We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2020 - 19:42

Even in south-east England, you can walk for hours. I went for a good ol' walk up and down a canal this weekend to try and clear my head, which may not be Drunka-exploring-Japan but was still a nice break from most of London. (Head remained uncleared.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2020 - 14:18

A canal walk isn't open world, it's a linear pokemon route!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2020 - 20:11

But you can leave the route at any time to go into the 'Wild Area'. Direction and exploration!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyMon 3 Feb 2020 - 10:46

Balladeer wrote:
But you can leave the route at any time to go into the 'Wild Area'. Direction and exploration!

One direction you'll be swimming in the canal, the other is most likely private property (be it building or farmer's field) that is walled/fenced/hedged off.

We do have wild areas in national parks, and like the area in game they are confined and limited with respect to the country as a whole!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyMon 3 Feb 2020 - 14:23

I turned my WiiU on last night, it's had two new games so far this year. As ones 89p, might try to get some #content from it.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 23:32

Not so much "what am I playing?" but "what am I not playing?". You see... I went down a rabbit hole and looked at YouTube tutorials on how to add a "homebrew" channel to my Wii. After downloading a few files in order to add this channel to my Wii, I can now simply add GameCube or Wii titles to the external hard drive and well, the whole catalog of both systems is at my fingertips!

Basically looks like this:

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 1

I'm in retro heaven...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 23:37

My Wii is at the point of I would just need to add games on files to the console or copy from a disc but haven't as I'm not really into emulation, and collecting especially for retro is the neatest thing.

I wanted it to play imports, really handy as I've got like 30 Japan GameCube games and I can change picture settings.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 23:28

I wouldn't even know where to begin to get into Homebrew or jailbreaking a console. I bought a PSP off my mate a few years back which is apparently set up for Homebrew, but fuck if I know how to access it or use it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2020 - 12:58

JayMoyles wrote:
I wouldn't even know where to begin to get into Homebrew or jailbreaking a console. I bought a PSP off my mate a few years back which is apparently set up for Homebrew, but fuck if I know how to access it or use it!

Basically, it involves downloading a few files, putting them on an SD card (which then goes into your Wii). You then install these files as a Channel (like the Weather Channel etc.). Then you plug a hard drive into the Wii, and this Channel accesses the hard drive to play games. You can also put a disc into the Wii and rip the game to the hard drive, if you want to backup any games. Really simple to be honest - I followed a YouTube tutorial. Once I've finished downloading GC/Wii games, I'll try and video it in action.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2020 - 13:21

My friend Rob has a bunch of pirated shit on his Wii. Those things are crazy easy to break into.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2020 - 19:08

The way GJones is describing it, it genuinely sounds quite easy. I'll never do it but I'm keen to see the results!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2020 - 13:09

Boom Blox: Bash Party

Played a few hours of this and whilst I've tampered with it before, I'm going to try and complete this one. It lacks a little polish and charm - the character designs are instantly forgettable - but the premise is consistently fun. Made my arm ache after a little while though!

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

A friend messaged me to say they were playing this for the first time on Switch, so it inevitably made me jealous. It may not look great on Wii, but BAH GAWD it still plays well. If I was held at gunpoint (or pitchfork-point), Resi 4 would be my pick for Favourite Game Ever, and it's not really aged in 15 years. Deliciously goofy, immensely satisfying and not even Uncharted 2 can match that pacing. It's also an odd case of being the only Resident Evil I have any interest in playing - I beat Resi 5 but it wasn't as fun as 4. Resi 6 I missed, and 7 looks more like an Outlast game that I have zero interest in playing. Would anyone say the Resi 2 remake is a lot like 4?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2020 - 13:53

There are definitely similarities between 4 and RE2 remake.

I thought 4 looked good on Wii - it's better than the PS2 visuals, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2020 - 15:10

ReMake 2 is sort of best of all the Res Evil games, but I wasn't a huge fan though it misses something for me.

I would play 7 though it's very much a Res Evil game.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 20:56

I spent a couple of hours in The Last Story this afternoon, and then a couple more in Wario Land: Shake Dimension. The former is a fun, linear RPG with some brilliant voice-acting that I'm keen to play further; the latter a straight-forward 2D platformer with more character than Smash Bros. Deluxe. Both are a lot of fun and I'll hopefully see them through.

Anyone play these?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 21:54

I'm not crazy for Wario Land, but it's clever and short enough to be worth sticking with. I'm sure that the hand-drawn animation has stood up, that looked unreal at the time. 

I've wound up with two copies of The Last Story, somehow. Total gameplay time: 0hrs, 0mins.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 22:22

Last Stroy and my fav of the three RPG's Wii got near the end.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 10:24

Wario Land is an okay platformer but looks fantastic, which elevates it

The Last Story is one of my favourite RPGs, I love it and its neat cover based battle system
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 7:38

TLS was a bloody weird one. It had a really good combat system and alright acting and story (just ignore Lowell), but no overworld at all and the whole game (especially the main town) was bloomed to Hell. Also the final cut-scene juddered like nobody's business. File it under 'curio' for me.

Belting theme tune though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 9:09

No Overworld or Openworld or whatever isn't needed in every game, look at Final Fantasy VII Remake Jay and Me just posted about, both really liked it because of things like combat system, characters, story etc which The Last Story had as well, why it's the best RPG on Wii maybe that generation and what we should be getting remastered on Switch.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 11:25

Can't say I missed an overworld at all, plenty of RPGs don't have one

The music is excellent, definitely agreed on that!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 19:10

As somebody who plays games primarily for their world design (I'd say I enjoyed exploring as much as anything else in four of my top five games), an RPG doesn't need an overworld but it really helps.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 13:24

When I played FFX (the remaster on the PS4) I found the funnelling between locations and lack of overworld quite jarring. It didn't really feel like they'd built an explorable world because you're not really exploring it. It doesn't have to be Xenoblade levels of overworld, but I've enjoyed games like Ys VIII and the Tales series because running around and dicking about a bit is part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 14:39

FFX is very linear, but I think it gives a decent illusion of a larger world through its explorable settlements and the story justification for the linearity of the pilgrimage. It's a lot better than FFXIII at least!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 14:43

You say that but XIII suddenly has a lot of love because of VII Remake as it's actually very similar, and I played XIII fairly recently & I really wanted to go back to it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 35 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next