We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:44

I've still never played the DLC either! I ought to in order to square off against the boss Drunka is referring to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2019 - 0:38

Snap! There's just so many other games to play though rather than going through one I already have hundreds of hours in.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptySat 29 Jun 2019 - 18:48

Maybe if you stopped playing Snap so much you'd have time for other games.

What's that? Ah, my coat. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 19:57

Drunkalilly wrote:
The DLC's great - one of the bosses in there is the best in the series.

Jimbob wrote:

Ash Lake's a load of old bollocks isn't it?:

I like Ash Lake, probably for the same reason you don't like it: It's all atmosphere and lore and story and nothing else.

I guess that's true. I don't even know what story! Except for that one bit with the cool guy at the end. I want a patch where Stephen Fry reads out all of the item descriptions as I'm running around, so I know what the hell's going on.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 23:19

Just follow everybody else's lead and go watch VaatiVidya's explanations after you're done. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 2:53

That Stephen Fry idea is a belter! In fact I think it'd be cool if some games had bonus commentary to unlock after you beat them.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 3:46

That's a thing! Quite a few Indies do it, and elsewhere I think it happened in like a Deus Ex or something?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 17:37

Ahh nice! It should happen more often then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:41

Valve were great for that before they stopped making games - HL2 had some great commentaries about how they designed each level, as did TF2. I think Bioshock did as well, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:33

I really liked the commentaries on the DoubleFine remakes (Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle). But re the ^^^^^ above, get VaatVidya to talk about everything. He's so nice!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 10:10

Not on Switch, but I have indeed been playing (and enjoying!) the original Dark Souls recently!

I'm on temporary hiatus after picking up Legends: Arceus, but prior to this I had just made it to the boss battle atop Sen's Fortress.

In typical me fashion, progress has been at a snail's pace as I've been focused on my character stats, but I have indeed been enjoying this game a great deal after putting it down in disgust way back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 11:41

That's great to hear! Always happy to have more of the forum following the one true faith, but be careful with that "stopping and going back" lark - this game can be a bugger to get back into the groove with if you lose that!
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2022 - 12:42

Buskalilly wrote:
That's great to hear! Always happy to have more of the forum following the one true faith, but be careful with that "stopping and going back" lark - this game can be a bugger to get back into the groove with if you lose that!

I think I'll be okay this time - I have spent a ludicrous amount of time on my character so far, so I feel like I'm pretty bedded into the gameplay loop for the time being. Big fan of the reinforced club thus far, too.

Consequently, I have also taken the time to pick up Bloodborne and DS2. (And yes, I am aware of the pros and cons of the latter!)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2022 - 13:39

Bloodborne is an all time great. Also, if you're struggling with the boss at Sen's Fortress, there's a NPC summon nearby who can solo the boss for you and it is a spectacle to witness that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2022 - 22:29

Stu wrote:
Bloodborne and DS2. (And yes, I am aware of the pros and cons of the latter!)

Dark Souls 2 honestly gets some weird flack online & it only comes from the fact that folk prejudged it because it wasn't directed by Miyazaki. Now that the dust has settled on the numbered Souls games I think I honestly prefer 2 over 3........but it's honestly a fine line because they are all spectacular games.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 8:59

JayMoyles wrote:
Bloodborne is an all time great. Also, if you're struggling with the boss at Sen's Fortress, there's a NPC summon nearby who can solo the boss for you and it is a spectacle to witness that.

I haven't actually used a summon yet. Stubbornly, I'm trying to get through with my own blood sweat and tears, but it would be cool to finish Solaire's story and use him in the final boss I suppose. Yes, I have been reading Wikis.

@Jas: I like some of the stuff they introduced in Souls 2 such as stat re-rolls, and the Majula hub is a welcome addition. Some of the environments look really colourful compared to the first game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 6:39

Aye, they all do some interesting and different things from each other.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 8:21

The_Jaster wrote:
I think I honestly prefer 2 over 3........but it's honestly a fine line because they are all spectacular games.      

In terms of gameplay, they're very close, with 3 having a little less frustration than 2 but also maybe being a little faster-paced than I'd like. In terms of world-building and story, 2 pisses all over 3 from a great height.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 13:27

I don't know if I could go back to DS1 and DS2 after being used to the increase in game speed from DS3, Sekiro and Elden Ring. I know some people prefer the methodical chunky combat of those first two titles, but my DEX loving soul pines for speedier combat.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 10:04

I still find DS1 really fun to play, but I'm a STRENGTH guy (to the surprise of nobody).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 11:39

DS 1 is also the best if you like to parry a lot.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 12:31

yeah BOI
ka DUNK
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 17:28

The Elden Ring parry feels just as good btw. Smile
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 8:57

The_Jaster wrote:
DS 1 is also the best if you like to parry a lot.

I stink at parrying. Crying or Very sad

I'm definitely more of a dodge roll person.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 16:18

Said in the now Elden Ring thread, I was looking at Souls game but also want to play on Switch, that the option is this.

I did look at it the other day in CEX before all the Elden Ring buzz, yet I picked up all the JRPG's instead, would say it was because cost £35 however those JRPG's also cost a few (Jim)bob.

Oddly though, you've started playing it Stu (Not on Switch) and more shocking EofGiz has as well (On Switch) in the past week.

I'm trying to hunt down a cheap copy of it on Switch, as I speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next