We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 11:46

Cappa wrote:

I gave that latest eShop demo a go earlier tonight, completing the tutorials and finishing the 'easy' hunt before making a start on the 'medium' one. On balance, I quite liked what I played of it. Even so soon, I could see why folk get addicted to it. Yet as well as it played and as epic as it looked and felt, I can't see me buying the full game.

That's really good to see that you gave the demo a fair crack & can see the qualities of the game.

Cappa wrote:
I just don't think I could apply myself to it, at least in any way like I think it would demand. The supposed lifespan of these Monster Hunter games terrifies me. I felt a bit overloaded with all the instructions too. I know I could learn to enjoy it, but the thing is that I don't know if I can be arsed to learn it. I just wanted to run about and cut monsters in half, like in Golden Axe.

I think one of the reasons Monster Hunter appeals to people is the freedom you have to play it however you want, it doesn't have to be this big time sink if you don't want it to be - obviously it does have a very steep learning curve and you can sink a tonne of hours into it but for all the players like that there are probably just as many that play for a couple hunts every few days or so.

Also your mention of Golden Axe there has made me think that some sort of arcade mode could actually work in this series
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 11:59

I’m likely to fall into do the single player hunts then pop back in when new monsters arrive, or I see on discord chat we playing some MonHan tonight.

Talking more after the first week or so, as reckon I'll be game for some Multiplayer hunts a lot, but I will eventually go play other things.

I still need to work out a weapon, I was hoping someone would have had the game early for review and doing tips etc was it MonHan World that you reckon was the nearest to Rise? As I still sort fancy Switch Axe but do want to know more.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 12:44

Aye, some weapon tutorials from World/Iceborne will give you a good starting point but you'll have to remember that any go to combos might be different for Rise as certain values are usually tinkered with not to mention we have the wire bug moves as well.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 15:03

Reviews are coming out

Eurogamer wrote:
Monster Hunter Rise review - the Switch's best game since Breath of the Wild

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-23-monster-hunter-rise-review-the-switchs-best-game-since-breath-of-the-wild
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 23:42

I'm not gonna read any until I've had some time with the game but that headline is just ramping up my excitement even further . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Mar 2021 - 1:55

EXCITED
EXCITED
EXCITED
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Mar 2021 - 11:26

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 SimplisticSnivelingCoyote-small
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Mar 2021 - 12:05

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Mar 2021 - 12:06

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 Tenor

Also I'm ready to be disappointed when the digital version doesn't unlock at midnight. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Mar 2021 - 20:02

I thought I'd pre-ordered (two copies of) the game, then yesterday morning found out I hadn't. Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 1f631 Ordered another two quick-sharp, so hopefully they'll still arrive in time for (mumble mumble)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2021 - 14:12

Got my game, steelbook (meh), keyrings and Pro Controller! Ready to play at some point this year when I have time!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2021 - 20:39

Gents, I... I don't think I'm leaving the character creator tonight. Just spent twenty minutes getting my crotchety old hunter going, and now I 'have to' spend the same amount of time on the dog. Shifty
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2021 - 23:31

Balladeer wrote:
Gents, I... I don't think I'm leaving the character creator tonight.  Just spent twenty minutes getting my crotchety old hunter going, and now I 'have to' spend the same amount of time on the dog. Shifty

This inspired me to try it. What a great character creator. Love my hunter and buddies. Really enjoyed what I played so far!

@masofdas, I saw you're on my friend list (I'm kitsuneyo), so do I know you from CVG? (I was yerbluesjohn on there)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 0:26

More likely from Twitter or Discord or something, as I'm masofdas on everything basically.

I've been playing for a few hours, just really getting a armour and weapon set etc before I tackle some more lvl2 fights.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 3:34

That was a great character creator for sure!

I've only had time to squeeze in a few hours so far, what with working and also working out. Did up to the first big monster.

I'll say one thing, though, I think these are the best visuals on Switch. Gorgeous game, particularly in Kamura.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 15:17

I'm surprised and happy with the fast loading times. Capcom working wonders on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 18:15

neil wrote:
@masofdas, I saw you're on my friend list (I'm kitsuneyo), so do I know you from CVG? (I was yerbluesjohn on there)

Aaaaaah, that's how you found us! I may need to re-add you Neil, I assumed that I wouldn't see anyone from CVG ever again. Embarrassed Thread if you fancy it.

I've just been doing the tutorial quests and the first gathering job. I do like just roaming the world, I must say, between the dog and the Wirebugs, although there's been more than the odd moment of frustration with the latter. Got my first Old Message too.

Bloody hell though, it's not so much a learning curve as a learning sheer rockface. So many tutorials, so many text boxes, and such a cluttered HUD. The visuals are nice ('best on Switch' they ain't to me but nice nonetheless) but I hardly get to see any of them! I did spend a good fifteen minutes wailing away on the training dummy, just to get used to the Hunting Horn's moveset, and I can still only really remember the one combo. (Also its Silkbind moves are lousy.)

I am getting into it, slowly. Galloping around the world is a lot of fun, although I'm not so keen on being encouraged to slaughter the wildlife willy-nilly. Why can't I take a Bombadgy home with me?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 19:08

Balla wrote:
I did spend a good fifteen minutes wailing away on the training dummy, just to get used to the Hunting Horn's moveset, and I can still only really remember the one combo. (Also its Silkbind moves are lousy.)

It'll take time before you start finding some the the go to combos you are comfortable with, also I'm surprised you think HH's silk bind attacks are lousy. They might not be the flashiest but they are very very useful.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 19:14

That's probably just because I'm bad with it/them at this point!

Also: I'm guessing I should probably get used to one weapon before I switch it up? Also also, The Lady's trying Dual Blades: can I confirm that those are much more beginner friendly than the sodding Gunlance? (It is much easier to find and peruse the moves list at leisure in the village!)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 19:20

Aye, Dual blades are definitely more beginner friendly than gunlance in terms of combos though she will be dealing with having to manage her stamina more often when entering into demon mode. (by pressing ZR)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 19:23

Cheers Jas. Thus far she's mostly stumbled into Demon Mode by accident. Laughing I'll let y'all know how that goes.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 19:36

Balladeer wrote:

Aaaaaah, that's how you found us!  I may need to re-add you Neil, I assumed that I wouldn't see anyone from CVG ever again. Embarrassed Thread if you fancy it.

You’re still on my list so assume I’m on yours! I still post on there but there’s not much Nintendo chat and I’m basically a Nintendo fanboy nowadays
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 19:56

Isn't CVG long dead? Or forum still up?

From all the videos I've watched on Thursday for Rise before playing it, Dual Blades do seem a good starter weapon.

It was till now the one I used in all my other MonHan games.

Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 20:22

There’s a small off-shoot forum
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Mar 2021 - 4:20

Balladeer wrote:
I'm not so keen on being encouraged to slaughter the wildlife willy-nilly.  Why can't I take a Bombadgy home with me?

I mentioned this elsewhere, but again: other than some specific quests to kill some raptors, I haven't felt encouraged by the game to do that at any point in my 8 hours of play. Are you being "encouraged" by the voices in your head? Is the Lady about to be another victim you throttle for not doing the dishes?

Like, I physically just checked all the quests I have in the villge and the hub, and the only small monster hunts it shows are for dinosaurs, sharks and bugs: reasonable, dangerous things to hunt!

Leave the Tanookis alone!

EDIT: It just occurred to me that you may have been making some low-level trousers or something. Oh well, think how many cute bunnies Shulk put to the Monado for a little XP and a trinket . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next