We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Go down 
+9
Balladeer
Muss
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Rum
The_Jaster
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptySun 6 Dec 2020 - 16:34

Niiice thanks for that buska!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 20:12

Much like the Mussleman, I'm hoping this will be a Christmas game, so no thoughts as of yet from me! I should really get around to checking out the demo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 18:24

I OWN THIS NOW. I carried over my demo save data and just did the levels with Daruk, and unlocked some other bits. I think I will need to read up about some of the controls because the mechanics aren't super fresh in my mind but I'm having fun with it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 20:35

I got this for Christmas as well but not got around to firing it up yet with Siege & Hades taking up most of my gaming time recently.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 21:56

(ticks off squares on Jaster bingo card) Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2020 - 15:59

Don't worry I'll talk about Monster Hunter soon as well. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2020 - 16:38

Someone get Jas, Demons Souls
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2020 - 7:57

This is a good game you Christmas people better not sleep on it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2020 - 9:40

I am but only because the framerate is awful on the Lite, shouldn't be any different if playing on a TV.

Just with a smaller screen think makes it worse than it might be
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2020 - 10:28

Same but in split-screen. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 13:26

I just finished this today. It's bloody good though . . .

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 16:25

Mmm, a lot of reviews hinted towards that, unfortunately... (I clicked the spoiler because I'm a bad boy.)

I'm on either chapter 4 or 5 at the moment? I've lost track. I'm actually really enjoying playing as most of them but Revali and Mipha are probably my top two at the moment. I think it's probably because I find it easier to pull off a huge move with them - but it is still really satisfying with characters like Urbosa and Impa.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 16:50

I played this for the first time yesterday for a couple of hours.

You can tell right from the get go that this is several cuts above Fire Emblem Warriors. There's a sense of care here and each of the characters are fun to play as. I've had those frame rate dips but nothing that makes it unplayable.

I particularly like the different things each character brings to the table. Not so hot on Zelda's voice acting, which is worse than I remember it being from BOTW
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptySat 2 Jan 2021 - 1:06

Rum wrote:
Mmm, a lot of reviews hinted towards that, unfortunately... (I clicked the spoiler because I'm a bad boy.)
Actual legit spoilers:
Okay, enough negativity!
Quote :
I'm actually really enjoying playing as most of them but Revali and Mipha are probably my top two at the moment. I think it's probably because I find it easier to pull off a huge move with them - but it is still really satisfying with characters like Urbosa and Impa.
I was all about Impa and Urbosa, with of course some Link and Zelda. I kept engaged with them because I knew the game would make me play as them, and it just felt appropriate.

Muss wrote:
You can tell right from the get go that this is several cuts above Fire Emblem Warriors. There's a sense of care here and each of the characters are fun to play as. I've had those frame rate dips but nothing that makes it unplayable.
I've been playing this while simultaneously playing co-op of the first Hyrule Warriors with my pal Rob and the gulf in quality is enormous. From the story, the mechanics, the visuals, this game is so solid. The first game felt like a Warriors game doing a Zelda homage- it reminds me of the Zelda Mario kart 8 level more than anything. This one really feels like it's a Zelda game first and foremost. The combat is that tasty BotW combat, the characters all fit into the world naturally, the enemies make sense and also have solid weight in the world rather than popping in around the player character like meaningless ghosts. You can tell Nintendo got way more involved with this one.

Quote :
Not so hot on Zelda's voice acting, which is worse than I remember it being from BOTW

She's never bothered me as much as she seems to bother some people, but I think she has a bit of the Ewan McGregor in Episdoe 1 problem where she's trying so hard to do the accent that she can't say long lines.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 18:49

Fired this up last night and played a wee chunk of chapter 2 after carrying over my demo progress, and had a great time with it. Going to crack on with this and other games and actually try to finish something before I lose my life to MH Rise in two months.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 22:41

I'm on Chapter 6 now - not loads left to go I don't think, but it's been good fun. Today I unlocked a couple of characters you don't unlock through the main campaign -

Spoiler:

- but I haven't had the chance to play as them yet. I've gotten super into playing as Impa because once you get your head round her clones, she is a complete steamroller.

Tried the MH Rise demo veeery briefly but I want to finish this and The Origami King before considering investing the time into MH - since I'm a total newbie I need to commit and I'm not sure I have the drive at the moment!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 10:56

For reference it took me 60 hours to hit 99.4% completion (the final quest requires you to find EVERY korok so forget that)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 13:17

Oh yeah, I am absolutely not trying for 100% completion, by 'not loads left to go' I just meant I knew there were 7 chapters Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 2:52

Expansion incoming!

It seems to me like it will be similar to the BotW expansions; wave one gives us some tough fights and that but nothing major, wave 2 is slightly more substantial story content. I'll probably wait to see more before I drop any cashola.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 7:52

I really enjoyed it, but I don't need more this time. The Adventure mode was the draw of the original, this content doesn't sound the same.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 10:52

If ever a game didn't need DLC then this is it, I'll echo what Andy said, good game but I've had enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 12:23

Same here. The one Switch game where I didn’t think I needed more content was with Age of Calamity. I still don’t. Who needs more Age of Calamity anyway? There’s about a million quests, all of which do the same things. Another million, anybody? Nah, it’s an odd one for me - I can’t see me ever downloading this Expansion Pass.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 14:57

I still need to get back to it but with Persona 5 Strikers next week then Samurai Warriors 5 later in the year those will give me my Musou fix along with maybe being better games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 15:25

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Same here. The one Switch game where I didn’t think I needed more content was with Age of Calamity. I still don’t. Who needs more Age of Calamity anyway? There’s about a million quests, all of which do the same things. Another million, anybody? Nah, it’s an odd one for me - I can’t see me ever downloading this Expansion Pass.

If it's more of the same I could give it a pass but if there are some wacky monsters to fight and banging characters, I might be tempted. I'd probably set myself a rule that I can't buy it until I rinse what's on the game I already bought.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 16:12

I was hoping for this and I got what I wanted. I near enough 100%ed the game (other than finding all the koroks as mentioned) and am well up for new characters to play with, the variety for the most part in characters was fantastic so I trust them to deliver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity   Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next