We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySat 28 Dec 2019 - 21:06

Holy smokes, I didn't think there'd actually be one.

To be fair I barely use tabletop mode, was just a bit sad me and my partner couldn't play overcooked very well. So difficult to see the orders.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySat 28 Dec 2019 - 21:09

Yeah I was quite surprised as well & it makes you wonder what other weird accessories the Switch might have.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 13:41

Is there a utility belt that your Switch can clip into? If not there should be.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 14:55

When my pal Joe and I hurt our necks playing FIFA on our laps all the way to a football match and back a few months ago, I thought it'd be cool to make a kind of harness that hangs the switch from the handrail for easy multiplayer tabletop on trains. Probably not actually feasible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 17:31

Muss wrote:
Holy smokes, I didn't think there'd actually be one.

To be fair I barely use tabletop mode, was just a bit sad me and my partner couldn't play overcooked very well. So difficult to see the orders.

Did you have your screen brightness bumped up to full? I was finding my screen a bit dark at points before I realised I'd turned the brightness down at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 20:18

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 Nintendo-2020.original I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 Nintendo-2020.original

Ninfographics for the year ahead.  Doesn't look so bad when you put it like that!  I forgot Panzer Dragoon was coming too.  Personally, I'm only getting one game on the first graphic, but that's probably just me...

Does anyone, and I mean anyone, know what Here's bargain I'll send you nurses for free Spongebob is doing there? Eh?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 21:27

I think that Spongebob game was quite well received back in the day as a pretty solid 3D collect-a-thon platformer. I think it's fondly remembered. But regardless of that, that's a pretty grim first infographic - that's a LOT of ports and remasters. The second infographic looks a fair bit better, but we need some release dates!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 21:31

That won't be all though. Nintendo always have a few surprises up their sleeve, like a Xenoblade Chronicles remaster, or another remastering of Xenoblade Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 21:32

Laughing Excellent.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 22:15

SpongeBob is bit of a cult classic for a kids licensed game.

The graph has some good games on it but personally only think Animal Crossing is a system seller/must have and highlighting something like Devil May Cry 3 even though a good game isn't one I'd be shouting about.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyTue 21 Jan 2020 - 18:02

Thinking about it, I'm okay with remasters from more than a generation back. Honestly in a lot of regards Link's Awakening felt like an entirely new game. Agreed that DMC3 is not a sign of an overflowing schedule at this point in time, though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyTue 21 Jan 2020 - 18:13

And that list has one which hopefully is a banger #genesisdoeswhatnintendon't
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyTue 21 Jan 2020 - 20:37

It's always an interesting time when a licensed game gets remastered - there's technically 2 in there. That suggests the game is good enough to re-grab the license, like Duck Tales.

It is a bit empty at the moment, but Animal Crossing is sort of everything, so maybe it doesn't matter so much!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyTue 21 Jan 2020 - 23:31

Animal Crossing, Doom and the Pokemon Expansion woukd pretty much do me for 2020.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyWed 22 Jan 2020 - 14:11

Very much looking forward to Animal Crossing. A game to tinker with in small doses is something I really want to add to my Switch collection. Happy with a lot of the titles on that list.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyThu 23 Jan 2020 - 11:11

Animal Crossing
Pokemon Expansion
The Outer Worlds
Panzer Dragoon
Minecraft Dungeons
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
No More Heroes III
Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga
Hollow Knight Silksong
Deadly Premonition 2

That's at least 10 games I'm getting, I have no complaints!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyThu 23 Jan 2020 - 17:37

I do think it's me for the most part as I look at those 10 games and if given them on PlayBox 5000 with that just my console, I would be happy.

But it comes down to how you look at it be it a positive of Mas likes games, so has all the machines (okay no Switch at the moment but still watching directs, want good things to happen) or a negative as I look at those 10 games with one I all ready played, one will be on game pass along with the others for most part play elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptyFri 24 Jan 2020 - 12:36

So here's a question, for those who aren't satisfied with the current release schedule.  What would an ideal but feasible Switch 2020 look like for you?  YMMV about 'feasible', natch.

Here's mine:

Q1 pretty much carries on as it has been doing, trickling games out gently.  I don't think anything else is feasible really.  I'd like to see a Direct in early February addressing the first half of this year, and a surprise belter dropping out of that available immediately or almost.  Something like, Nintendo have given an indie developer one of their IPs to make a non-procgen game or something.  Otherwise the big games aren't for me and I'm okay with that.  Allows me to work through my backlog.

That Direct reveals a medium-sized non-port game for each month in Q2.  It's been a while since we saw Wario, so I don't think it's unreasonable to hope that a WarioWare emerges in April.  In May, alongside The Outer Worlds coming over, we get an all-new Rhythm Paradise or Elite Beat Agents game.  The big summer game hits in June: it is a new Mario RPG that's been in the works for a while and, after poor sales of the last few, goes back to having non-series NPCs and RPG elements.  (It won't be TTYD-levels.  I'm being optimistic, not unrealistic.)  Also, Disco Elysium comes to Switch as a 'playable NOW' announcement in the E3 Direct, and I play and enjoy it despite my misgivings; and the Pokémon DLC has winding labyrinths filled with trainers and stuff that aren't horrendous to trudge through.

The E3 Direct heralds several big games going into Q3, and this time they haven't all been crushed into September; as well as giving us more to chew over from BotW2 and MP4 (neither are out this year, with BotW2 being given more development time to be the Best Game Ever Again - take that Jay).  Along with Bravely Default II, we get Capcom finally coming back to Switch properly with an Ace Attorney offering that isn't just a port of 4-6 (we also get a port of 4-6 Rolling Eyes ), and a Metroid game of some variety: either the much-rumoured trilogy, or the slightly rumoured new 2D follow-up to Fusion.  There's also a big one-player-centric new IP adventure to get our teeth into, like Daemon x Machina but actually good.  We also see NMH3 released around this point, and it's good enough to dispel Cappa's doubts.  Also Meteos Wars is ported to Switch because why not?

Finally, in Q4, Nintendo roll out the big guns in time for Christmas.  Alongside Panzer and Bayo 3, there's Super Mario Odyssey 2 which is basically more of the same or a new 2D Mario that isn't part of the NSMB series; Mario Kart 9 which isn't called Mario Kart 9 because it has a new gimmick to distinguish itself from the unbeatable MK8D; and, released in early November, a returning much-asked-for-but-still-niche-when-you-look-at-sales-figures franchise.  It could be Star Fox, or F-Zero, or even Kid Icarus (either 2D or 3D with proper controls).  Nintendo has shoehorned some daft gimmick into it, but not enough to kill the appeal.

What does your ideal year look like (if it isn't ideal already), and what aspects of mine are never going to happen ever?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 13:51

I don't buy an awful lot of brand new games. I'm pretty happy with more Pokemon, Animal Crossing and the third party titles we've seen thus far. That said

Balladeer wrote:

The E3 Direct heralds several big games going into Q3, and this time they haven't all been crushed into September; as well as giving us more to chew over from BotW2 and MP4 (neither are out this year, with BotW2 being given more development time to be the Best Game Ever Again - take that Jay).
I agree with this  Laughing

Balladeer wrote:

Finally, in Q4, ... a returning much-asked-for-but-still-niche-when-you-look-at-sales-figures franchise.  It could be Star Fox, or F-Zero, or even Kid Icarus (either 2D or 3D with proper controls).  Nintendo has shoehorned some daft gimmick into it, but not enough to kill the appeal.

If they brought back F-Zero and didn't gimmick it up the wazoo that would genuinely be the only Switch game I need! I would take a HD Remaster of GX to be honest. It's not going to happen though Sad

Tell you what, I would like to see a bunch of midprice Ninty games. Stuff like Mario Strikers Charged making a come back. Games which aren't retailing at full price, focused more on arcadey goodness but which have a lick of Nintendo polish. I guess I'm just cheap though and there aren't many major publishers who've released mid-price games so that ain't happening either. One can dream though
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 14:02

Yes... I don't know if that's realistic to want a non-gimmicked F-Zero though, because you've got people like Shigsy saying 'we can't come up with a new entry in a franchise without something to do with it'. It's admirable on the one hand, and bone-headed on the other.

And yep, I'd like more mid-price games too too. It's what I was trying to get at with my Q2 release dream schedule. I'd like more mid-price offerings in general, the sort of things that'd be bigger titles on a pure handheld. Doesn't seem to be happening.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 14:40

I do like the sound of your stuff Balla.

As I don't really know what I want from Nintendo and friends, I think I said it to Jay about the games of the decade Top 10 which doesn't have a single Nintendo game in it.

That Nintendo might just not be for me any more as a whole, as I look at the Wii which never clicked with me when it was current (I have liked going back to it now), the DS past me by but never been a big handheld guy, 3DS looking at the library might be worse than the DS and I did struggle with a Top 10 recently in the not a vote vote but did have games I liked and I'm playing mine right now, then it comes to the Wii U which out of these systems the least successful & smallest library yet the one still here but do I like it because it's the weird underdog system (I do like the Dreamcast and VITA as well).

Which leads me to the Switch and I look at what we've had which includes a 3D Mario, two 2D Marios, 3D Zelda,  2D Zelda which also covers the normal Zelda port/remake/remaster, a Kirby game, a Yoshi game, a SMASH bros, a Fire Emblem, two Pokemon games etc and seems we've had like everything already.  

That really makes me think some sequels to some of those or something along the lines of Nintendo All-Stars Racing but does Nintendo need to do that as Kart 8D just keeps on selling.

Based on the 3DS may be a new Layton, Mario & Luigi, Phoenix Wright, 2D Metroid, Kid Icarus could be worth looking at.  

Or new IP's and AAA ones, as I look at Sony with the PS4 which is 7 years old and we're getting Ghost of Tsushima a AAA new IP as not to knock Daemon x Machina but it's not the same is it.

It's going to be this isn't it
I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 C6bofvjix7a31
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 19:03

Muss wrote:

Balladeer wrote:

The E3 Direct heralds several big games going into Q3, and this time they haven't all been crushed into September; as well as giving us more to chew over from BotW2 and MP4 (neither are out this year, with BotW2 being given more development time to be the Best Game Ever Again - take that Jay).
I agree with this  Laughing

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 Tenor

To answer Balla's question, I think we know that Q1 is going to be a quiet one for Nintendo outside of Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

I honestly don't know what to expect or what I even want from Nintendo this year outside of a couple of things. I obviously want BotW2 as a big winter release for Fantasy League reasons, but also because I want that game injected into my veins. I highly doubt we'll get MP4 this year based on the fact it sounded like they were essentially restarting development last year.

Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes 3 should be Q3/Q4 released, I reckon. But beyond that, I'm waiting on Nintendo telling me what I want, even though I don't know I want it yet.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 20:20

That is the most massive cop-out of an answer. Laughing I do broadly agree with the 'give me what I don't know I want' thing, and I'm sure there'll be something this year that I pick up not knowing I want it and love - but still!

masofdas wrote:
Or new IP's and AAA ones, as I look at Sony with the PS4 which is 7 years old and we're getting Ghost of Tsushima a AAA new IP as not to knock Daemon x Machina but it's not the same is it.

Nintendo only really seem to do that where an existing IP couldn't paper over the gap. As such, you know you're getting something actually new-feeling from a new IP. You mention DxM, which was by all accounts quite weak, but at the same time it was trying something that's relatively new for Nintendo-produced games (even if mech combat itself has been around all over the place). See also: ARMS, The Stretchers. Meanwhile I've seen plenty of 'new IPs' elsewhere that don't feel actually new at all. Nintendo certainly prefer doing interesting things with their current ones.

Anyway, I reckon we're due another attempt and we'll likely see one more this year, maybe even a sizeable one. I like all your 3DS games ideas (and I think mentioned most of them!).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 22:20

It honestly wasn't intended to be a cop-out! I genuinely have no idea what I want specifically from Nintendo beyond BotW2 and from third parties, well, I mentioned Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes III. I'd love to see an Ace Attorney on Switch this year, but that would require Capcom releasing a new game on the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 EmptySun 26 Jan 2020 - 10:22

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd love to see an Ace Attorney on Switch this year, but that would require Capcom releasing a new game on the Switch.

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Ff6f29d8b15ed2f710a596e8199be6308%2Ftenor

It actually wouldn't, they could tart up The Great Ace Attorney or do a double package of the two Investigations games... but I agree it's not overly likely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 23 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next