We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy

Go down 
+11
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
gjones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 12:16

But if you get the blue and pink ones, you can squish them together and make a purple one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 13:41

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I saw my first charity shop Switch game in a British Heart Foundation a couple of weeks back though. It was My Time At Portia for £9.99, but it didn’t really interest me enough to take a punt on it.

I know Smurf was quite fond of that game, might have been worth a go at a tenner according to him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptySat 15 Jan 2022 - 20:56

To my knowledge I don't think it's a Cappa game by any stretch though, it's basically Stardew Valley in 3D only with some choppy frames and glitches. Yet it still drew me in and I do intend to return to it one day to finish the story but it's a bit of a time sink.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptySun 16 Jan 2022 - 13:15

It was just one of those times where I was happy to leave it to someone else.

What I didn't buy yesterday might be more contentious though: Monster Hunter Rise for £14.99 in the local Cash Generator. My thinking was that I need to spend my time on the games I know I'll enjoy, and distribute that time more evenly. I've seen some of the playtimes youse have on Monster Hunter Rise on your Activity Logs, and I just think 'aye, I could probably use that time on fifty other games'.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptySun 16 Jan 2022 - 13:24

Wouldn't it be good trade fodder?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyMon 17 Jan 2022 - 22:03

Half of those fifty games would be 7/10 obscure Game Boy platformers... and you'd probably still enjoy them more than MHR.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 11:04

Balladeer wrote:
Half of those fifty games would be 7/10 obscure Game Boy platformers... and you'd probably still enjoy them more than MHR.

There's no need to insult Cappa like that. I'm sure he's a man of taste and culture.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 13:08

Went out yesterday and I did buy a red DualSense for £45 but what I came across I didn't buy was a bunch of Japanese GameCube games in the local and reason why I went out, yet the prices of £45 for Nintendo Puzzle Collection put me right off.

I know Cappa got from Genki, and looking they now sell for £30 when in stock isn't that far off, but £15 difference was enough to put me off.

Did also spot in cash generator, a Mario Edition Switch for £200 Unboxed which felt like something could have made money on but hard to find on eBay as red Switch bring me up one with Neon Joy-Cons etc.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 14:59

That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for the Nintendo Puzzle Collection on Genki. My copy was roughly a tenner, but it's in terrible condition and it didn't come with the big outer box or the GBA link cable. That GBA cable probably costs close to £30 itself these days, I'm assuming?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 15:07

This one in store had no cable and one I was looking at on Genki didn't either. But do know Four Swords or Crystal Chronicles if you have with cable go for a pretty penny.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 9:56

When you say GBA cable, do you mean the standard GC-to-GBA cable or did it have a special one? Because one of those cables is a matter of two or three bucks here.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 10:21

I mean GameCube to GBA. Seems about right super cheap in Japan, expensive everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 11:33

Yeah, the mad pandemic retro gaming prices haven't hit here at all. I also think stuff is a little cheaper generally because people look after stuff, so it doesn't become rare, but also they love to buy the next new thing, so there's less of a demand.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 20:40

I get the impression that retro gaming is seen as a niche and dispensable little hobby in Japan. Kind of like what it was in the UK about fifteen-twenty years ago, when very little was viewed as collectable, and most was just seen as old and outdated clutter. Even ten years ago, there was no hassle finding loads of GameCube games for 1p plus postage on Amazon UK.

The normal retro gaming costs over here didn’t so much hit my ceiling as rocket straight through it. An Evercade collection or an occasional second-hand game off of Amazon is about my limit these days, because the costs generally seem to have no limits.

On topic, but yesterday I was umm'ing and ahh'ing about buying a Game Boy Player for my GameCube - £155, but I have loads of CEX credit. Disappointed to see that it was unboxed, and in pretty shabby condition. Acht.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 20:49

A few things on my travels around Exeter I didn't buy Naruto on GameCube as it was badly damaged nor did I buy £80 Metroid Trilogy on Wii along with other such things.

Yet most notably, one of these
Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 Atari-520-ste-16-bit-original-skvely-stav-8a7e3c42-9d00-4322-bedc-6a1f32332c2c

It was £200 in a pawn shop.

I don't know much about old computers (Jim?) if that was a good price, just for me on what would have been a whim too much. I'm always tempted to go in Build-A-Bear when I pass it in Exeter to get Eevee, yet I don't know where I would be it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 15:00

If you really want an Atari ST, you probably would pay £200. But I think the old computer era has willingly allowed emulation to be the official first source for retro content; none of the companies that made these things are going any more.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 15:58

Nah don't want a old Computer but if saw at boot sale for like £50 would take a punt on that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptySat 9 Apr 2022 - 18:41

Staying with old things, I saw this doing the rounds on Twitter

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 TheA500-Mini-Amiga-Addict-Magazine_Retail-Launch-Front-Cover

Thought that's neat, a one of for the Amiga Mini, yet I saw it in WHS today which this is issue 11. I've been on magazine's site, and yes it's been back for a while, seems it will continue as well.

Again it is neat but also baffling an Amiga magazine can be on the high street in 2022, yet nothing for Nintendo.

Ohh I did spot Legend of Dragoon in the wild, just £130 a tad much for me on a PS1 game.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Apr 2022 - 11:32

That's genuinely baffling. Although saying that, I don't understand why there are gun magazines, or magazines just for the Porsche 911. Maybe there's crossover - affluent gun-toting, Porsche owners love a bit of Amiga?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2022 - 20:42

gjones wrote:
I don't understand why there are gun magazines

The guns don't work without them.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2022 - 23:30

Bravo Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 18:50

Do the gun magazines have free gifts?

"WORTH SEVEN BULLETS!!! Get your free fully loaded magazine with the next issue."
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 20:32

Balladeer wrote:
gjones wrote:
I don't understand why there are gun magazines

The guns don't work without them.

Very good.

The_Jaster wrote:
Do the gun magazines have free gifts?

I'm afraid that's a loaded question.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022 - 14:41

To give the more serious answer, I'm utterly unsurprised there's a market for gun mags. I played with toy guns as a kid, and I'm sure there are people for whom the appeal doesn't go away. Boys And Their Toys: Lethal Edition. And of course you get the asshats in the countryside who take pleasure in killing animals themselves.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022 - 14:58

Can also serve stuff of this new gun coming out but the 911 mag not as sure as what can change from last issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next