We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2019 - 10:29

Jimbob wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
Muss wrote:

Don't read until yer done:
O&S Chat:
O&S Chat 2:

Bert and ernie chat:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2019 - 16:26

Copying this from the old Souls thread to feel smug:

My experience with them lads:

I had the proper O+S experience when I replayed the game on PS3, to be fair. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2019 - 22:19

Drunkalilly wrote:

One of the best ways I've heard someone describe the mindset for beating Dark Souls is to stop thinking in terms of a game and start thinking as though you're really there in Lordran. In a videogame  if you see a dragon you might reckon you can fight it, but in real life you'd turn and run. In a game you might randomly attack innocent shopkeepers, but in real life you'd be banged up.

This has actually proved to be pretty good advice, the number of times I've taken silly risks hasn't dropped all too considerably but I'm taking a lot more time to prepare for antics down the road, like buying a lot of more throwing knives (poison tipped, no less) and moss.
The game is climbing quickly into my good books, I have a ninja outfit (matching my aesthetic) and I can throw fireballs at unsuspecting foes. Currently in Blighttown getting my farm on while I try to figure out what I am even meant to be doing...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:26

Have you reached the bottom of Blighttown yet? If not, have a poke about down there.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 12:39

I have done since, did some poking about the toxic swamp and got crushed by an ogre with a big rock. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 11:20

Did you find the bonfire in the swamp? If so, you're through the worst of what ol' Blighty can throw at you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 19:29

No after consulting the wiki for the aread I was going the wrong direction around the swamp Duh!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 19:02

Yeah, look for a sewer-like tunnel first before exploring the rest of the swamp area.

Have you been to Darkroot Gardens? You should have some lovely moss to help with the effects of the swamp.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 22:20

I've now finished with that ghastly swamp for good and have breached Sen's fortress, featuring big nasty lizard men. I think it's safe to say any initial grievances I had with this game have subsided and I am really enjoying it at this point Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 23:59

Good to hear it! How are you finding Sen's Funhouse?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySat 4 May 2019 - 21:19

I found blight town a breeze... But that's because I got annoyed with the game long before I ended reached Blighty. I only went back to the game after Drunks kept telling me to git gd in real (for like a good six months)'

Souls is a bit like driving: once you master the clutch you get it.

By the time I reached Blighty, I was prepared and methodical and didn't need any guides.

Sounds like Duck's gut gd with the clutch. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 21:31

There's moments like that in all of the From games I've played - that moment where the mechanics click and you become one with the Matrix. And then the game throws thousands of Agent Smiths at you and the fun's all over...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySun 12 May 2019 - 14:12

I've got my own clutch sorted again now... but not the indicators, as once again I used my free starting item in a "wrong button" press. Plus I played against morning light, not being able to see the screen properly, so if anything I'm more hardcore than anyone Razz
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 1:05

You need to pick the Pendant to unlock the secret ending - it's the only starting item that matters.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySun 19 May 2019 - 10:09

I had a bit of a panic when I started the game - I couldn't remember whether
Spoiler:
I'm trying hard this time to
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 17:23

You can farm humanities from rats. Don't ask why - you just can.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 2:11

Cos they eat people.

Curse hates wax, the pope is a crab, rats eat people. These are the facts. Deep lore.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 May 2019 - 0:33

We didn't cover DS1 in Guesstus - my lore bombs aren't loaded up for that game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySun 26 May 2019 - 10:33

JayMoyles wrote:
You can farm humanities from rats. Don't ask why - you just can.
Interesting, I may head back to the
EVERYTHING IN SPOILERS IN CASE - I DON'T KNOW WHAT CONSTITUTES A DARK SOULS SPOILER:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 May 2019 - 0:30

There's a bunch of rats under the bridge with the dragon leading up to the Undead Parish. I think there's a bonfire close by too for easy respawning of those rat boys too.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySun 2 Jun 2019 - 19:26

Righto. Thankfully I
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptySun 2 Jun 2019 - 20:38

Yeah, I do think it's a massive difficulty spike, but I suppose the good thing is that there's nothing harder than that for the rest of the game. If you can beat them, you can finish the game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 1:40

See, I'll agree that it's a difficulty spike but the thing is . . . I love it! I genuinely love that fight, getting it just right, learning the timing when to dodge when to attack, the spectacle of it, everything. I beat them solo every time and it's the pinnacle of my run.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 20:40

I'm still working my way through this. I'm determined to clear everything out (I never had the DLC previously), but...
Ash Lake's a load of old bollocks isn't it?:
Other than that, progression everywhere is (a) better than the first time I played it, (b) still quite reasonable. I fear I should say that in case someone thinks I'm moaning! BLASPHEMY
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2019 - 1:01

The DLC's great - one of the bosses in there is the best in the series.

Jimbob wrote:

Ash Lake's a load of old bollocks isn't it?:

I like Ash Lake, probably for the same reason you don't like it: It's all atmosphere and lore and story and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next