We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
SquidgyGoat
Boo This Man .Gif
SquidgyGoat

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 16:19

I've struggled to get into anything since Animal Crossing. I'm still playing it, and I daren't ever take it out of my 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyMon 26 May 2014 - 18:14

Three games: Kirby's Triple Deluxe, Cave Story and Bike Rider DX.

K3D is pretty much what I thought I'd be - an easy, inoffensive, colourful and generally cheerful platforming romp. The levels remind me of Yoshi's Universal Gravitation (stay with me here) in the way that they flick from room to room and theme to theme, and I wish they just stuck with the one for the entire level - that aside, it's happy enough to keep me playing. It's what I play when I feel I have enough time to get through a level.

BRDX is even simpler than K3D, and that's saying something. Again, it's highly inoffensive - geographically themed course-negotiating fun. Courses are over (or, more likely, I'm dead) in under half a minute, so it's something to play on quick tube journeys.

CS fits between the two, with the save points being more liberally spaced than K3D's level ends, but not as liberally as BRDX's. It feels like the deeper and more challenging game of the three, but also (due to the minimalist aesthetics, I suspect - I'm a sucker for lavish aesthetics) the least "fun".
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyWed 28 May 2014 - 8:24

These days it's Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, with the odd match of Nintendo Pocket Football Club thrown on. The lustre wore off the latter very quickly - the lack of options is frustrating, with my players sometimes showing the intelligence of lumpy custard. A couple of matches ago one of my defenders left the player who was running through on goal to mark the chap I'd suggested they keep an eye on, for example, and the number of times a striker, with only the keeper to beat, passes backwards or sideways is upsetting.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 16:22

I've gotten pretty hooked on Bravely Default (Got it on Friday), I really like the art style and I think the new combat system is really clever and adds a lot to the "strategy" bit of fighting- You know, if strategy means pummelling them and hoping you take them all down within one round. Good game so far although the story hasn't quite grabbed me yet, but I'm still in the Intro so I'm guessing that will change.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 4:02

I'm going between Pokemon Art and One Piece World Red at the moment
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 11:03

Surprisingly: nothing.

I have dipped in and out of Mario Golf over the past few weeks, and did play a bit of Monster Hunter 4 and OoT 3D (the 3D effect is still as impressive today on that as it was three years ago!), but otherwise there hasn't been much for me to play.

I'm a bit disappointed with the software drought this year 3DS-wise. Back in the day, third parties would pick up the slack but that hasn't been the case since only Japan's really been graced with a glut of interesting, high profile third party games there. And the quality indie stuff is still not arriving yet.

Part of the issue may lie with NoE releasing a lot of big games far earlier than NoA: Layton 6 and Bravely Default launched in 2014 in America, and they still don't have Layton Vs AA yet.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 1:05

Xenoblade on Wii U bc is taking up 95% of my gaming time right now... During that 5%, I play Chibi Robo.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 14:43

Just got pokemon tcg on the eshop. I was really fond of this game back in the day, never managed to beat the 'grand masters'. Anyone else going to play this?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 14:53

I loved it back in the day, but I didn't think it had huge amounts of replayability and I think I'll pass on the repeat chance.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 15:06

Yeah I just downloaded the TCG game and went through the tutorial
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 21:18

Just started a new playthrough of Pokemon Platinum. I don't really remember Gen IV - I only played through Diamond and Platinum once each (whereas I've even beaten Y 3 times) - so to be honest it's kind of like playing the game for the first time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 18:21

With the absence of a working laptop, I started up (and beat) The World Ends With You. It's still as good as I remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 21:23

Started Pokemon Black as I picked it up from Argos cheap. I did play when it first came out along with white but now even after a few years seems dated after playing X&Y.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 20:41

Brilliantly, Ghost Recon. Finally got time to dip into my backlog, so it's time to deal with this sucker. Off to protect... Ukraine... from Russia... Shocked
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 20:44

I've been meaning to go back to that and do more of the skirmish missions.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 10:38

Having got shot of Ghost Recon, my backlog has turned up Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow: Mirror Of Fate (look, Ma, no subtitle jokes!). It's more fun than I remember, which is good. There's also Siesta Fiesta, the side scrolling Breakout clone (is there a genre name for that game style yet?). It's not as fun. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptySat 23 Aug 2014 - 9:36

Dunno if there deserves to be - SF can, in the words of Kevin Bridges, "get tae fock".

I have finally opened my copy of Mario Golf! Solid, satisfying golf, and I particularly like the challenges. Two obvious problems so far - the NPCs' dialogue in Castle Club is early Pokémon levels of obvious and dull, and why can't I quicksave halfway through a course? But good on the hole.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptySat 23 Aug 2014 - 13:38

Fore fucks' sake, Balla- we've done the Golf puns already. Wood you give it a rest?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptySun 24 Aug 2014 - 0:24

Balladeer wrote:
But good on the hole.

That's what she said  Razz 

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptySun 24 Aug 2014 - 11:22

My 3DS focus is now purely on Bravely Default. As a veteran of spiritual predecessor 4 Heroes Of Light, let me tell you that it has improved the blueprint beyond recognition. I'm enjoying everything bar the voice acting at the moment (early to mid Chapter 3).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptySun 24 Aug 2014 - 11:30

After losing far too much progress in Pokemon, due to being an idiot who doesn't save but does grab his 3DS out of his bag in a very stupid way, my 3DS has returned to being a Picross machine. I'm currently on e4 and am flying through it far too fast...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptySun 24 Aug 2014 - 16:19

Picked up Fire Emblem Awakening in the sale - great game. I can see me being at this for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2014 - 3:01

ZeroJones wrote:
My 3DS focus is now purely on Bravely Default. As a veteran of spiritual predecessor 4 Heroes Of Light, let me tell you that it has improved the blueprint beyond recognition. I'm enjoying everything bar the voice acting at the moment (early to mid Chapter 3).

Glad to hear it, ZJ! The second half is much worse, though.

beemoh wrote:
Fore fucks' sake, Balla- we've done the Golf puns already. Wood you give it a rest?

Gold puns aside (misspelling, but I think I prefer it that way), we can all agree that the Castle Club mode is disappointing, right?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2014 - 9:57

Going through a few games at the moment which are: Bravely Default for the sequel, Luigi Mansion 2 and Zelda LTTP2
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2014 - 12:51

Balladeer wrote:
Gold puns aside (misspelling, but I think I prefer it that way), we can all agree that the Castle Club mode is disappointing, right?

Not played Mario Golf, TBH. But going off the name alone, if it's anything other than a room where you all wear masks of Matthew Castle, it'll be disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 11 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next