We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 20:52

Doesn't that have a similar battle system though?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2020 - 5:31

It's turned based but has the staggering mechanic but if follow the right people or in the final fantasy group etc you'll see lots of bet you all like XIII now and that sort of thing, could say XV as well due to the combat.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 20:47

I genuinely thought it was real time, at least to some extent. As the only Final Fantasy game I've completed I'd say XIII is good anyway for what it's worth (very little).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 21:29

I've been playing Resi 4 on Wii (Eurogamer have been streaming it and couldn't resist). God, this game is still incredible. Must have beaten it 10+ times, but it still surprises me how much they packed in. I've just left the village after 7 hours (finding the treasures, so I've been taking my time) and the one knock is that it's a lot browner/greyer than I remember. Probably because the Wii graphics look fuzzy in HD too, but it doesn't affect how it plays. I wondered if it would slip out of my Top 3 (like Shenmue inevitably has) but no, it keeps its spot. Love this game so much, yet I still have no desire to play the other Resi games!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 8:24

I've been playing the Co-op Resis with my pal Rob of a Saturday night; it's making me really want to go back to 4, and to maybe give some of the earlier ones a go.

I think I've played close to half the games in the series now, but I've never completed one of what people consider the classic style.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 9:01

Out of the 26 Resident Evil games I've played 18 & finished 11 of them.

That if you use RE4 as the base anything before is going to be Classic Res Evil with fixed cameras, tank controls, puzzles, scares ammo along with it being more on the horror side as well.

Then if you look past RE4, you've got games like RE5 which might be a good 3rd person shooter but isn't survival horror, RE6 is one of the ones I've not played but looking at reviews doesn't sound good that's why I've never played.

RE7 goes back to more like a Survival Horror but is first person and a much slower game then RE4. Which then leaves the two recent remakes that I wasn't overly keen on but I think is likely the nearest to a RE4 in how they play with a bit more survival horror added in.

Maybe the revelations games as well worth looking at if you like RE4 and avoid likes of Outbreak due to it's classicness.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 10:12

I played Resi 4, naturally, masterpiece, one of the best games ever made. The Last of Us felt like it captured some of that feeling, Gears of War and Vanquish improved on it in a pure action sense, The Evil Within was good in places but had some awful sections at the start and end.

I played through Revelations on 3DS, might replay on Switch and then also play 2.

I played through 5 with Rob, and we're about to finish the third campaign of 6 this Saturday; then it's just Ada's story.

I also played through the two lightgun games on Wii.

So I guess if you count every permutation I haven't really played half of them, but the ones I feel I need to play are 1, 2, 3, Veronica, 0 and 7. I can get 1 and 0 on Switch, then if I still feel the need for more I'll look at ways to play the others.

Oh, and I played a shit-ton of Mercenaries 3D.
And a little of the game boy one.
And like an hour of the 1 remake on DS.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 10:29

Yeah the Revelations games look similar, I might have to try them out. I enjoyed RE5 at the time, but I know there were things about it that put me off "wanting" to replay it (Sheva, the inventory system, that stupid boulder!). RE6 is arguably the one I'll likely play, as it looks insane. It sounds like it wasn't well-received because it wasn't what fans wanted, rather than being a badly made game. I could be wrong - why don't people like it, as a game? RE7 can f*** off - the first-person horror games like Outlast and Amnesia aren't up my alley at all. In fact they are an alley in a town, on the other side of the world. Nope. NOPE. I checked out of that style with Project Zero 2 (the camera) and one of the Forbidden Sirens was like that (*shivers just thinking about them*).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 10:40

"Fans" didn't want RE5 and that was well received, that I'm unsure on RE6 like I said wasn't keen on RE5 as it wasn't what I wanted and had likes of Gears that did what it did better and then RE6 reviews put me off as well.

I really should try Evil Within which I do have and likely the Res Evil, I want because of Shinji Mikami.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 11:08

6 is a lot of fun, but the plot is absolutely mental and Chris' campaign in particular feels like a second-rate COD in places. Really, though, if one enjoys 5 then 6 is basically more of the same.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:32

Have you played Shadows of the Damned mas? It's got a lot of resi 4 in it
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:51

I've not but I do have it on 360 and is playable on Xbox One, I know I've just added to my gaming library due to having a PC that can run things and stuff such as SoR4 have just dropped but I'm hoping that from what I put on May releases and even June is a tad quite that I can get to something like Shadows of the Damned.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 20:07

Buskalilly wrote:
6 is a lot of fun, but the plot is absolutely mental and Chris' campaign in particular feels like a second-rate COD in places. Really, though, if one enjoys 5 then 6 is basically more of the same.

Me and Andy started playing this in co-op and it's certainly mental - I was buckled listening to the dialogue during Leon's campaign. It's wonderfully cheesy and the ridiculousness of it all feels like the RE1 style cheese I was hoping for from the game. Gameplay wise... well, it's fine, but I don't think I could have played it solo. I felt the same about RE5 too, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2020 - 12:37

Decided to give Bayonetta 2 a quick go and had a lot of fun with the first few verses. I wasn't really a fan of the first game's approach of immedietely throwing you into a long big fight - one you can't even lose - but I suppose I didn't mind it as much this time since I've acquired more character-action exp since then so wasn't mindlessly mashing as much.

The real intro in the city area was great though - long-haired Jeanne Surprised - and I was reminded by some of the ways I liked Bayonetta more than DMC (though I still prefer the latter), and this game hits harder more immedietely than the first. The satisfaction of pulling off a witch time along with Bayo's cheeky taunting and being able to throw giant demon heels around, and it seems like you can do that even more here. It's so stylish.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2020 - 15:50

With Rob, when I go to his place of a Saturday night, we've been playing a bit of Wii -

House of the Dead: Overkill is hilarious, I'm still the business at Ghost Squad, Mario Kart Wii is infuriating because my 8 skills don't quite translate enough to beat Rob, and we're dabbling with New Super Mario Bros. Wii which is nice because I want to play a lot of Mario this year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2020 - 20:08

I remember NSMBWii being the most disappointing of the sub-series - does it come alive with another player?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2020 - 2:02

With two players it's pretty fun. As I recall, any more than two is a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptySat 25 Jul 2020 - 19:55

Sounds like it's failed at a pretty basic level then!

Oh, and - I think Kriken's overtaken Mas as the person whose tastes on the forum are most disparate from my own.  Once again I have nowt to say on Bayo 2, sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptySun 26 Jul 2020 - 12:38

Eh, four player NSMBWii is fun, but in a very different way. Exquisite opportunities for winding people up.

I love Bayonetta 2 but the first is so much better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 11:23

Kriken wrote:
Decided to give Bayonetta 2 a quick go and had a lot of fun with the first few verses. I wasn't really a fan of the first game's approach of immedietely throwing you into a long big fight - one you can't even lose - but I suppose I didn't mind it as much this time since I've acquired more character-action exp since then so wasn't mindlessly mashing as much.

The real intro in the city area was great though - long-haired Jeanne Surprised - and I was reminded by some of the ways I liked Bayonetta more than DMC (though I still prefer the latter), and this game hits harder more immedietely than the first. The satisfaction of pulling off a witch time along with Bayo's cheeky taunting and being able to throw giant demon heels around, and it seems like you can do that even more here. It's so stylish.

I really ought to get around to Bayonetta 2. I really enjoyed the first game, but I felt I was pretty shite at it and struggled with some sections. Since then, I've played the entire DMC series, barring the Ninja Theory game, and I'd like to think my skill level would be improved to such a degree where I wouldn't be "mindlessly mashing" either. Another one for the post FFXIV pile, then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 15:50

The first step with an addiction is admitting you have a problem. I'd say not playing Bayonetta 2 is a pretty big problem.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 17:17

Definitely sort that out - Bayonetta 2 is as good as it gets.

I've moved onto playing old Wii games now, and one of them is New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I've quite enjoyed it, even on my own. It's better than I remember. 

Does anybody have any suggestions for other Wii games I could play through? I've got about 150 games, but nothing's jumping out at me Sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 17:46

Ghost Squad.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 19:58

That's a brilliant game, and my night's entertainment sorted - thanks!  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 20:00

I've not got any suggestions but also curious about Wii games as much like the PS2 of that gen, it past me by that anything beyond SMG is good to know about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 36 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next