We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage

Go down 
+4
JayMoyles
Kriken
Buskalilly
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022, 18:57

Opened the direct and the game I'm most looking forward to, as FE might be one of my favourite series now. I kinda like the idea of Emblems being characters from other games, yet I can see it being where the new characters get outshined by Marth.

I would also think after seeing this and the leaks, GUST are involved with this as when you do see Ryza 3 you can certainly see the similarities.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022, 10:28

I seem to like every other Fire Emblem. I loved Awakening, found Fates somewhat obnoxious. I really got on with Three Houses, but the weirdly J-Pop aesthethic and the VR Troopers haircut in this one rub me the wrong way. Would love to be proven wrong, but I'm more likely to do some other paths in TH than to pick up Engage.

(Yes, I know Echoes came out between Fates and Three Houses but it was a remake or whatever.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022, 10:42

I saw a Power Rangers comparison with the morphing type action to join with Marth but can see the VR troopers look.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022, 18:06

No silent protagonist this time around. Good.

Hoping and expecting some refinements to what we saw in Three Houses. Like more interesting mechanics and better battle animations. I liked the graphics in Three Houses but there was a lack of cohesion and polish in some areas. Some actual map design would be nice as well. TH used like the same 6 maps which were largely open areas.

I've liked most of the FE games - including the remakes which are among the best ones - and I like Intelligent Systems in general so I'm expecting another good one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022, 18:13

masofdas wrote:
I kinda like the idea of Emblems being characters from other games, yet I can see it being where the new characters get outshined by Marth.

I think the new characters will still have the focus with the older characters being like Personas of sorts.

I was initially a bit unsure on the nostalgia fest style showing with classic characters returning, but I heard this was meant to be part of the 30th anniversary celebrations, so that makes some sense. All in all, more Fire Emblem is good news to me. I just hope they keep the more grounded characterisation and supports from FE:TH in place and avoid delving into the absolute misery that was Fates's writing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022, 19:36

It's time I gave Fire Emblem another shot, I reckon - playing on Casual Mode like the sort of person who'll start an entire Pikmin day again because he didn't find a fruit today, even though he has 21 in the bank. I can't say the trailer filled me with hope (let alone three of them), and nor did the knowledge that Mx. Joycon-Hair was designed by a VTuber designer, but I'll keep an eye on this and see if I can jump back in.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022, 20:02

Balladeer wrote:
and nor did the knowledge that Mx. Joycon-Hair was designed by a VTuber designer

This is the least surprising bit of news I've read in a while. Laughing

I do enjoy that the protagonist is being nicknamed online as "toothpaste-chan" for his dumb hairdo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022, 20:42

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
I kinda like the idea of Emblems being characters from other games, yet I can see it being where the new characters get outshined by Marth.

I think the new characters will still have the focus with the older characters being like Personas of sorts.

Hope so but I can see it now, but I want to romance Lyn not the new girl Chloe.

Edit
Lots of TotK breakdown videos, but here is one on FEE which touches on the leak again, which all seems true

Interesting info on some of the heroes coming back here and which ones like Lyn
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022, 13:53

New trailer just dropped, and reckon we will continue to get info as this is the next big Nintendo game in what just two months time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyThu 17 Nov 2022, 12:15

I was really hoping the main character's design would grow on me, but it really isn't - he looks so dumb. Laughing

Some of the side characters have really overdesigned and busy looks about them too. Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyThu 17 Nov 2022, 13:14

I'll likely play the female version, not seen much of her though, myself but then be what romance options be available for her.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 08:04

I've generallyfound that Fire Emblems alternate between very cool games that get their claws into me and overblown, overdesigned sequels when IS get cocky.
Awakening: Banger
Fates: UUuuurrgggh
Three Houses: Banger
Engage: This looks like a mobile gacha game, and not a good one.

I know there was also Echoes, but that was a remake.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptySat 19 Nov 2022, 13:39

Echoes is also a banger for what it's worth.

I'm definitely getting Fates vibes from this which gives me massive alarm bells and that is far and beyond my least favourite game in the series. You mentioned "overblown" and "overdesigned" and that is definitely ringing true with some of those character designs. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptySat 19 Nov 2022, 14:10

...I might postpone my next attempt at getting back into the series until the game after this. Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptySat 19 Nov 2022, 21:17

Gust, I believe did the designs and everyone loves Ryza
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptySat 19 Nov 2022, 23:21

I'm not bothered, if I get a hankering for Fire Emblem I can play three or four more routes of Three Houses.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptySat 26 Nov 2022, 11:24

masofdas wrote:
Gust, I believe did the designs and everyone loves Ryza

Ryza looks dodgy as all heck. I don't know much about the games, but that's not a great advert for their design pedigree.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptySat 26 Nov 2022, 12:29

Well another new trailer with a look at the female version of the protagonist
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023, 20:01

Okay, who's actually playing this and how are you finding it? I haven't acquired it, but I'm looking for an excuse to get back into Fire Emblem following a failed foray with Awakening and permadeath on Duh! several years ago now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023, 21:57

Andy must have finshed it, as saw his play time was like 50hrs.

I'm on Chapter 14, it's good but at the moment doesn't come close to Three Houses or Awakening. Then as it's an anniversary game, feels tad fan service of hey remember when that happened in Awakening etc

Still a good way to start the year on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023, 23:27

As someone who's not played Three Houses yet I'm tempted to get this first then make a step up to Three Houses after, does that sound reasonable or would I miss not having something that's in Engage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptySun 29 Jan 2023, 09:08

I finished it yesterday and I absolutely loved my time with it. The story is pretty weak and the twists are signposted so far in advance it's almost annoying that they take so long to reveal it, but that all pales in comparison to how good the battles are.

I've given up on permadeath since Awakening as I feel the games just aren't designed with it in mind. The deaths lack impact when the character still hangs around for the rest of the story and there have been times where the games have suddenly almost required the use of a character you've let die, so I finally braved playing the game on Hard and the combat felt very well pitched and left me with the most satisfying FE experience since Awakening at least, if not Radiant Dawn.

The thing is though, as much as this was the one for me, I don't think I could recommend it above 3 houses. I remember enjoying 3 houses, but I have very few lingering memories of it, but as far as the more polished well rounded experience, that is clearly the better option. I think at some point I will jump back to 3 houses and take a fresh run through on hard to try and have a better time with it, but for now what I can say is this is the best combat since the Wii and I had a great time with it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023, 17:26

Ah, I didn't know you hadn't played through Three Houses on Hard. You'll definitely have a more fulfilling time with it on that playthrough - the combat isn't overwhelmingly difficult, but you still need to think a wee bit and you get that Fire Emblem thrill of seeing a unit grow into an absolute powerhouse.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023, 19:33

JayMoyles wrote:
seeing a unit grow into an absolute powerhouse.

Come on, Jay, seeing a unit grow into an absolute unit.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 01 Feb 2023, 13:04

I genuinely went back and forth a few times on using that pun when I wrote my post originally, but I decided that much like Andy's original playthrough of Three Houses that it just felt too easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next