We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playstation 4

Go down 
+15
Athrun888
Admin
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
SuperPaperLink
JayMoyles
Silver light
NintenDUCK
beemoh
Gwyn400
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
The_Jaster
shanks
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Playstation 4 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 9:49

So it' five in a row but as Jas pointed out else where, we should try maybe getting other topics being used more & talked about. With a of us now owning a PS4 along with 10 million others and a few of you now looking at one for bloodborne for instance. This seemed a thread to try to get some conservations going.

I've just been on push square to see if they've reviewed Diablo III yet , they haven't but just seen the coming soon list. It seems the last sort of two weeks are fairly decent for the PS4 with Diablo III, The Last Tinker, CounterSpy, PVZ:Garden Warfare, inFamous: First Light, Hotline Miami and Minecraft.

I've got First Light predownloaded and Diablo III I think will go on the Christmas list unless I see cheap between now & then. But all those indies look decent has anyone played Last Tinker on PC, the big two I know more about & yet to play either. I am considering minecraft is anyone else or you all done with it as I know multiplayer co-op stuff is a big aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 12:30

Looking forwards to First Light, will pick up the physical of that, same for PvZ. Not sure if I should get Diablo yet, I have it on PS3 but not sure if the upgrade will be worth it (wish there was an actual upgrade for it).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 15:53

I pre-ordered myself a ps4 with Destiny today, which is surprising as it wasn't a game I had on my radar all that much until I got to try the beta on ps3 but it sets me up nicely as Alien Isolation is out the following month.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 17:57

Cool Jas we can get a fireteam going as apparently you need one for the final missions. I know you can send your character across from ps3 to 4, so I don't know how much you could sell it for on ps3 but that might be something to think about Andy.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 23:24

I have literally no idea what you meant at the end there mas  Laughing Who on earth is getting it on PS3?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 23:33

You said you have on PS3 and wish there was a option to upgrade on ps4. So buy on ps4 transfer character from ps3 version which you can do, and as you will have on ps4 & no need for ps3 version, so sell it. Okay you might only get a tenner or something but would make it like a £30 on PS4.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 23:35

You changed games talk without indicating it! I know you can transfer character but I own the download version so couldn't trade in even if I wanted to (which I wouldn't).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 23:42

But what would be the point of keeping it if you had on ps4 as your character would be on that, seems pointless to keep on ps3 if you had a disc. Was it on sale at somepoint as a download.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 7:52

Because I like having a good PS3 collection and wouldn't give somewhere the opportunity to rip me off for it. It wasn't on sale but me and the gf both wanted it so it worked out much cheaper to download (even at the crazy price) so we could both play it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 12:56

Makes sense a little, it's one of the reasons I trade in or sale early, so don't lose much money sometimes it's only a few quid. But if you've had some of collection since release, I can understand not wanting to get rid as some of it might be worth peanuts now. I remember next door wanting to sell his PSP & he had likes of FIFA 05 and he was like I paid £40 for that & that the time was worth about 50p, so he just kept the lot.

Yeah guess if you both using the download, but prices are mad. One of the reasons I don't buy full games as a download, they should be like with first light which is cheaper as a download & coming early. They should be more incentives for downloads.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 14:29

andyman949 wrote:
Because I like having a good PS3 collection and wouldn't give somewhere the opportunity to rip me off for it.

I don't think I could ever trade/sell a console in as you said prices are generally a rip off but the biggest factor for me is you are basically selling a small part of history.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 14:43

I do disagree with the rip off bit as someone who's ran a gameshop, worked for cashconverters and been offered a job in GAME. You trading or selling is about timing like I pointed how I trade in early to get best price, but these places have to make money there not going to give you £90 when they only sell a PS3 for a £100. These company's etc have to make money and I've been always been taught double it where possible as even that is not double really by the time you take of tax, bills etc. When I had the shop, even when I could double my money my profit was more like 30% and I would imagine somewhere like GAME there's would be less due to more staff & higher rent etc.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 16:53

Oh I know how it works I just don't think its a good deal personally so I wouldn't do it, but like I said that's not the main reason for me.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 17:01

Yeah Jas has got it pretty bang on. Even if I did want to trade a game in I wouldn't want to feel rushed into trading it in before it drops in price. I don't think the preowned market is overly healthy from either a buyers or seller point of view. The margin is negligible, the only person it's an okish deal for is people who can't afford games often.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 17:09

I don't want to course any offence but one of you is unemployed & the other a student,  whom I would think the used market is catered for as you put Andy, most in those circumstances can't afford game's often.  I personally buy very little used game's, I just bought watch dogs used as wasn't sure about,  so decided to wait for it to be well priced.  Of course I trade often as once I've done a game story-wise that's about it for me & liking most genre's there's always a lot to look forward like in September there's about 6 decent game's with one being £150.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014 - 23:15

Back on topic of PS4, any of you planning on getting GTAV on it. I know a few off you play it online on PS3 and with the ability to take your save over to ps4, didn't know if it's on anyone's radar.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 23 Aug 2014 - 7:46

I'm waiting for a bit more concrete info. I've played so much of it online now I'm certainly not desperate to update to continue unless they bring something really fresh to the table. I'll probably pick it up at a later date when there isn't much coming it. Next summer maybe!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 23 Aug 2014 - 9:20

Yeah I would like to know what the PS4 exclusive content is,
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 23 Aug 2014 - 14:39

andyman949 wrote:
I'm waiting for a bit more concrete info. I've played so much of it online now I'm certainly not desperate to update to continue unless they bring something really fresh to the table. I'll probably pick it up at a later date when there isn't much coming it. Next summer maybe!

Pretty much agree with all of that but the price is a massive factor for me, some sort of upgrade deal for folk who own the ps3 version would be nice but I won't be holding my breath on that.

masofdas wrote:
Yeah I would like to know what the PS4 exclusive content is.

If there is any I don't see it being anything big so they don't step on the toes of last gen owners, my worst fear is heist missions being a timed exclusive.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 23 Aug 2014 - 18:40

There won't be a upgrade, it doesn't need one as it will sell.

Was confirmed at E3 exclusive content for PS4.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 23 Aug 2014 - 21:07

He just said it wouldn't be big, which it won't. It'll be like a gun and a few skins or something. Maybe a couple more origins characters for onlines creator.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySat 23 Aug 2014 - 21:42

The_Jaster wrote:

masofdas wrote:
Yeah I would like to know what the PS4 exclusive content is.

If there is any I don't see it being anything big so they don't step on the toes of last gen owners, my worst fear is heist missions being a timed exclusive.

Is how I read it and then what he thinks it will be.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptySun 24 Aug 2014 - 0:49

I never knew exclusive content was confirmed as the game isn't on my radar as I already own it & that's why I worded it that way.

masofdas wrote:

There won't be a upgrade, it doesn't need one as it will sell.

This is why I said:

Jaster wrote:
some sort of upgrade deal for folk who own the ps3 version would be nice but I won't be holding my breath on that.

I basically want an incentive to own it on that platform & a cheap price would be the best one for me if it doesn't have one I'll most likely not get it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 13:47

On about ports it seems Beyond Two Souls has been pretty much confirmed for PS4 as a directors cut now running at 1080p 60fps, the DLC content, deleted scenes and a whole new section playing as a baby.

I'm kinda excited as I didn't play on PS3 and there's new stuff okay it's not going to be as robust as tearaway's but still more then let's say last of us which okay might have all the content but it's content all ready available.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 9:06

So I got my ps4 yesterday and I had a blast with it after I got past some annoyingly slow game updates/downloads, the UI is great & I love how quick the ps store runs but back to that slow update/download business for some reason my wifi signal strength isn't as strong as it is on my ps3 which means I couldn't play the first proper (online) story mission in Destiny.

I don't get why the wifi is worse as my set up hasn't changed and this means I have two options: 1) Play in the living room which is only available at 9 or 10pm & 2) buy one of those wifi relay boosters. (wired isn't an option because the layout of my house sucks)

Anyhoo, a good wee console.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next