We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 16:50

Another NES game and an almighty four SNES games are being put up on NIntendo Switch Online next week.

My feeling about Donkey Kong Country 3 is that if you've got the first two then you may as well have the third. I liked it well enough on Wii Virtual Console, it's worth a playthrough. I've got no clue about Super Valis IV, but all I know is that I've definitely never seen it on anybody's 'Best SNES Games Ever!' type of lists.

The other three are entirely predictable fare, with Tuff E Nuff and Ignition Factor coming from Jaleco and Nightshade coming from PIKO Interactive. They're two companies that seem happy to license their games to anybody and to anywhere - all this stuff is already on the Evercade, on Antstream, and all those odd non-branded retro mini consoles. Anyway, Tuff E Nuff is spectacularly average, I've never played Ignition Factor, and I couldn't be buggered with Nightshade.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 19:50

I'm certainly curious to try Nightshade, but I'd not heard of that or Valis either.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 21:46

I'm still replaying DKC2 but it's good to have 3 on there too. Tempted to jump right into it. I still really like it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2020 - 0:08

I'm doing this thing of playing all the Marios and I'm about to start the Zeldas, but I should also do the Donkey Kongs at some point. I've always been adamant that the platforming and graphics are a bit gross next to Super Mario World but I liked the Wii and Wii U ones so I should give them another go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 12:50

I turned on my Switch this morning to see that there's a week-long free Game Trial for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Get amongst that - it's a brilliant cart racer and it was one of my favourite games of 2019.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 14:05

Thanks for the heads up. I used to have it on cartridge so it'd be nice to play it again and be able to play with some peeps online maybe - must be especially harder finding people online on Switch for it now though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 21:43

I've downloaded it with the intention to play, with every game trial so far I've either not bothered or gave up after 20 minutes, Disgaea and Rune Factory were far too slow starting for a game trial.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 19:40

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I turned on my Switch this morning to see that there's a week-long free Game Trial for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Get amongst that - it's a brilliant cart racer and it was one of my favourite games of 2019.  Thumbs Up!

Ha, did you hear me laying into it during our last Among Us session? Laughing

I played half an hour of it and packed it in. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 22:19

There's your problem. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is one of those games that you need to invest at least thirty-one minutes into 😐
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 19:06

I reckon I put 32 minutes in to it although at least 10 of that was getting through all the licensing agreements and all the like. Anyway boring game that does nothing better than Mario Kart, maybe it was as good as MK64 back in the day but compared to MK8D... Whoa! (the Crash version of the word, not a good whoa).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 21:07

The retail version of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled has a sticker on the front saying "WARNING: NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE FROM MANCHESTER", that's the issue there.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 22:39

I need to have a word with Game in Manchester then because they must have removed that sticker, can't blame them I guess.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2021 - 11:28

Mair NES and SNES next week:

I've only played Prehistorik Man out of these. It's an okayish playthrough for someone like me, who's really into 16-bit 2D platfomers and have exhausted most everything else. Next to Super Mario World, Kirby's Fun Pak and Donkey Kong Country though...yeah, I can see why folk wouldn't be arsed. On another note, it's Interplay who have the license for all of Titus Interactive's games, so you can probably expect Earthworm Jim, Clayfighter, Battle Chess and others in future updates. 

The others I'm less sure about, but I'm content enough - they're new games for me to try at least.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2021 - 17:56

I've never heard off Psycho Dream, but that does look the most interesting part from Japan getting Shin Megami Tensi II which means soon part from 4 all the SMT games will be on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2021 - 22:30

Prehistoric Man looks like something I'd enjoy, Fire N I've should be alright too as I quite liked the original Soloman's Key and this looks a bit more forgiving. Must say I'm a fan of the inclusion of so many oddities in this service, there's so much new stuff for people to play instead of the same old.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2021 - 21:31

Agreed. I'm still of the opinion that those 'same old' games should've been available from the start, but either way, it's nice to see some completely new things on the service.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2021 - 22:30

...mind you, there's certain games I'd like to have seen prioritised. Granted, I accept that Capcom and Konami have figured out that they can charge money for their Street Fighter, Castlevania, Contra and Mega Man games on the eShop. Also, licensing deals probably rule out the likes of DuckTales and Turtles in Time. And somehow I don't think we're ever getting some long-lost director's cut of Chrono Trigger, where Frog reveals himself to be born as Grandad from Only Fools And Horses.

Still, any chance we can have Axelay, or U.N. Squadron, or Harvest Moon, or Plok, or Zombies Ate My Neighbours, or Actraiser, or *lists a million other games that aren't Doomsday Warrior*
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Feb 2021 - 20:50

Doomsday Warrior does look like a homebrew project by a 12-year-old, and all of your suggestions are much better. Can someone please ask whoever owns Lemmings now (is it still Sony)? I'd be interested to try Prehistorik Man - that was made at that weird period in history where games were being released for the SNES and the Amstrad CPC. But is it better than Joe and Mac 2? Which is the better inaccurate caveman-based platformer?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021 - 12:46

I'd guess it's still Sony? I don't remember any Lemmings games after the PSP. It was such a big deal when I was growing up too, it's timeless stuff that I'd welcome everywhere and on anything.

Also, I'm afraid to say that Joe & Mac 2 is the better inaccurate caveman-based platformer. Try it for yourself by all means, but there's something about the way Prehistorik Man moves that I don't really like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021 - 14:39

You see there's a new called Jet Cavemen or something where they have Jetpacks.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021 - 18:41

Doomsday Warrior looks like utter shite, but the rest of those look neat. I do partly agree with Smurf in that it's great to see titles that don't really get a spotlight shone on them turning up on NES and SNES Online, but I do also agree with the sentiment that a couple of you have raised in that there's still some higher profile titles that I'd like to see before we start exploring the lesser known titles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021 - 0:52

I don't think dumping everything popular all at once would have served anyone. People always think that's what they want, but just look at all the hours we spend scrolling Netflix and not watching anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 12:44

I thought the way it was done when SNES Online was launched was really good. You had your stone-cold classics like Super Mario Kart and Super Metroid, lesser-seen titles like Stunt Race FX and Super Tennis and a couple of unfamiliar third-party games that most people wouldn't have recognised, like Super EDF and Brawl Brothers. I'd like to see them get that balance back - lets have classics, lesser-seen stuff and unknown stuff. I think they're doing a good job with the latter two suggestions, but there's undoubtedly many classics that are left unearthed for SNES Online.

On another note, it was at the last full Direct in September 2019 that SNES Online was announced. Everything crossed for a new system tonight!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 14:11

Yeah time for the Virtual Boy to shine and we can all play the best Wario game.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 17:50

Wasn't even on Virtual Boy though.

I would absolutely lose my shit if we got N64 games, like an influencer reaction, think Game Boy is more likely though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 8 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next