We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 9:55

Buskalilly wrote:
Ghost Squad.

I did a runthrough of Ghost Squad last night, probably my first one in nearly a decade, and it's still excellent. Thanks again for the suggestion. I think I'll dig out the other SEGA lightgun games next  Thumbs Up!

masofdas wrote:
I've not got any suggestions but also curious about Wii games as much like the PS2 of that gen, it past me by that anything beyond SMG is good to know about.

I could offer a lot of recommendations, but it would depend on your preferred types of game and your budget.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 12:02

I'm sure you don't need telling this, but if you're after Sega Lightgun action you can't get much better than HotD Overkill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 13:57

I liked Overkill but the bullets felt a bit weak. Maybe it's the sound design. Regardless, I have Typing of the Dead Overkill with the DLC, and boy, that game is hilarious! Ghost Squad is fantastic fun.

I'd like to recommend Metal Slug Anthology but they messed up the controller support. So I'll go with Pikmin 2 (New Play Control!). Fantastic game, much like Resi 4 and Metroid Prime, improved by Wii controls.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 16:01

I'm not too wild about HotD Overkill to be honest, and I think gjones is right when he says that the bullets feel weak. So do the sound effects that come from the remote. Still, I might give it another go.

Strangely enough, I just played through Metal Slug on Switch earlier this afternoon. Simply put, it's one of the best games ever. That Metal Slug Anthology is probably best on PS4 these days - it's oftentimes heavily discounted on PSN, and it doesn't have the Wii version's odd waggle nonsense.

Pikmin 2 is also one of the best games ever. I ended up picking out a handful of games to play through over the next couple of weeks, and the original will probably be one of them. Both of the first two Pikmin games are so much better on Wii than they are on GameCube, the pointer controls are sublime.

After Ghost Squad last night, I made a start on FlingSmash. I'm actually quite far into it already, so I can see myself finishing it in the next couple of nights. There's probably somebody out there who absolutely loves FlingSmash...but it's certainly not me!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 17:35

As I've got Pikmin's on Cube, I'm not that bothered about them on Wii unless I see cheap.

I think my Wii collection is rather decent due to buying that decent sized bundle and a few games at boot sales due to being more interested in the console.

Just like I was saying about the PS3 elsewhere, right now as I'm saving for PS5/XSX and not buying likes of Avengers/Yakuza/Madden on PS4/ONE, I want to go back to some of these system between now & next gen (I say this but I've got Tony Hawk pre-ordered and who knows what Nintendo are doing).

Anyway my collection

• Another Code: R: A Journey into Lost Memories
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold: The Video Game
  • Boom Street
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition
  • Cursed Mountain
  • Disaster: Day of Crisis
  • Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
  • Endless Ocean
  • Ghost Squad
  • GoldenEye 007
  • The House of the Dead: Overkill
  • Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Anniversary
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
  • Link's Crossbow Training
  • MadWorld
  • Mario Strikers Charged Football
  • Metroid: Other M
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
  • No More Heroes
  • Power Rangers Samurai
  • Red Steel
  • Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
  • Sonic and The Secret Rings
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Trauma Center: Second Opinion
  • Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
  • Wii Sports
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 20:01

Are you looking for recommendations for what to play from that list, or games to add to it?

Trauma Centre: New Blood is a good game that you don't have - better than Second Opinion, in my...view. The Game Collection are selling it for only £1.95, new and sealed:

https://www.thegamecollection.net/trauma-centre-new-blood-wii?sqr=trauma&
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 20:40

Bit of both and I've bought Trauma
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyWed 12 Aug 2020 - 21:03

Good lad. Trauma Centre: New Blood is pretty good in it's own right, but a new, Nintendo-sealed Wii game for £1.95 in 2020 isn't half bad going.

Something I'd recommend to folk - although maybe not masofdas if he's already got it on Dreamcast - is the Wii port of Samba De Amigo, the maraca-shaking rhythm game. Right enough, it's controls are way too imprecise for serious play, but it's dirt-cheap and loads of fun when it wants to work. The soundtrack is brilliant too, belter after belter. It's such a cheerful and colourful game that's impossible to not have some fun with.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyWed 12 Aug 2020 - 23:42

I remember playing Trauma Centre: New Blood all the way through in co-op mode with my flatmate in my second year of uni. It was brilliant fun (furious waggling = perfect suturing) and I seem to remember a story where a nun got stuck under a fallen rafter. Excellent content.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 20:34

Rum wrote:
I remember playing Trauma Centre: New Blood all the way through in co-op mode with my flatmate in my second year of uni. It was brilliant fun (furious waggling = perfect suturing) and I seem to remember a story where a nun got stuck under a fallen rafter. Excellent content.

Did the same, but with my ex-wife. The story is bonkers and I believe there's even a surgery session on live TV, but it does get very difficult. Perfect for co-op - Overcooked before Overcooked. Undercooked?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 15:32

Now there's a recommendation that would make me get Trauma Centre Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 15:58

I've told this story before, but fuck it. My pals and I used to play the Trauma Centre that wasn't a co-op game in co-op. One player was the surgeon, with the Wii remote, and the other was the nurse, with the nunchuk.

We tried "nurse mode" in a few other games, including Resi 4, but it was generally a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 16:01

Was it successful in Trauma Centre? (By 'successful' I mean, did it cause a lot of entertaining annoyances while allowing you to eventually Do The Thing?)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 16:03

It did! I don't think we completed it, cos that game gets tough, but we gave it a bloody good go!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 19:58

All games should now come with a 2 controller Nurse Mode. Looking at you, splitty-uppy Joy-cons
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptySat 15 Aug 2020 - 0:35

I mean, all games do if you have the cojones.

Astral Chain literally did and it was awful Laughing
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 19:13

Decided to pick up the GBA Metroid games to get ready for dread. Anyone else who's not real delved into 2D Metroid doing something similar?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 19:15

Said in the Dread Thread, annoying Switch Nintendo retro selection is limited to NES & SNES.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 19:17

masofdas wrote:
Said in the Dread Thread, annoying Switch Nintendo retro selection is limited to NES & SNES.

That's why my Wii U is still set up 😂
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 19:21

Mine is plugged in but not connected or near TV even, that mines basically a handheld now which would ideal for the GBA Metroids.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:23

I did get Fusion back in the Wii U era, and I bounced right off it. It's made me slightly concerned for Dread, but I think it was because the game felt older and also more horror-y. Didn't want to be constantly pooping myself because the SA-X had burst out from behind a pipe.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:28

Balladeer wrote:
I did get Fusion back in the Wii U era, and I bounced right off it.  It's made me slightly concerned for Dread, but I think it was because the game felt older and also more horror-y.  Didn't want to be constantly pooping myself because the SA-X had burst out from behind a pipe.

Yeah that is my one big concern for Dread but I'm willing to give it a try at least!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:03

Balladeer wrote:
I did get Fusion back in the Wii U era, and I bounced right off it.  It's made me slightly concerned for Dread, but I think it was because the game felt older and also more horror-y.  Didn't want to be constantly pooping myself because the SA-X had burst out from behind a pipe.

Not to throw a spanner in your hype works or anything here, but isn't Dread leaning into that thriller/horror aspect with the big nasty robot chasing you everywhere in the game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:24

To an extent yes. It does seem like the EMMIs' patterns will be more predictable than SA-X's, and it's more stealthy than Fusion was; whereas Fusion looked like it was just 'SUDDENLY SA-X QUICK RUN FASTER TOO LATE YOU DIED'.

Admission time: I didn't play enough of Fusion to get more than glimpses of SA-X. Embarrassed It could have been completely non-horrific.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:42

I don't think this would ever be non-horrific.

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 EeK1cPW
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next