We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2019 - 20:18

Well they said it wouldn't be monthly but an update like this every few is more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 13:06

Four more games are getting added next week:

Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack/Puzzle League, whatever you're calling it) is an addition I'm really happy with, as I've not played it in it's original form. Wild Guns is a proper SNES belter, truly excellent. I've never heard of Operation Logic Bomb before - I'm much more interested in giving that a try than I am in totally ignoring Earthbound or playing the first few levels of Donkey Kong Country for the umpteenth time. Rygar is apparently a really good conversation of the arcade game, so that's nice. 

I'd have thought Nintendo might have sped up the rate of these Switch Online releases during worldwide lockdown, but hey ho.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 15:57

Aye, I know what you mean about the speed. I fear that their pool is a bit more limited, now Rare, Disney, Mega Man, Contra and Castlevania all have their own NES collections elsewhere! DK Jr. Math time...
But I'm properly stoked to try all of these!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 16:10

Shame Super Mario RPG not on the service as Scullion has made it this month's Game Club game and means got to plug my WiiU or SNES Classic in, where I'd actually quite like it on the Switch Lite.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 17:27

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Four more games are getting added next week:

Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack/Puzzle League, whatever you're calling it) is an addition I'm really happy with, as I've not played it in it's original form. Wild Guns is a proper SNES belter, truly excellent. I've never heard of Operation Logic Bomb before - I'm much more interested in giving that a try than I am in totally ignoring Earthbound or playing the first few levels of Donkey Kong Country for the umpteenth time. Rygar is apparently a really good conversation of the arcade game, so that's nice. 

I'd have thought Nintendo might have sped up the rate of these Switch Online releases during worldwide lockdown, but hey ho.

Ooh, I loved Pokemon Puzzle League on the GBC, and Lip's Theme from Smash Bros, so I think I am finally ready for the actual game itself.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 18:44

Wild Guns looks ace! Well up for giving that a go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 18:55

A decidedly positive collection that I have no interest in right there.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 21:44

Shite post, Balladeer.

EDIT: Should say more than that. That's like if I came into your Digimon or Xenoblade thread and said 'youse all like this, I don't'. Bollocks to that.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 21:55

BALLA'S A JOBBY
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 22:14

As someone who has spent most of his posts agreeing with the post above, as I don't quite have the ability to entirely form my own opinions, I should probably jump in and defend Balla there - I'm probably more deserving of a shoe-ing.

Although Digimon is actually for bellends
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 10:05

I've been telling you for years, Balla's a massive pedo.

Jimbob wrote:
Although Digimon is actually for bellends

Enemy for LIFE

I've been hankering for some puzzle league, but without the Pokemon around the edges will I give a toss?
The others are definitely the kind of thing I'll be glad to have a bash at, but not the sort of thing I would have been happy paying money for. So exactly what I was hoping for!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 11:03

Whoa whoa whoa, I think I miscommunicated there.  It genuinely looks like a good collection of games - weird without being stupidly obscure, and the ones I've heard of are meant to be of decent quality.  I personally have no interest in them, but I think that's a good offering.

That's like if I came into your Digimon or Xenoblade thread and said 'youse all like this, I don't'.

Can genuinely see you doing this though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 11:39

What did I tell you? Pedo.

Balladeer wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa, I think I miscommunicated there.  It genuinely looks like a good collection of games

Gotta read between the lines.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 12:27

I was many, many beers and whiskies deep when I made that post, and I've communicated in a blunt way that I'm sorry for if it's upset anybody. Let's call it a night out gone wrong and all agree that Wild Guns is the best game in history.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 16 May 2020 - 14:25

Buskalilly wrote:

Balladeer wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa, I think I miscommunicated there.  It genuinely looks like a good collection of games

Can't be he didn't play Three Houses with the other diddlers
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 17 May 2020 - 14:09

I really haven't given these apps enough time but additions like this that will make me want to, as great as Nintendo's back catalogue is I don't need to play the same games every generation and new experiences are always welcome. Wouldn't be against the high score challenges again as well, that's where I put the most time in to the NES games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 May 2020 - 19:30

I was many, many beers and whiskies deep when I made that post, and I've communicated in a blunt way that I'm sorry for if it's upset anybody. Let's call it a night out gone wrong and all agree that Wild Guns is the best game in history. Thumbs Up!

Despite being an easily offended snowflake I absolutely wasn't by that post, but I appreciate the message anyway boss. Thumbs Up! Enjoy your Wild Guns (can't believe Drunka hasn't made a joke along those lines yet).

Buskalilly wrote:

Balladeer wrote:

Laughing Not sure if better or worse than being told I'm a women-strangler.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 May 2020 - 23:24

Just blame it on yer butler. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 May 2020 - 7:54

This is really horrible. Don't read it.:

I've been listening through a podcast about the Q Anonymous conspiracy recently, and my sense of humour about this stuff has become incredibly dark and blase. The world is pretty fucked, yo, which makes it even crazier that internet people need to create imaginary different ways for it to be fucked.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 21:34

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3ELtfmA4Apkju%2Fgiphy
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 12:59

Anyone tried Operation Logic Bomb? It's not great, I'll be honest. It needs a run button for starters, as it's like Contra or Metal Slug if your player was stoned - he's so slow! Also, the "cut-scenes" really threw me off but I guess the limited tech at the time explains that.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 15:34

Anyone given Panel de Pon a go? I've been having a few goes on Tetris 99 and mostly getting my arse handed to me, but gave Panel de Pon a go and well... it's fantastic! Matching two or more panels by switching them is a bit like Bejeweled, but a lot more satisfying. It seems so simple yet games can go on for a long time and it has that perfect blend of stress and comfort. Even if the blocks are near the top of the screen, it always feels like a quick switch is available to free up more space, whereas I find Tetris 99 is just full on stress. I don't think Panel de Pon is necessarily better than Tetris 99 but I am enjoying it more.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 18:32

I have! It's good fun. Though I finished a game and had literally no idea how to get back to the main menu. Was I being an idiot? Genuinely nothing I pressed got me off the 'finished' screen.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 22:37

I've no idea personally as I did the same thing and couldn't get off the screen, I would suggest maybe it is finished as Nintendo loved doing that in the past where you complete a game and have to reset it at the end. I'll add that it's great anyway, it's made me really wanna play Pokémon Puzzle League which I understand is the same thing?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 22:41

I've not given Panel de Pon a go yet, but that's purely because I'm playing through Pokemon Puzzle League on N64 at the moment. You're right, treesmurf, it's basically the same thing. Great game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next