We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 18:49

Oh go on then. For £4 I can belong to The Gnaddams Family. (click, click)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 20:45

And that makes 7. I'll be setting up the family account tomorrow when my trial expires, so I'll chuck you all the details for joining/paying up and whatnot.

One more spot to make it £4 each between 8 rather than £4.50 each between 7 - who's it going to be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 0:28

Double post - I've set up the family account and it seems to be working well!

I need to send an invite email to those that are looking to join. Are you alright for me to use the email you've got registered with the forum or is there another email you'd like? Once we've got that sorted, I'll ping you my account number and sort code and you can fire over the £4.50/£4 to me. Thumbs Up!

Also - I did think it was a bit too Nintendo to have your cloud saves evaporate right away, and it seems as though they did indeed take that into consideration. That's the same timescale as PS+, so hopefully that'll put a stop to most of the moaning.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 10:43

So it was just poor messaging about the cloud saves from Nintendo all this time then, glad I'm never one to make snap judgments when it comes to these things.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 12:34

You could say I was one to jump to snap judgement but like you say Jas, poor messaging from Nintendo and that's one of the big issues I had with Nintendo Online as Nintendo had 18 months to go communicate this but nope left it for a week after the service launched.

But I'm now part of the GNamer family and can't moan for £5 and if I do play some Pokemon battles online and Diablo III (unless free on Plus like some rumours were saying) then I'll certainly get my money's worth out of it.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 26 Sep 2018 - 15:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 15:34

Like I said elsewhere it's a good wee start so let's see how it grows from here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 19:36

Mine will reach you as 'FORUM BUDGET' Jay, just because that's what I had down for you already. Smile

Woo! Better do some online gaming then. And yes, the cloud save thingummy is good news.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 20:36

My forum email is my normal email, get me on there and I will pay you a thousand doubloons.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 21:50

Jay tell your mate to get himself a Mii, sharpish.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 21:57

Both your invites have been sent - and one has been accepted! - so welcome to the online family!

Cheers for the payment already Balla, and I'll PM you with my deets for the £4.50, Rum. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 9:51

'Game Trails' are now a thing, with Nintendo Switch Online subscribers getting the chance to download a full game for free and play it all they want for a week. Japan just had Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, and we're getting Mario Tennis Aces on the 7th:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/08/new_nintendo_switch_game_trials_programme_will_let_you_play_mario_tennis_aces_for_free

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 10:02

It's a nice thing to be copied from the other systems online services

I've managed to download Captain Toad from the Japanese store, I think much like being able to access Famicom, it might be possible to play.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 21:48

A nice idea, especially with stuff like Mario Tennis as it's probably quite easy to get addicted to that and want more after the trial ends. Not sure Captain Toad is the best choice though, I guess it could make people buy the DLC but if not you'd easily blast through the game in a week, I know I did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 22:06

That's my plan if it's playable to finish within the week, which I think it will.

Done the same with Madden NFL 20 via EA Access with 10hrs, done the story mode and won the super bowl.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 22:20

Playing games quick is the only way to clear a backlog these days, that's why I never finish them, all my favourite games are too grindy or explory.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 23:03

A good idea this but I'd be very surprised if Nintendo put newly released games into this trial programme.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 0:11

I could see myself taking advantage of that feature for some games - stuff like the New Super Mario Bros. game which came out earlier this year would be ideal for that and really adds value into Switch Online.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 11:38

It is nice, but I think Jas' prediction is correct - Nintendo tend to rely on super early purchases, so it'll be games that have been around a while.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 12:36

Don't think the other two do super new games either, like on PS4 at the moment it's Street Fighter V Arcade Edition because of EVO but when did that come out?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 9:41

Seconding (thirding fourthing etc.) everybody else in that it's a nice idea and I'm glad we're seeing it. Almost a good enough reason to blast through Captain Toad again, but not quite. It's still too soon since my previous playthrough for me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 23:44

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EDp06l8UcAAYaUd?format=jpg&name=small

Out tomorrow for NSO subscribers. What a fucking line-up that is by the way. Stop what you're playing and get Super Tennis on.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 23:45

SNES GAMES ON NINTENDO ONLINE.

Please don't kick me out of the Ninty Online family, Jay. I know I'm like a long-lost relative who disappears for months at a time and reappears in the middle of the night, but I love you all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 23:47

Very good bunch of games and unlike the NES ones, I can see me playing these.

Well I would but the tagline is rather accurate.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 0:17

First one I'm going to get proper tore into is Demon's Crest as I've been meaning to play that for years, brilliant line up though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 7:21

That's a big improvement! It's not revolutionary, the overwhelming majority of these will still have already appeared on prior VCs, but it's a big improvement. Like Mas, I might actually play some of these. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 2 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next