We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 7:30

Got me another run of Super Mario World coming up it seems, and I like it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 23:41

Rum Rapture wrote:

Please don't kick me out of the Ninty Online family, Jay. I know I'm like a long-lost relative who disappears for months at a time and reappears in the middle of the night, but I love you all.

Laughing

I'll be making a wee group DM or something about that actually soon as renewal time is pending so I'll be sending Wario round to collect his coins - £4 each, I believe.

From the forum, that's...

Me

Mas

Balla

Jas

Andy

Rum

£4 is definitely worth it for NES and SNES online, I'd say. Cracking starting line-up, there! Thumbs Up!

Did they say if they'd still be adding to NES Online or is it just SNES getting supported from here on out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 1:15

Since it's gone live I had a quick go on Super Metroid, which I've enjoyed in the past, and had my first try (I think) on Star Fox. Really cool-looking game. I guess it's choppy and - at least in the first couple of levels - doesn't feel too involved, but the fact that anything like this was even on the SNES is cool. The aesthetic is still really nice. It's a shame they haven't used that corneria theme again for later Star Fox games.

Also using this as a good chance to play through Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Kart, the latter which I never got around to completing on Wii VC.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 1:54

Dead excited to play Star Fox- the only one in the series I haven't played is the original (and 2, I guess). And I haven't played any SF since coming to Japan, despite really wanting to every time I visit Fushimi Inari.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 19:50

I'm pretty sure the Corneria main theme is the best thing that came out of the SNES.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Sep 2019 - 22:37

Enjoying the SNES Online app very much - I've already beat Joe & Mac 2 and Super Puyo Puyo 2, and I'm working through Stunt Race FX, Super EDF and F-ZERO. Good stuff...but with the news that Nintendo won't be releasing these games monthly anymore, it's hard for me to think of too many places for the SNES Online service to go, other than to go quiet. 

Thinking about what came out on the Virtual Consoles, you'd think that there won't be any of the Contra, Castlevania, Gradius, Mana, Street Fighter or Mega Man games out for this - the publishers have already found ways to monetise these old games in 2019, through collections that are already on the eShop. You'd wonder if Nintendo would bother with the licensing of some of the SNES's most popular third-party stuff too. Fair enough, Brawl Brothers likely cost them about 70, maybe 80 pence, but Turtles in Time, Super Star Wars and Disney's Magic Quest wouldn't be at all cheap. 

There's some good stuff that'll likely appear in the coming months, but perhaps not much of it. I'm struggling to think of what they'll do after the typical first-party stuff comes around. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Sep 2019 - 22:45

I'm surprised the Star Wars games aren't on the eShop already as they've been on PSN for a few years now, that I don't get why Disney haven't brought them over.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2019 - 15:25

N64 quickly would be nice. You'd run into the 'no Rare' problem of course.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2019 - 21:18

If anybody's ever wanting a few games of any of the NES and SNES games online, give us a shout - I'd love to play the likes of Super Mario Kart, Super Tennis and Joe & Mac 2 with youse.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 14:03

I'd love if they put translated versions of the NES/SNES Fire Emblems up but they probably wouldn't bother. The SNES lineup is already pretty strong so there's not much more I'd want from it. Could see Star Fox 2 coming out for it at some point.

As for the Star Wars games they're probably just waiting for a good time to release them. Could see a collection like the Aladdin/Lion King one getting released near the time of the new Star Wars film.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 23:40

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

There's some good stuff that'll likely appear in the coming months, but perhaps not much of it. I'm struggling to think of what they'll do after the typical first-party stuff comes around. Any ideas?

It's a tricky one because I don't know how stingy the likes of Capcom, Konami, Square and company are going to be with their back catalogue. I'd love to get stuck into Super Castlevania IV or FFVI, but will they turn up on the service?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Sep 2019 - 21:25

This is... just...
I haven't been on my Switch in about 3 weeks, except to finish reading the Super Mario Maker dojo tutorials - all I can think about is playing SNES games. I do share Cappa's worry about them changing the distribution pattern, but you could argue that nearly all of these games stand the test of time and are still playable today. Treat the "Online" part of the Nintendo Online subscription as the bonus feature.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019 - 20:35

Jimbob wrote:
This is... just...

...pure Jim-bait?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019 - 0:53

I played a bit of Starfox for the first time - I'm assuming the game always chugged a wee bit and it's not just a sloppy emulation job from Nintendo?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019 - 21:06

Apparently so but I can't say that from experience.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019 - 21:56

Starfox always ran at thirty frames per minute.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019 - 23:24

Laughing

Didn't feel far off it at points! It's still playable, but I might avoid throwing out bombs in that asteroid field level in case the game goes in a huff with me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Sep 2019 - 3:39

I played a wee bit of Yoshi's Island earlier and finished the first world, you wouldn't think it was a game from 1995 at all as the controls feel superb and wouldn't be out of place in a modern platformer.

Oh also actually not sure if I ever beat this game before or not so I'm excited to see what's next.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 15:49

The original Starfox is something I would genuinely like a remastered version - I'm down for keeping the pointy visuals, but running on today's computing, so the frame rate is bearable.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Oct 2019 - 19:16

Uh-oh, me again
I've finally started playing a SNES game! It's Breath of Fire. I'm doing a 16-bit JRPG! I've always liked the idea of these, except the combat. So... this might be a problem. But I'm determined to stick with it, with a bunch of big-haired wankers trying to save the world with their WdSwords and CstPlt and Herb.

Actually: has anyone played the original BoF? Can you heal in the middle of a fight? I couldn't find that option, and associated that with its archaic nature; but I don't think that can be right, otherwise I won't be able to beat the first boss until I've ground for about 30 hours.

I am essentially an old man trying a new thing now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Oct 2019 - 20:07

This is a guess but I'm thinking you have to give party members healing items in a equipment menu then in battle under the item section of that member will be all the items they have equipped, then select healing item that turn and bingo healed up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 19:56

How 'charmingly' Dragon Quest. They still do that in DQXI and it's enormously tedious.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019 - 22:20

Odd - I've been playing the first Dragon Quest and whilst it's archaic (to be expected of the grandaddy of JRPGs), the inventory system works as you'd expect an inventory system to work. I buy a healing herb, it's there under the item menu in battle.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019 - 22:26

Balladeer wrote:
How 'charmingly' Dragon Quest.  They still do that in DQXI and it's enormously tedious.

Yep, it's real annoying but could be something BoF is doing as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019 - 19:36

JayMoyles wrote:
Odd - I've been playing the first Dragon Quest and whilst it's archaic (to be expected of the grandaddy of JRPGs), the inventory system works as you'd expect an inventory system to work. I buy a healing herb, it's there under the item menu in battle.

So they went backwards? Confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 3 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next