has since dropped off.
  • Steamworld Dig 2 - am looking forward to getting back to this, just not as much as I am playing more XC2; Gave it another go!  Meh.
  • The Champions' Ballad - not sure how much I'm looking forward to this, but I will give it a shot, just to have an opportunity to romp through that world again; The content doesn't seem like my sort of thing.  Think I'll chalk this up as a sunk cost.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - probably next up on the backlog is completing the two secretest levels in the game and breaking open those things in every world.  This is going to stick around on my backlog for a while.  Loved it, want to play more.  But other new games take priority.

So, the backlog now stands at:
  • (Celeste - frontlog really this;)
  • Night in the Woods - potential next game;
  • Owlboy - also potential next game;
  • Thimbleweed Park - I need to get back to this, but it's a bit slow for me to want to fire it up.  Might be one I play on holiday, when that comes around;
  • Steamworld Dig 2 - potential somewhere-down-the-line game;
  • Skyrmish - probably not going to play this for a good long time if at all, but here it is, on my backlog, for now;
  • Super Mario Odyssey - that post-game won't finish itself;
  • Yooka-Laylee - I've only seen the opening chatter, but that was so slow that (combined with the reviews) it's put me off a bit.  It remains on the list, but with a bit of rolling of the eyes and 'I suppose I should give it another go'-ing to accompany it.

So I've whittled it down from seven games to... er, seven games. Embarrassed I'm using the fact that Fe hasn't been universally well-received to excuse myself from adding to that.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2018 - 18:19

Having played them all, I can confidently say that SteamWorld Dig 2 and Yooka-Laylee are far, far, far more worth your time than Xenoblade 2 was. SteamWorld Dig 2 only lasts about seven hours (WORTH SEVEN HOURS!), and the best part of Yooka-Laylee is the start. The latter in particular, it's at least worth playing for the first few hours, not just for the opening two minutes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Feb 2018 - 11:43

I'm going to call shenanigans on the first sentence - I know you don't understand how, Cappa, but I loved XC2!  That said, you're probably right about Y-L, and I shall give it longer to make an impression.  I just wish I'd played it before SMO set the bar for 3D platformers...

SWD2 I'll progress with because I hope it'll be short.  Sadly I just can't see the same charm in it that y'all can, not thus far (most of the prequel and two hours of this in) anyway. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 22:14

Enter Bayonetta and her sequel into my backlog. Her first outing is being played through right now. I'll give the second one some breathing room and slot in another game before then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next