We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyThu 29 Jun 2023 - 17:54

I saw others I wanted as well today, and I want the big Torgal one from FFXVI, but it's £90. Think in total own 13ish plushes including ones like Morgana from Persona 5 Collectors Edition.

Edit
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 20230629_172143

After Cappa mentioned the Codemasters EC cart, been looking for it and I spotted on eBay someone had listed maybe 15+ EC carts all biddings including that Technōs Collection 1 which was already on £70 when the rest still at 99p. I ended up getting these 5 for £60, was a few others I was bidding on but went over the £18 RRP.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2023 - 20:17

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 Img_2075

Game Builder Garage had been on my CEX wishlist for ages, waiting to be bought whenever I’d come across it and it was cheap enough. £12 in my local shop convinced me to get it added to the collection. Also for £12 was Rhythm Festival, a bit of a steal considering that it’s still full price on Amazon, Argos and the likes. Judging from its reviews Clive ‘N’ Wrench is supposed to be a bit Ratchet & ank, but I’m willing to give just about any 3D platformer a go. Following a few patches I think it’s worth a chance at just ten quid. For another tenner Autonauts is my lone Amazon Prime Day pick-up – it’s a resource management game by the folks who made Go! Go! Beckham and Denki Blocks about a hundred years ago. Not pictured is AEW: Fight Forever, which I bought for £41, had decent fun with for a week and then traded it in sharpish for a shade over £30.

Alongside those are NBA Hoopz (the last of the Midway-published NBA games and a distant sequel to the original NBA Jam), Ecco The Dolphin (a long-forgotten 3D reboot of the series from the early 2000s) and Death Jr. (seemingly just to ram home that I truly will buy just about anything).
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptySun 16 Jul 2023 - 9:07

I had forgotten Game Builder Garage exists - which is a shame as it's a good idea, and probably good for the kids to learn stuff. The only problem I have is that on that, and Dreams to a bigger extent, people make amazing stuff that wasn't thought possible by the people that built it, but then its reach is limited to the people that also have the main software. But I hope that you give it a go, and we see some Cappuccino Studios classics soon.

Also Death Jr. what the fuck man
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 10:43

The only game to get it right was Wario Ware DIY, which had a separate Wii Shop / browser version too just to play the games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2023 - 11:53

Since my last post, bought Speak Now by that Eikon Taylor Swift from FFXVI and Ghost Trick Switch physical from Japan. And be other things I would have played, bought and sold since as well and have.

Chrono Trigger coming on DS as I do want to play the game, and this is the easiest way for me and have Pikmin 4 coming this Friday along with Pyra & Mythra amiibo but what brings to post is I got

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 20230710

Got for £90 of eBay which is £35 less than a white one on Amazon and comes with one more cart and case. Yet since found out it would have been either from mainland Europe or one of the stolen ones from the UK due to the boxart, did look after this info and 16 of them on eBay have this boxart in the UK.

Only have messed around with it for a bit last night after work as it needed some charge, once I play some more will post some thoughts and how good Mega Man II is Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2023 - 21:19

Jimbob wrote:

Also Death Jr. what the fuck man

I thought I’d remembered NGamer Magazine giving it a good review. I checked Metacritic after the fact and…naw, they didnae.

masofdas wrote:
Winky Face

Also Mega Man II what the fuck man
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyMon 31 Jul 2023 - 18:31

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 Img_2076

A happy little selection of PS2 games here, 50p each. This was one of those times where I got there just at the right time – once I’d moved away to go to the till this couple plucked what wasn’t already in my hands, diving down to grab at just about everything that I’d left behind. FIFA 14 is my best bargain in ages – it usually sells for over £30 on eBay.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2023 - 5:50

I genuinely don't know whether to believe you or not about FIFA 14.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2023 - 7:46

Yeah it's right, remember my price is right section on GGS, last sports games on console's often keep some value or increase.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2023 - 17:07

Buskalilly wrote:
I genuinely don't know whether to believe you or not about FIFA 14.

It would be a shite episode of Would I Lie To You? either way.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptySun 6 Aug 2023 - 10:08

Just promise me you're doing a Messi flickerbook thing between the Fifa 13/14 covers.

Different subject - I really hate those PS2 platinum designs, with just the original box art shrunk down Sad
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptySun 6 Aug 2023 - 19:16

I actually like the silver cases, but that FIFA 14 one is nasty. Why not just follow the same silver design as the other ones pictured? Yuck. That being said, how on earth did a PS2 game sell half a million copies in 2014? Madness. Bet it's still better than the latest FIFA...
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2023 - 11:34

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 20230810Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 20230811

I had a nice little CEX trip, grabbing some backwards-compatible games for Xbox, as well as my first Series X game. The fact I've had the console for nearly a year shows how far I've leant toward digital and Game Pass. Fortunately, it's an excellent time to buy Xbox physical games, so I will likely build on this backlog.

I also discovered custom art on Etsy after baulking at the prices of WWE's new poster selections, and nabbed this one of my two favourite wrestlers to spice up my home office!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2023 - 12:52

Xbox is well cheap for physical, like that Unbound is £30ish on PS5 in CEX but £15 on the box due to Game Pass.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2023 - 19:21

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 Img_2077

Pikmin 4 was bought on launch and finished in rapid order. Moving on from that and fancying a different gameplay experience from my usual Nintendo and retro fayre I’ve picked up a few PS4 games. I’m surprised to see how dirt-cheap a lot of PS4 games are second-hand, I’ve got to think I’m the only PS4 owner who doesn’t or didn’t have Uncharted 4, God of War and the likes.

Underneath, the Wii games were bought cheaply as trade-in fodder, and those Evercade games were bought because I can’t resist unknown Korean gumpf from 1996. Then there’s Flintstones: Burgertime in Bedrock on the Game Boy Colour. It’s exactly what you imagine it is. Aerofighters Assault on the Nintendo 64 is creeping up in price (it’s now £32 at CEX, somehow) so I made sure to get a copy off an Amazon seller for just under half of that. Was it worth waiting twenty-five years for? No.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2023 - 19:54

Concrete Genie is a pretty good game. Outside of Nintendo, games don't often keep prices and for PS4 think it has to be flooded with God of War and where the whole one in done in a negative light, is used.

Why I often soon as I finish a game it gets sold right away, especially like Immortals of Aveum that I got coming on Xbox, that drop super quickly in price as everything does on Xbox so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2023 - 19:35

Maybe I'm thinking of it with rose tinted specs (plus I've always enjoyed LittleBig Planet) but Sackboy is a really good attempt at a 3D platformer, its of course not on the same level as Mario but I'd happily put it on the level below, alongside the likes of Banjo-Kazooie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 13:19

I finished Concrete Genie a couple of weeks ago, “a pretty good game” is a fair assessment of it but it’s got so much unfulfilled potential. I made a start on Sackboy straight after but I’m not so sure, I played it the once but didn’t feel compelled to go back to it. I guess it just starts off slowly? I’m sure I’ll start it up again at some point though.

~

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 Img_2078

I’ve thought that my Dreamcast was irreparably broken for a few years now but I found an easy-to-follow video on YouTube that helped me take it apart and fix it. It’s running grand now so I picked up a couple of games I’d been interested in trying. Blue Stinger looks fascinating, 4 Wheel Thunder was less than three quid delivered and then there’s Jimmy White’s Cueball. It was just over a tenner, brand new and dispatched and sold by Amazon themselves. Sealed copies of Jimmy White’s Cueball in the year of our Lord 2023, what a time to be alive.

Shaq-Fu and Ape Academy had been on CEX wishlist for a while so I bought them cheaply when I saw them. Mario Kart Wii is always a good charity shop buy – it doesn’t have the same trade-in value at CEX as it used to but I’m still happy to get £9 credit on a game I paid £1 for.

It was disappointing to walk into the nearby Cash Generator on my lunch break to see a guy at the counter paying for a big stack of PSone games. There must have been about fifteen of them, I was told afterward by the sales assistant they were all a quid each. He left behind just one and, aye, South Park Rally isn’t the first one I’d have wanted. It’s badly scratched, but at least it’s CIB. Disaster Day of Crisis is to replace my other manual-less copy and Backyard Wrestling could be a laugh – I paid a quid each for the two of those. Backyard Wrestling game with a disc for Unreal Championship as well, a strange combination right enough.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyFri 1 Sep 2023 - 20:52

Jimmy White's 2! I had that on the Dreamcast, back when my uncle could get any Dreamcast game on a CD-R for £2. The good ol' days of piracy, although it helped finish SEGA off. Has there been a better snooker since? Maybe the World Championship one in 2004, I remember that being a good one. Interested to hear your thoughts. Not too familiar with the other games, outside of Mario Kart Wii.

I picked up a few digital games on Xbox. SEGA Bass Fishing which I had an hour with, and while I understand it's probably better with a fishing rod peripheral, it's still a fun, if brief, battle against fish that was surprisingly exciting. Need to work out where the nuance lies in the different levels and baits. Also grabbed Sonic Adventure and the Devil May Cry HD Collection.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2023 - 10:12

I think the trouble is Jimmy White peaked with Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker in 1991.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023 - 19:10

Being honest, I bought Jimmy White’s 2 when I was halfcut, amused that I could still buy a new Dreamcast game in 2023. I’m not sure if I’ll return it, play it or simply leave it sealed. I’ve got experience with the first one on the Mega Drive though. In another thread we were talking about Turok: Rage Wars’ wide availability in the last days on the N64 – Jimmy White’s Whirlwind Snooker was the Mega Drive equivalent.

This week’s pick-ups:

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 Img_2079

For weeks I’ve been buying all sorts of games inexpensively with the goal of trading them up into CEX – in other words, to get more trade-in credit than I’d paid for these games in the first place. My local CEX is right ar…sey about disc conditions so they didn’t accept Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort and my other more profitable games. I just about scraped enough credit to get Mario Kart Live though, and that was the main game I wanted. It was £45 off the shelf but in reality probably closer to £20 in ‘real’ money I’d spent. I’ve had a quick play about with it and it’s quite impressive, although I’d underestimated how much room you need to set up a track with four checkpoints.

I read that Samba de Amigo Party Central didn’t even get into the UK Switch Top 20 in its launch week, so expect me to be posting about that in the Bargains thread very soon. It’s almost a shame as it’s really good fun and deserves a better fate. Tomb Raider was £3.99 and in nice condition, Colin McRae Rally 2 is another game I want to play with my Namco NeGcon, and lastly is Issue 250 of Retro Gamer. I’ll let you know if I win £5,000 in cash prizes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023 - 19:27

Colin McRae 2.0 was top quality.

I do hope to see Samba in the bargain thread then.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023 - 2:11

I only heard about Samba through one of Andy's quizzes, it seems to have been dumped on shelves to die.

Mario Kart is sneaking closer to dangerous prices. . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023 - 9:44

I could see the Quest version of Samba doing well
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 20:56

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 20230910

I was lucky enough to win a copy of NBA 2K24 last week so I did what any grateful prize winner would do and punted it right to CeX whilst it was still hot property. Alongside a couple of other decently priced games I knew I wouldn't play I managed to get enough for Pikmin 4, Fire Emblem Engage, Across the Spiderverse and The Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2. I also did a My Nintendo points redemption for a lovely Pikmin tea towel, some Animal Crossing coasters and the Mario Hanafuda postcards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next