What is a tagline? A miserable pile of words!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Drunkalilly
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 7:52

Balladeer wrote:
Have you started DOOM and XC2, Drunka?

I got about half way through DOOM before a combination of not having a TV to play on, wanting to wait for the motion controls and a bug that stopped me using most of the menus made me pack it in and wait to come back.

As for XC2 I've put the cart in and installed it but never even opened the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 11:45

JayMoyles wrote:
It's still like 15-20 hours if I remember rightly, which is only really short if you place it next to other JRPGs.

Which I am if I want a JRPG it either has to dig its claws in like Persona 5 did that I will want to play for 95hrs or be on the shorter side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EofGizmo
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 15:10

I am kinda tempted to pick up XC2 is it worth it peeps? Or shall I wait it out for Octopath?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Reggie

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 18:27

Very differing views on that here, Eof! Generally positive ones elsewhere. I've certainly given it the most time here: it's more Xenoblade, if you played the first one. If not, it's all about the atmosphere, built by means of massive worlds, changing weather, and beautiful music. The battle system's good for an RPG too: action-based, and surprisingly tactical. There are good characters and bad characters (the main two females are one of my best and worst female characters in gaming), and the plot's not bad. And it'll keep you going for hours and hours and hours.

I'd say, it depends whether you're fonder of modern or retro-style JRPGs. I think XC2 is an excellent example of the former.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Baby Brush God

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 20:30

I'd say have you played Ni No Kuni 2? If not go and play that instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EofGizmo
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 21:08

I see what you mean about split views!

I generally prefer old school jrpgs but I would like to try something a little different for a change!

And yep I have Ni No Kuni 2 so I might go for that instead!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:12

I would have said XCX2 is old-school and something like Persona 5 is a modern JRPG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Reggie

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:13

Bear in mind this is Andy we're talking about here. Tongue That said, certainly can't criticise you for playing one of Studio Ghibli's beautiful RPGs! I've heard it's not as good as NNK1, but that's just hearsay...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
Disciple of Reggie

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Thu 28 Jun 2018 - 18:44

Okay, I need to sort this out.

Currently Playing:
Sushi Striker - Really still enjoying this, for all that it knackers my fingers.  And I still seem to have a fair way to go...
Thimbeweed Park - Plugging through this still with The Lady, but walkthroughs are now being employed.

Next in Line:
Mario Tennis Aces - I want to give this a go.  I've got the game, the least I can do is give it a chance without being put off by all of the not-so-ace things I've heard about it.
Hollow Knight - This, on the other hand, I've heard nowt but good about.  A must-buy when SS is done.
Lumines - I said I'd get this to support the Meteos man, and I've read nothing to suggest I should do otherwise.

Need to Play:
Yoku's Island Express - This is just too damn chirpy not to give another crack at, but it's fallen down below some other new games.
Lost Sphear - Low pressure JRPG.  One for 'the neutral times in my existence'.
Golf Story - An odd one, it was pleasant enough to keep me playing but never really grabbed me. Still, the dialogue and golf were solid enough. One I could happily play the occasional round in.

Falling Off the Bottom:
Yooka-Laylee - Chirpy and cheerful, I got on with it more than people suggested I would, but it's a decently sized game and I'm not sure I have that time for 'more than people suggested I would'.
Light Fall - It's a cute enough indie platformer but it's no Celeste, I can tell you that already.
Nintendo Labo Variety Kit - I just don't have enough time in my flat to build all of the things.  Basically I need a two-week holiday at home to get stuck into them, and since I'm unlikely to get that until other things come along at Christmas, this is very close to being written off.

Everybody else was interested in that, right?  Right...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: