We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!

Go down 
+4
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2019 - 17:42

BOABBY OUT FOR SECRET SANTA (mines arrived)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2019 - 17:46

Everybody's doing public announcements, I guess: got mine! Big ol' envelope. You could fit a whole lot of willy sweets in there.

Speaking of, my work SS landed me a screwdriver with an erection (DO YOU GET THE PUN) and a middle finger mug. Fair to say I prefer ours. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 11:07

Opened mine, I would say this is from Drunka as he'd easily pop over to see Kojima-san but I'm thinking Andy or Jay.

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EMnw4wXXYAAou4e?format=jpg&name=small
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 11:15

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EMn36BGXYAIbAIm?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Thanks Santa!  This is very tailored to me, and I've managed to convince The Lady to play a round of Nippon Marathon.

I won't try to guess the Santa... because they put their return postcode on the back of the parcel and I saw it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 13:46

A big Merci to my Santa, I got a Rathian Plush, a Dark Souls poster & some chocolate and sweets!

Good stuff all round!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 21:40

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 Mvimg_10

I got all this, very appreciated Secret Santa! For clarification the NES cart is a T-shirt which will match my Duck Hunt trainers nicely. Definitely gonna give the DVD a watch for a nostalgia trip and chuffed to get a game. Keyring will go on to the collection and Lyla has attempted numerous times to hijack the sweets so she's fond of them.

Apologies for the picture, I must have taken it with my 3DS or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 11:03

Tremendous hauls so far! Can't believe that two forumites didn't want to log in on Christmas Day though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 13:22

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 IMG_20191225_111143882_zpsd709ypfh

I got these from my Secret Santa, as well as a Christmas card. Those OutRun coasters are quite smart, they're all right! The Hogs of War mug has a chip on the inside rim though, so that's unfortunately gubbed. The Guinness World Record book was a bloody weird gift for a thirty-one year old - there's lot of reasons why it's on the bestseller's lists for children's annuals, alongside the yearly Fortnite and Minecraft books.

Thanks all the same, Santa.

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Thu 2 Jan 2020 - 15:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 14:44

Don't know what happened to your picture
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 19:35

It's showing on my desktop, but all the same it was a mug with the design of the figures from the North American boxart:

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 Hogs%20of%20war-playstation

Coasters that featured art like this:

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 DY4NBtvX0AANYTX

And the book is available here: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3034499
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 22:11

Chucked that broken link into a spoiler box there Cappa as it was messing up the formatting of the thread.

I received some chocolates and a little grow your own plant thing, which makes me thing we might see another video game character sign up to the forum and make a thread in the Off-Topic forum in the New Year. I've been informed by my Secret Santa - who outed himself by way of Amazon's gift message system not being anonymous - that there's more on the way, so I'll fire another wee update whenever that arrives.

With me posting now, that's everyone spoken about their gifts so I guess it's time for reveals, no?

I was Secret Santa for...:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 22:43

It's always unfortunate when a gift doesn't quite go to plan, but I don't think there's any doubt that the gift was well meant. Smile

JayMoyles wrote:
I received some chocolates and a little grow your own plant thing, which makes me thing we might see another video game character sign up to the forum and make a thread in the Off-Topic forum in the New Year.

YASS. May this go better than the previous one...

I santaed:

My Santa:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 22:52

I know the Zelda piano sheets say easy on them and your likely beyond that but basically I wanted to get something Celeste based, which I saw the piano sheets for that but was sold out, then when I was looking for someone selling them I stumbled upon the Zelda one.

Switch actually has a lot now in budget, I went for that game though due to the multiplayer and you saying about CO-OP etc that thought it might be fun.

Did go over budget as I had no idea how much a picture frame would be lol
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 22:56

I'll still give 'em a play and see how it fares! The Undertale books The Lady got me are really difficult, so I wouldn't mind something a tad easier.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 0:08

No worries Jay, these things happen. I'll find another use for the mug - I'll take the handle off and do something else with it. It's not like the book is shit, and I appreciate that it was just a little extra, but it even surprised me how young it is.

~

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 8:11

I came into the thread like 3 times to say it had arrived and then forgot 😅

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 10:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
...as you'd expect, I've not exactly got loads of NGamer gifts kicking about the house, so you were almost definitely going to get a NGamer Wii remote sticker set for Xenoblade Chronicles instead of that.

A subtle clue as to who gets Cappa next year... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 12:47

Much appreciated Cappa, thought it might be you given the sheer amount of value in there, very happy with what I got.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 7:39

Full house!

Mas will be glad to hear that The Lady and I gave Nippon Marathon a go last night, and... er... it's certainly a thing. I'm fairly sure Mas didn't think it'd be the second coming of Iwata, but I know it was a gift so I don't want to tear into it too much without his prior permission. Nonetheless it is a thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 10:17

Go for it, like I said I went for it over some visual novel I was looking at due to multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2020 - 17:44

Lads, I'm not too sure about the forum Secret Santa this year. With the current health pandemic, changes in employment circumstances, limited mobility for most and an impending lockdown that could go into December, I'm asking if folk would want to do it?

I can organise it and all that, that's fine, but would anybody want to take part? I'd personally do it, but understand if others aren't keen.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2020 - 21:49

Yeah I'm keen, can just order stuff online for whomever I get

Edit
I will also add my Dads still not well that I'm not sure what's happening this year for me in regards to Christmas that anything like this and maybe for others as well in 2020 would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2020 - 0:16

I suspect everyone would just be ordering Amazon deliveries this year anyway, so if whoever gets me is happy to piss around with amazon.jp I would love to get involved.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2020 - 21:16

I'm up for it, and it'd be great to have Buska back! (I'm happy to do Amazon.jp or whatever) - but I would have one request this year.  

I know that in the past there have been some brusque responses to presents.  I can see why: jokey site => jokey presents, presumably, and if you've spent ages searching for a gift it can be a bit galling to get one you think required two minutes on Amazon to find a pisstake.  That said, I think most people know by now that you're expected to try, and this can lead to people who do try feeling kinda gutted when their gift gets torn apart.  I've been in both places, given short shrift and giving it, so I'm hardly an innocent in this; and when I was gutted, I assumed it was just me being a sensitive petal.  At the end of last year though, somebody told me (and I can't remember if it was about last year or the previous or some other) that they felt the same, and I don't think us two are alone.

What I'm getting at is that if we do it this year, I'd ask that everyone agrees to be polite about their gifts and assume that their giver has thought about what they'd actually like and tried to get it.  No showing 'your complete and utter disgust': if you hate it, just say thanks knowing that your giver tried.  That assumes that your giver will try, of course, but again I do think people would at this point.  (And if they come out and say afterwards 'yeah I spent two minutes on Amazon and got you a pisstake' then they're a Trump supporter.)

Sorry to go 'RULES RULES RULES' right at the start, but I do think it'd benefit more than just me if we did that.  Is that okay with everyone?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2020 - 18:26

I'm in too and also cool with the .JP thing if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!   The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 7th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next