We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 12:48

I wager it's Terrific Role Playing Game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 13:57

I get the feeling you won't like fire emblem as the clever gameplay isn't enough on its own to motivate you past the shite anime story.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 14:05

Is there a way to skip said shite anime story? I'm not willing to tolerate anime. Sorry to anyone reading who is a fan.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 14:08

Pretty sure start skips all cut scenes though without the story it's half the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 14:15

As an avid anime fan, I thought the story was shite, although that may well have been coloured by me not liking the game in general.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 14:18

andyman949 wrote:
Pretty sure start skips all cut scenes though without the story it's half the game.
It's not just the cutscenes though the text box chat is boring too, I just wasn't willing to mash A to get to the good bits.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 15:14

Being able to skip rubbish cutscenes is a big thing for me. I canned Metroid Other M (which I was otherwise enjoying) because of the cutscenes. I'm not willing to piss about when it comes to crap story-telling. I liked the way Kid Icarus Uprising did it, through telling you the story while you played the missions. More of that in future, please!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 15:17

You can skip the text box conversations too I think, doubt I'd have the patience if I couldn't whilst retrying.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 15:43

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I liked the way Kid Icarus Uprising did it, through telling you the story while you played the missions. More of that in future, please!
KIU's storytelling and dialogue, disjointed/camp respectively though it was, was excellent.  "I go by 'Thanatos' now: the extra 'h' is for 'ha-MAZING'!"  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 22:55

You can skip conversations too but one of my favourite parts were the random team building conversations in the barracks, some funny stuff in there. I can forgive the crud story too because if you're playing a Nintendo game for the story then that's just a bit silly isn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 23:09

KIU is also excellent game, has to be one of the best games on the system.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 23:13

If you hate your hands it's excellent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 23:24

I actually stuck KIU on for the first time in ages today. What a disappointment that, while it's obviously such an exciting game, all I can think about are the controls.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 1:21

I still never had any issues with the controls of that game
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 1:58

treesmurf11 wrote:
You can skip conversations too but one of my favourite parts were the random team building conversations in the barracks, some funny stuff in there. I can forgive the crud story too because if you're playing a Nintendo game for the story then that's just a bit silly isn't it?
True but it should have enough motivation in the story to make you want to continue & this just didn't have that for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 7:54

If I'm playing an RPG it ought to at least have some good story/characterisation.  That was one of the disappointing things about PMSS as well.  

Go Team I Had No Problems With KIU's Controls Yeah!

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 Team-spirit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 8:59

I never had any issue with KIU. Then again, I have tiny, womanly hands and Herculean strength, the perfect combination. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 9:18

Yeah controls were fine on KIU.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 20:01

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
More Animal Crossing for me, and I also had my first go on Aero Porter this afternoon. I can see why some people may love it, but I don't think it's for me.
I feel the same way about Aero Porter. Something different, but I just didn't enjoy it very much. Too stressful?
A bit of that, coupled with the fact that you're basically staring at six or so carousels constantly and nothing more (even though I expected it Laughing). It could almost be a Game & Watch game. Kudos to them for giving it a go, though.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 1:55

masofdas wrote:
Yeah controls were fine on KIU.
Nope, more like unecessaryly awkward.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 15:48

The controls are unnecessarily awkward, and this is coming from someone who rates KIU as the best game on the 3DS. There's a reason the Circle Pad Pro thing exists, and it's for games like KIU.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 10:02

Because I'm a right handed gamer but a left handed writer, the set-up with the stylus was horrible for me - as I needed the left analogue to control movement (I can't do it on the right, so the CPP would have been useless), but I also need to hold the stylus in my left hand.

Luckily, I managed to track down a thumb stylus from the original DS, and the controls were brilliant with it. And no need for a silly stand.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 11:10

I remember that! It made SM64DS almost playable.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Oct 2013 - 9:45

Swinging the thread back on track, I'm playing Pokémon X, interspersed with Bike Rider DX, as recommended by Cap (and now, by me - it's very addictive).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 19:37

Replaying Hotel Dusk, with the intention to get the super secret ending (which needs two playthroughs). I've pretty much forgotten everything about it, so it's feeling very fresh to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 8 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next