We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 21:21

GNamer's Music Week 116
The Metroidathon Part IV

Isolated With an Alien Week

You know what would be a really tense, excellent videogame? One inspired by the Alien universe, where you played as an admittedly badass lone female protagonist in hostile, oppressive environments where you are relentlessly hounded by a terrifying alien killing machine. What's that? There is a game like that? What's it called?
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Metroid_fusion
This is actually the first Metroid game I'm covering for Official Nintendo Music Weeks which I'd completed prior to writing about it (I'd played through Zero Mission but never the NES game) and it is a belter. Tense, atmospheric, maybe slightly too talky in places but a perfect distillation of the Metroid gameplay for the GBA.

Arachnus X
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Boss_spider
Just a solid boss theme. Too bad its for a spider. Not keen. There's a big ass black spider living on the staircase up to my flat at the moment. Can't be dealing with that. Fucking Shelob all up in here. Don't wanna kill it cos that's harsh, but getting rid of it humanely would mean dealing with it more than I'm happy to.

Underwater Depths
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 13_03
I don't normally like underwater sections, but I always love their music. Like Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Brothers and surfing in Pokemon, the music here is no exception.

3: Nightmare
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 1500403-nightmare02
Another boss theme, but a really unusual one. Less thumping action, more creepy. Appropriate for a doll-faced robot that's been invested with an oozing alien parasite. Also, a real dick of a boss.

2: Environmental Disquiet
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Metroid_Fusion1
The sort of music the Balls Man would have you believe doesn't work for this sort of thing, any other game would kill to have this sort of tension. Reminds me of a line from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, where Mila Kunis is complimenting Jason Segel on the music he writes for Crime Scene: Scene of the Crime and he says "Its not music. Its just ominous tones."

1: The SA-X
The SA-X approaches
Escape the SA-X
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 SA-X_Closeup
Like it would be anything else. The foreboding tones that tell you it's close, the panic as you try and flee. The game's soundtrack, much like the game, is defined by the SA-X. Oh, and here's the boss theme from when you finally get to take the bitch on. Slightly underwhelming.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 23:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 10:51

Ye really can't beat a bit Metroid, brilliant stuff!

It's funny how Fusion is a game I've finished but I somehow don't remember that Nightmare boss for some reason, if I didn't have enough games to be playing currently then I'd be replaying fusion again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySat 18 Oct 2014 - 19:29

I think Nightmare returned in other m as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 19 Oct 2014 - 16:27

GNamer's Music Week 117
World's Longest Ladder Week

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 MGS_3DS_2D_Final1
I've had a long week of having to get up early and work actual shifts like an adult so I'm afraid it's just a Balls-Man-style single song week.
Snake Eater
But what a song! A real, proper song that adds to that marvellous blockbuster feeling Metal Gear Solid games have. I love this song, could probably sing it from memory. And what a game! I've still yet to play MGS3 on anything other than the 3DS so, to me, it belongs in this thread.
Balladeer
Also, I can't climb a tall ladder in any game now without singing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 19 Oct 2014 - 20:03

Of course, I know this from SSBB, only it's the non-vocal version. Not bad either way.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 10:38

I GIVE MY LIFE, NOT FOR HONOUR, BUT FOR YOUUUUUU

Pure Bondesque brilliance. Really gives it that blockbuster feel.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 12:59

Athrun's Video Game Playlist: Track 06 ~ Last Battle Arrange (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrU4tfzQSZc
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 JbbvMfA1UFpmta

We all know the setting, the before it was done to death one on one against Ganondorf all alone in a final duel to decide the fate of the world.  And we should all hopefully know the theme that accompanies the duel against Ganondorf, or rather, Ganon as he is in that form.  This official arrangement from the arrange soundtrack does a great job taking a theme and giving it not only some better instrumentation but also giving it a much needed extra portion.  The original was frankly rather bland on its own, feeling more like half a theme than a whole one.  No longer.  The main thing I like about the arrangement though is that it doesn't decide to be radically different.  Given the way instrumentation was back in the games era the greatest treat is just hearing the theme with better production values.  

I really need to pick this soundtrack up already.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 13:21

Ooh, great choice! I was thinking of including an OoT track as my week in celebration of ONM but decided to leave it until I do the Zeldas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 17:48

Shame it's MGS3 Cool

Also wouldn't the rules mean it should be here anyway as there's a Nintendo version like THIS.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 17:54; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a better MGS track from a good MGS as well)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 17:52

I'd say so, but I'm probably in a bit of a minority for playing it first on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:39

I defy anyone to not like that snake eater song, great stuff! Maybe I'll get around to finishing that game one day.

Drunka wrote:
I'd say so, but I'm probably in a bit of a minority for playing it first on 3DS.

I hadn't played it properly until the 3ds version as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 23:13

I didn't say anything about Metroid Fusion (not commenting on Athrun's before he leaves some comments about other people's pieces. Razz It's only polite!), but it still sits on my Wii U, waiting to be really unlocked.  However, seeing the name of the SA-X made me really want to check if a certain type of video existed.  And of course it did. (Be warned: spoilers for the game in the latter half of the video!)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 11:08

Balladeer wrote:
not commenting on Athrun's before he leaves some comments about other people's pieces. Razz It's only polite!

Whether it's polite or not I do not make posts unless I not only have an opinion on something but have a strong desire to articulate it.  My default behavior in life because of reasons I'd prefer to keep to myself (suffice to say I'm a very a-social person) is to simply avoid as much social contact as possible, so it typically takes my desire to engage further in my hobbies and interests or express myself to trump my basic instinct and desire to keep to myself.  Which is why I often drop conversations for seemingly no reason, I rarely make posts outside very specific threads, I frequently make long bloated posts when I make them, and I don't often make comments about other peoples music weeks.  

So as far as being polite is concerned you'll have to make do with the knowledge I'm watching and that if I didn't post it means I enjoyed what I heard, and this overly bloated explanation as to why I don't partake in small chit chat.  But rest assured, I am actually following them.  It's nice to step outside what I usually listen to once in a while and have a change.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 22:47

GNamer's Music Week 118
Robot Shooting Week

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 MegaMan2Logo

In honour of a little project I'll hopefully be uploading tonight, this week will be celebrating the fourth greatest game about shooting robots of all time, as declared by the foremost expert on roboshoots in the world~ me!

5: Wily Fortress
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Mmstage3d_thumb
Mega Man 2 is not an easy game, but even so the final stage sees a sharp increase in difficulty. Luckily, it has a banging tune to tell you to believe in yourself.
And here it is with lyrics! These were the early days of Brentalfloss, when his music was fun and he was doing it because he wanted to as opposed to sexist insults to Samus made out of a business interest.

4: Bubble Man
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Gaming-mega-man-2-screenshot-1_1
The easiest boss in the game, after a surprisingly painless water level, has an incredibly funky theme. My only complaint is that I never get to spend much time listening to it.
And here's a nice little guitar cover.

3; Metal Man
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Super-smash-bros-wii-u-mega-man-trailer-screenshot-metal-blade
I always start a playthrough of Megaman 2 with the Metal Man stage; the buzz saw is obviously the best weapon, so I unlock it first. That means I've spent more time in this level than any other. Thankfully, this is by far the best stage music in the game.
For the Metal Man theme, I'll obviously turn to one of the million metalheads covering Megaman music on youtube, right? Wrong. Violin

2: Opening Titles
Title (Part 1)
Title (Part 2)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Mega_man_2_wallpaper_by_mlsterben-d4xl0fn
The most cinematic introduction the NES ever experienced; that pan up the building, that heroically windswept hero, that music... a great start to a great game.
With Lyrics... again. Sorry to double-dip on Brentalfloss, but he did his best work with Megaman. It was where he began and the music just has such singable tunes.

1: Boss Select
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Mega_Man_2_Stage_Select_Update_by_Zexion_teh_WoLf
Let me tell you a little story. I had the megaman 2 soundtrack on my mp3 player, as you do, and I was listening to it on shuffle. I was 17, recently broken up with my first real girlfriend. I thought woe was me. I had some depressing song on, my black hood up, as you do. The song finished, I was all grumpy. Then; bam! The Mega Man stage select theme. Immediately, I felt ace. Its more of a jingle than a song, but it is just perfect for getting you ready to go, and it will forever live on my gym playlist, ready for the shuffle to bust it out just when I need it.
Yeah, I couldn't find a cover of an 8-second song. So instead, here's the only other piece of music I've ever discovered which can have the same effect on me if it comes up on shuffle.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 22:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 23:57

ME-GA-DA-ME-GA-DA-ME-GA-MAN! HE'S UP ON THE EFFIN ROOF!

Good work.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyTue 4 Nov 2014 - 22:16

SEGA's Sound Team did some really nice rearrangements for the Sochi Winter Olympics game last year, but in my opinion here's the nicest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0aIHWhkd40

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 7:44

(sniffles) What? No, no, just something in my eye, I promise.

I first heard Wily's Castle in a Mario and Sonic-themed flash series, of all places. Loved it straight away. Nothing will be able to compare with that for me from Mega Man, although Metal Man is pretty great as well.

Trying to pass off a wrestling tune as Mega Man-related, though? Boo
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 13:51

Balladeer wrote:
Trying to pass off a wrestling tune as Mega Man-related, though? Boo

GNamer's Music Week 119
Balla Basically Asked for This Week

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 NoMercyGameBox

Match Background
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 WWF_No_Mercy_7
Aw, man, listening to this puts me in a mind to do one of two things; plug in an N64 and play this game, or turn the N64 off, take of my shirt, and do wrestling moves on my mates until my mum shouts at me. Guess which of those things is more likely; and here's some clues- I don't live with my mum any more and I have access to copious ammounts of gin.

Menu
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Gfs_40676_1_9
Dig diggity . . . dig diggity dog. BREAK IT!

If you SMEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Tumblr_n865d3oXDv1s3uawvo2_r1_500
Nobody gets a pop like the People's Champ, and nobody's entrance music can make a crowd of grown men lose their shit more quickly; even squeezed through the meagre sound capacities of an N64.

Anyway, sorry this one's a bit late. Had a bit of a couple of days (came very close to getting punched a couple of times thanks to my drunken shenanigans, forgot to pay my BT bill, and so on...) and wasn't sure what I wanted to do until the Balls Man gave me an idea. Back to business as usual on Sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 14:10

Duh!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 16:03

Yass! Nice of you to sneak in a modded screenshot there buska Smile  this game really was superb & still holds up today, back when I had a bugged version of the game I dreaded hearing this because it meant that all your save data had been deleted. Sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 16:59

GNamer's Music Week 120
Happy as a Piloswine in Grimer

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 288518-super-mario-galaxy-wii-screenshot-you-got-a-grand-star-s

Cold, torrential rain, the early nights, Christmas still far away, England losing in both forms of rugby: we're all beyond miserable now (although the Scots may derive some cheer from that latter point).  So Balla's back to warm your hearts with some of the happiest tunes in Ninty console gaming.  

Only rule: it can't have had its own link and picture in a previous week.  And that's quite restrictive, actually: it rules out some happiness classics.  You won't hear the likes of Puzzle Plank, Gusty Garden, Windmill Hills, or Outer Rings this week (search 'em on Youtube for even more happiness).  In fact, none of the main pieces are from the Galaxies at all, so that's a thoroughly misleading picture.  (A really happy one though!)  But I've still worked hard to find some cheerful songs that'll warm your stony hearts this autumn.  Have a listen:

5. Wildlands

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 OBS03--screenshot_large

Best game ever?  Well, no.  Not by a long shot.  In fact, some of you may be unhappy just being reminded of it.  But look at all the smiling faces it contains!  Not to mention this brilliant bouncy track, which I'm worried will be forgotten with the game.  It doesn't deserve to be!  It's got me jigging in my seat as I type.

In true Drunka style, I'll be doing remixes this week too.  Here's the SSBB version, and it's possibly even more cheerful.  "Yoshi!"
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Yoshi2-wbm

4. Flock Step

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Fever-15

I could have picked any one of a number of songs from Beat the Beat - just not remix 8.  But I know this is a favourite around these parts, and if a flock of ridiculously proportioned multicoloured birds squawk-stepping to this happiest of marches doesn't cheer you up... well, I've still got three more shots at it!

No remixes of Flock Step on Youtube, but the birds also feature in Remix 5 from the same game, and it's equally bouncy in its music.  

3. Snowy Fields

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Maxresdefault

Whaddyou mean, "It's not Christmas yet"?  Didn't stop me singing "Hark the Herald" as I walked down the street the other day.  Got some odd looks doing that, I can tell you.  Anyway, this is the perfect music to get you in a pre-Christmas Christmas mood, complete with sleigh bells, and even delving into calypso just before the loop.  

This remix thing's hard!  Don't know how Drunka does it.  Anyway, I couldn't find any remixes of this one either, so here's another very cheerful piece of Christmassy music.  Handily, it makes my picture at the beginning of the post almost relevant!

2. Rainbow Road (Double Dash!!)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Maxresdefault

Now, where would a list of happiest Nintendo music be without a Rainbow Road?  Nowhere, that's where.  This one's the happiest of the series, in my humble opinion.  Just something about the main melody.  And what's happier than watching somebody who's not you fall off?  Nothing, that's what.

I couldn't bring myself to post that dreadful/"ironic" Mark Kump song again, so here's a "what if DD!!Road was in SSB4?" remix.  I don't like the madly fluctuating volume, but it's pretty special otherwise.  

1. Deep Keep

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 98c1b185e3426b2a77aebdafa2ccbed76e4a0ef8.png__620x350_q85_crop_upscale

For a music thread man, DKCTF is the gift that just keeps on giving.  I said that Windmill Hills was insanely happy in Week 100, and it is, but this: this is wonderful.  So bright, so sunny, so full of joy - all the things that Britain isn't right now, piped straight into your Wii U.  Truly, videogame music to dance to.  Marvellous stuff.  

And helpfully, the game itself remixes this piece when you go underwater.  

Hopefully those five have helped you see out the day with a bit more of a smile on your face.  If not - well, I tried.  Guess you'll just have to carry on being dismal...

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 9 Nov 2014 - 19:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 17:00

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 AA5_Holdit
GNamer's Music Week 120
PART TWO!
Happy as Larry (Buttz)

Time for a good ol' fashioned team-up between your two favourite music maestros! There are three things that make me happy in this world; blonde princesses in pink dresses, gin and tonics, and Nintendo music. So let me make y'all happy!

Super Mario Bros 2
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Super-mario-bros-2-nes-title-screen
Obviously, any Mario Theme fills me with joy, both nostalgia-wise and by being jolly songs. Super Mario Bros 2 is nobody's favourite Mario game but that music is just the most hummable, fun music in the world. This is what I sing to myself when I'm in a good move.
And just for Jay, here's Smooth McGroove!

Pallet Town
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Map_of_Pallet_Town
A different kind of happiness here, with Pokemon's hometown vibes making me feel warm and comforted. The literal hundreds of hours I spent playing Pokemon Blue as a nipper, I feel more at home in Pallet Town than anywhere else in the world.
Here's a really sweet little piano version.

Maya's theme
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Maya_Bench_Exasperated_2
Maya Fey and Phoenix Wright's relationship is such a sweet little love all the way through the original trilogy of games and the music that accompanies her just adds to that warmth. This is yet another one I just can't get out of my head.
Here's an orchestral version, which captures the sadder side of the song rather than the happiness but is lovely nonetheless.

Moo Moo Meadows (Yes, I know Balla did a Mario Kart one as well)
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 MK8-_Wii_Moo_Moo_Meadows
The best track in the world also happens to have the loveliest music. This just perfectly captures the fun of playing a Mario Kart game while simultaneously making me feel like going really, really fast. Perfection.
Violin cover, 'natch

Wind Waker Theme
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Wind-waker-hd-1
A very natural sounding tune starts up the most understated, lovable Zelda game ever made. Wind Waker's world is one that I just really want to step into, and if I put this music on and close my eyes I can just about manage it. The bright sun, the green grass, the smell on the ocean... it's like being on holiday.
And here's a pretty chill dude playing on lots of instruments.

Next week you'll have to put up with me on my own again, without my glamorous assistant. Balladeer
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 21:59

drunka wrote:
Super Mario Bros 2 is nobody's favourite Mario game but....

*ahem* I always get shocked faces after I say this but it's my favourite 2d Mario game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 22:00

Oh wow, really? I'm not judging, it is a phenomenal game. I just never met anyone who said it was their favourite before.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 22:02

(makes shocked face)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next