We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Go down 
+9
Balladeer
Muss
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Rum
The_Jaster
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Sep 2020 - 14:47

I don't pursue the Bu but am a fan of the genre just like to have my Nintendo coat of paint on it (maybe others as well)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Sep 2020 - 20:20

This is sadly not for me. Even though you get to play as all the cool guys.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 18:37

Muss wrote:
A good Warriors game isn't mindless though Naughty . Can't speak for the latest open world one, which by all accounts seems to have been pretty shitty, but I have played through a lot of DW:8 and many of the missions have multiple paths you can take with bad, good or best ultimate outcomes, which in turn affect the path the overall story takes. Getting the best outcome significantly takes away from the, you just mindlessly kill dudes, mentality into a something more like a high agency single-player moba hybrid, like what Drunka wrote about ages ago. There's an order of operations and some strategy that goes into where you unload your irresistible force.

It's a hybrid of mindless dude-killing and RTS/moba stuff? Not sure I want this game any more... No

I guess it's easier to see the mindless dude-killing in the promo material and them. Was that bit present in Hyrule Warriors (at the lower difficulty levels)? I didn't get far enough to form a judgement either way.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 19:01

I don't think it gets that in-depth to feel like a proper RTS/MOBA, just that there are elements of it in the later stages.

It's more about bounding about the battlefield and saving everyone's useless ass as you're the only one capable of fighting off the enemy forces. There's only mild RTS bits. I remember Fire Emblem Warriors made this a bit easier as you could direct the other heroes to different bits of the maps, so if shit was kicking off across multiple bases you could go defend one whilst the AI mooks could do their best at defending the other. In reality, they just stemmed the bleeding until you came along to wipe the floor with the enemy, but it made things a little easier.

I think the MOBA reference Muss mentioned is that as you capture bases along the way, your friendly soldiers can progress a bit further to clash against the other soldiers, but they're mostly set dressing for your whirlwind of fury across the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 1:17

Balla, I think you should just not read about games until you play them. You're so good at convincing yourself you won't like stuff!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 17:43

I'm taking the mick, don't worry. Whether I get this game or not is entirely based around how likely I am to get The Lady on board. If so then I can probably cope with a little bit of strategy. In fact that might enhance it: 'Defend the base. Defend the base! I MEANT THE OTHER BASE'
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:52

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 All_your_base_frame_0009
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 20:45

I've just got round to playing Age of Calamity's demo, and I'm impressed enough to have pre-ordered it with ShopTo. It's out this week - is anybody picking it up?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 21:19

I am but don't know when I'll play it being same time as PS5
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 22:22

I liked the demo so I'll probably pick it up within the next month or so.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 8:26

I will also be receiving. Got Tomororw & Friday off for the PS5 that I'm not able to get unless I get lucky on launch day, so I think this will be a solid way to spend the weekend if I can't!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 18:27

I'll not be, sadly.  From what I've read the game becomes practically unplayable in split-screen, with the frame rate going into slideshow mode; and that's what I was really interested in, sadly. Aww! Enjoy, you blokes. Keen to read your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2020 - 16:08

I am BANG up for this. Unfortunately, it's a Tecmo Koei game so I can't just pick it up here in Japan and pop it in my Switch and play it English. So I transferred some money to my UK account and hopped on the eshop to download it, but I had to do some text message confirmation thing for a phone that hasn't worked for three years. So I rang Natwest and started some long-winded process to sort my account out which involved sending a selfie and my passport and uuuurrrrgggghhhhh.

Hopefully I'll be playing it soon . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2020 - 16:20

Balladeer wrote:
I'll not be, sadly.  From what I've read the game becomes practically unplayable in split-screen, with the frame rate going into slideshow mode; and that's what I was really interested in, sadly. Aww! Enjoy, you blokes.  Keen to read your thoughts.

It's a tad all over the place on my Lite
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Nov 2020 - 11:19

I felt the first level had frame rate issues for me but it's been fine ever since. I'm really starting to like this now, it's all as I expected, attack attack attack then move on to the next wave but it's so satisfying, the added the rune abilities offer a bit more strategy too.

Does anyone have a favourite character yet? I've still got plenty of characters to unlock but I'm finding Mipha to be one heck of a badass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Nov 2020 - 14:27

I sorted my bank and it's downloading as I type this.

Last time I had issues with Natwest the assistant acted like it was absolutely impossible to edit any of my details or to unlock my card unless I was in the UK. The lady I had this time sorted me out really quickly and easily.

I wonder if that's because I just had someone better at their job this time or if its because they've added a lot of better functionality for solving problems without meeting in person this year.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Nov 2020 - 14:45

Rather fond of Revali myself. Lots of big explosions and big damage, bosh.

I find Mipha lacking a real consistent finisher myself. The bubble move rarely kills and I end up with a pathetic spout out of the ground most of the time. I do like here ZR, but not enough to make up for her finishing power.

Hit a bit of a wall yesterday with most of my characters being underlevelled compared to Link, had to give in and spend some rupees on levels. Cost wasn't as bad as expected, so well worth doing if you find yourself unable to do some side quests.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020 - 1:20

I've only had time to play the opening level but I am really into this.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020 - 19:35

I'm onto Chapter 3 with seven hours of gameplay, and so far I'm really impressed, I'm enjoying it a lot too. My favourite character is the one you unlock for Freeing Korok Forest.

That's good advice from andyman - there's not much point in grinding as there's no penalty for using the military training grounds. 

Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 20:51

Treesmurf wrote:
...I'm finding Mipha to be one heck of a badass.

Words I never thought I'd read.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 22:22

My Schnookums is getting me this for Christmas, it's great to see so many of you having a blast with it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Nov 2020 - 22:47

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Rather fond of Revali myself. Lots of big explosions and big damage, bosh.

I find Mipha lacking a real consistent finisher myself. The bubble move rarely kills and I end up with a pathetic spout out of the ground most of the time. I do like here ZR, but not enough to make up for her finishing power.

Hit a bit of a wall yesterday with most of my characters being underlevelled compared to Link, had to give in and spend some rupees on levels. Cost wasn't as bad as expected, so well worth doing if you find yourself unable to do some side quests.

Really liking him too now after spending more time with him, his flying feels very op at the minute though. I think the ZR power is my favourite part of using Mipha cos it makes it much easier to move between targets quickly.

Balladeer wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
...I'm finding Mipha to be one heck of a badass.

Words I never thought I'd read.

Me neither, I think because she was a bit of a damp squib in BotW it seems more surprising to see her defeating hordes of enemies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Dec 2020 - 14:32

I finished this yesterday after 35 hoursish. Still not entirely sure there's MUCH in the way of a post game here, which is a bit of a shame compared to how brillaint the original game was with that, but I'm going to push on and unlock (what I assume is) the final character.

Overall though that doesn't matter too much as the main game was a delight.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Dec 2020 - 18:35

Picked this up today! Any major non spoilery tips lads?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Dec 2020 - 14:19

When it plonks you on that map screen, use your analogue stick to drift around and find side missions to tick off, it'll keep your units strong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next