We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 10:36

The_Jaster wrote:
EofGizmo wrote:
I've preordered the collectors set already 😂 very excited for Rise and Stories 2!

Thumbs Up!  I was there on day one with the digital deluxe pre order as well.  (I'm tempted to get a physical copy too but it'd be better waiting until the usual ultimate edition rolls around)

masofdas wrote:
EofGizmo wrote:
I've preordered the collectors set already 😂 very excited for Rise and Stories 2!

I was close to doing it especially with my £40 ShopTo voucher but still hoping for that special edition console or pro to be announced.

Don't think I'll bother with the demo as doubt it's like Age of Calamity where I can continue on and I know what MonHan is like, unless play demo unlock this cool skin for doggo

Yeh stuff won't carry over & any bonus will be the usual item pack (potions/golden eggs to sell for in game money etc) for each quest completed in the demo.

I was gonna go digital.... then I saw the amiibo 😂
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 10:57

That be the thing if they do a special edition console, it be a digital version of the game but I want that amiibo
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 11:03

I'll get the amiibo separately even if the Magnamalo one looks a bit wonky. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 21:53

Buskalilly wrote:
Just remember, while demos give you a taste of the combat and let you try out the weapons to discover what feels good for you, they don't really reflect the core loop of Monster Hunter; the feeling that your victories were achieved because you came up with a plan, worked on it, and then went into battle with the gear you crafted.

That sort of loop has always worked on me, whereas it's the main gameplay that I've been iffy about in the past. The one time I tried, it seemed slow and ponderous and I got lost. I'm reckoning that it'll feel a lot more hectic with another player.

One thing: time limits on hunts. Are those a series staple that is likely to return?

The_Jaster wrote:
Yeh stuff won't carry over & any bonus will be the usual item pack (potions/golden eggs to sell for in game money etc) for each quest completed in the demo.

Boo
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 2:27

Balladeer wrote:

That sort of loop has always worked on me, whereas it's the main gameplay that I've been iffy about in the past.  The one time I tried, it seemed slow and ponderous and I got lost.  I'm reckoning that it'll feel a lot more hectic with another player.
What weapon did you pick? Usually when someone has that complaint it's because they've jumped in with a big heavy weapon whereas they might have enjoyed a nippier one.
Also,the games have been cutting down the number of tedious gathering quests in the early hours so you can get to the good stuff.
Also also, the improved movement and seamless maps should mean hunts get to the juice a lot faster.
Also also also, yep, playing multiplayer really wakes the game up. I didn't get properly into Monhan until Generations, when the Mash Lads and I were playing from day one together.
Quote :
One thing: time limits on hunts.  Are those a series staple that is likely to return?

Yeah, but we're talking like 50 minutes. They only become a big issue when you start taking on monsters you aren't meant to face alone/ with your gear, at which point it's a self-imposed challenge.

Or if you're playing World where the maps are over-designed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 7:08

Balladeer wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:

Boo

I get why folk like this for demos but I think saves carrying over only work best for certain types of games such as ones that are heavily structured/chapter based. Also this is essentially an online beta as well so you'd want as many as possible testing that side of it out and that'd be harder if they allowed you to play a portion of the single player.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 10:03

Yeah, the only way it would make sense would be if the demo were the opening of the game - which would be a shite demo!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 11:41

I remember timing out of a solo quest in World. I was quite new and don't think I realised it was a thing. It felt bad. An hour down the toilet.

For World I picked a weapon that the rest of the mashers weren't using, but this time I'll definitely play the demo and see what's best for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 12:19

I had it a little in World, but like I say that was either because I was getting lost in those maps or I was trying to rush past a monster I wasn't quite equipped to tackle.

In X and XX, though, it only really happened to me if I tried to solo a multiplayer quest out of desperation for a part.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 13:08

Buskalilly wrote:
Yeah, the only way it would make sense would be if the demo were the opening of the game - which would be a shite demo!

Yup! Here kill these Aptonoth so we can teach you how to cook meat, next up? Deliver these ore for me........How about you slay a couple of these tiny raptors, and then the drome version of said raptors and maybe just maybe you can tackle a medium monster like Royal Ludroth.  Winky Face

(side note: This sort of quest structure was removed in World)

Muss wrote:
I remember timing out of a solo quest in World. I was quite new and don't think I realised it was a thing. It felt bad. An hour down the toilet.

For World I picked a weapon that the rest of the mashers weren't using, but this time I'll definitely play the demo and see what's best for me.

This is what the demo is really good for, to find something you are comfortable with and to practice any new mechanics.

-----

So the weapon showcases will be daily uploads.

Next up are Long sword and Lance.

Now this is a complete guess based off when the weapon showcase videos end but I think/hope the demo will be out on the 10th January.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 13:38

Yeah the demo structure like Age of Calamity may not work but a bonus is something I'll find neat and I'll be happy with some sort of starter set with potions etc in
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2020 - 0:42

That's a possibility; they also often just pop those out as free downloads after a game releases.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2020 - 8:45

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 18:57

Buskalilly wrote:
What weapon did you pick? Usually when someone has that complaint it's because they've jumped in with a big heavy weapon whereas they might have enjoyed a nippier one.
Also also, the improved movement and seamless maps should mean hunts get to the juice a lot faster.

I remember raising this with the forum at the time and they told me I'd picked a nippier one. Dual swords I think? Anyway, I'm hopeful that the improved movement will indeed help with that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 21:42

More weapon vids, the hammer is looking as fun as it always does but I don't think I'm sold on the Sword & shield this time.  

EDIT:

Fridays weapon videos:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 19:30

Man, each of these weapon showcases has me me go "aw, yeah, I'm definitely playing this weapon in Rise. No wait, this one! Or maybe this one?" Laughing

I think I'm going to go with Dual Blades as it's a weapon type I've simply not touched at all. But then again, I suppose with single player and multiplayer being split up again, it might be worth going with two weapons? So much choice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 19:45

The only real answer is play all the weapons, I'm even going to give the HBG another crack after not liking it in IB due to the lack of mobility.

One weapon for single player quests is a sensible thing to do though
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 19:49

I ended up with three in MHW (Hammer, SnS and Lance) so I'll just see what weapon calls to me when I get into Rise properly I guess!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 20:00

I reckon you'll definitely be on hammer again at some point now that you don't need a bit of a hill to activate that spinning bludgeon move. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 20:05

...SPIN TO WIN BABYYYYYYYYY
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 22:30

I need to give these vids a watch as I was going Dual Blades but done that so many times and seems a lot of peeps will go for DB that want something different but not to hard to use.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 0:58

SnS is pretty beginner friendly, all told. As is Hammer, actually.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 8:25

Mas, you gotta go Long Sword, you are such a Long Sword guy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 9:37

JayMoyles wrote:
SnS is pretty beginner friendly, all told. As is Hammer, actually.

How I'm playing AC Valhalla with my Shield and Axe, where I think most doing dual axes etc

Long Sword might be a shout

Edit

Watched the videos so far and still weapons to be shown but so far I like the look of Bow, Long Sword, Bowguns, Sword & Shield, Insect Glaive

I've never really gone ranged so those all look interesting and the Glavie looks like quite a quick weapon what I like about Dual Blades which from the video do look tad dull.

From the weapons not shown what about Hunting Horn? As seems we will a few people playing this and for the first or awhile that let's say it's me, balla, smurf and jay playing one night would a support weapon make sense?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 11:40

Aye I'm with Jay in saying that Hammer and SnS are good starting points, I'd also say that Great Sword, Lance and Dual blades teach you good habits of positioning and stamina management.

---

No new weapon videos today Aww! so I guess we will be waiting until Monday for Great Sword & Switchaxe then Tuesday for Hunting horn & Charge Blade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next