We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 17:41

I liked the chamber, thought it was a fun PPV & as for Ziggler as I said last night on twitter I don't think we will see a cash in from him until the last possible day. (Multiple cash ins at the next MiTB sound fun/exciting to me)

@JayMoyles
A bit harsh to say there was botches everywhere in ADR vs Big show, the sequence to the finish was bad but I felt he covered it up well as he delivered a few more moves rather than going straight to cross arm breaker after the bucket botch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 18:15

I was just pretty disappointed by it, sad to say, which is a shame because I know Show and Del Rio put on a great match usually. That hurricanrana in that match though was stellar, it's rare to see a hurricanrana on a big guy that doesn't look like complete shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 20:31

It was always going to be tough to top the last man standing matches which oddly started the feud.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013 - 12:00

watched RAW last night, i was so hoping it was going to end up a triple threat but no cena v punk 7 instrad next week. i hope some how its a duble count out or something we do have triple threat at mania. Yep so a new belt, i think it looks just at nad as the last one. otherwise not much else from raw. See i read them, complete oppsite about divas and tag to you ohh well hope one of them gets better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013 - 19:47

EDIT: Swagger arrested for marijuana possession. The real American Idiot.

Just finished watching RAW from Monday. Some thoughts;

Ziggler vs Del Rio was utterly fantastic, best match on RAW I've seen since started watching again. I loved the near cash-in attempt, can't wait to see when the MITB contract will be cashed in.

When's Naomi going to be Diva's Champion? She's actually pretty entertaining in-ring.

I love Swagger's new entrance, and I was sold on him by his performance in the Chamber and his match with D-Bry (but still, "my fellow Americanths").

Great seeing The Shield victorious once again, although I swear, the camera work in these matches are appalling, completely missed Seth Rollins's top-move move at the end because of terrible camera angles and bizarre zooming in and out.

New title looks nice. Although I'm assuming the Bull logo will come off and be replaced by something else?

Pretty good RAW all in all.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 1:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : weed the people)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 18:58

I really enjoyed last nights raw which had an absolute stonker of a main event.

I loved that so much but apparently Vince isnt too happy about it
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/268627-report-vince-mcmahon-got-upset-during-main-event-of-raw
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 19:03

Oh yeah, was so shocked to see a piledriver! I think the move should be allowed by guys who really know what they're doing. Owen Hart's infamous piledriver on Stone Cold was some sort of inverted piledriver which was unfortunately easily botched.

With that main event and the brilliant opener (with blood!) I think that's the best RAW in a while.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 20:18

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 ICPxTur

Spoiler:

Last edited by Phillips on Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 21:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 20:40

I'm going to play identify the wrestling mugshots!

Row 1: No idea about first 3. 4 is Jericho. 5 is X-Pac? 6 and 7, I'm stumped. 8 looks like DDP? No idea about the rest.

Row 2: 1 is Eddie Guerrero. No idea about 2, 3 and 4. 5 is Kaitlyn (what was she booked for?) Stumped for the rest of the row.

Row 3: Clueless for 1 and 2. 3 is Andre. 4, no clue. I really recognise 5 though. 6 is Scott Hall, right? 7 is Jeff Hardy. 8 and 9, can't place. 10 is Bork Lazer, 11 is Billy Gunn.

Row 4: No idea for 1. TWOOOOO is Ric Flair. Blank for 3, 4, 5 and 6. 7 is a long-haired Big Show. I recognise 8, can't place a name though. 9 is Stone Cold. 10 looks a little bit like Seth Rollins, but it's not him. Is 11 a messed up looking Matt Hardy?

Row 5: No idea for 1. Please don't tell me 2 is Lita... what'd she go in for? No idea for the rest of the row up till 10, which is of course A Real Stoner, Jack Swagger. 11, whoosh, no idea.

EDIT: Wait, is Row 4.1 Santino Marella?!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 15:30

I wouldn't believe this bollocks flying around about Vince being unhappy with the piledriver spot, it's his show and he knows everything that is going to happen on it. He obviously trusts Punk to do anything because he's a top-notch pro. I really dislike this 'let's make something up for page clicks' culture that most wrestling websites have. Aside from that, what a match it was. It was great to be swept away in that match and not have to think about how CM Punk isn't going to be headlining WrestleMania or whatever the latest gripe with WWE fans is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 16:54

Aye, I don't buy it for a second either if you look at the way the match built up they both hit their big moves numerous times/got countered so a move like the piledriver & the following Cena-can't-rana only made sense.

I thought Cole & King were at their best at the anounce table too.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 18:27

Cole seemed genuinely shocked when Punk landed the piledriver. That seemed like a legitimate "OH MY GOD" moment for Cole.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2013 - 17:44

This is Michael Cole who laughs uncontrollably when The Rock is running through his latest catchphrase and minor swear filled promo, he's very good at faking is Cole.

Wondering if CM Punk's use of the piledriver on Raw will be important in his rumoured WrestleMania match with The Undertaker? I'd think so. Imagine the crowd's reaction when Punk drops Taker with a couple of piledrivers and everyone thinks The Streak is dead...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2013 - 18:00

Tbh I think Cole is genuinely laughing at those Rock promos which is just urgh!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2013 - 18:37

Do you think CM Punk will end the Streak, or if it'll be ended at all? I think if someone does end it, it should be to push someone from Main Event to Legend status. I'm not sure if Punk needs the push.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2013 - 21:21

If it happened (which I don't think it will) it would definitely be takers last mania & the question would be is he happy ending his career that way? But I suppose stranger things have happened.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 3:18

Oh, definitely. Part of me wants Kane to beat the streak and retire with Taker, but Kane's definitely got some more wrestling left in him. Not entirely sure if the same could be said about Taker.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 4:57

That's the thing with the Taker character he's supernatural & they've had to use him carefully over the years, how many times was he buried alive? Laughing that's is to give him recuperation time.

In the last few years he's stuck to one fight a year to keep that character alive, I don't know about you but I was genuinely shocked/saddened when he couldn't do the sit up in the first match with HHH he just put every ounce of effort into that.

If his character was different he'd probably would've been appearing/wrestling more often in recent years.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 20:12

That's the thing, he has been wrestling with the WWE for over twenty years now. There's no-one else in the WWE that's been around that long. And the amazing thing is I still don't doubt his ability to put on a great match still - especially with Punk, who'll pick up any slack Taker has because of age.

By the way, these guys are my favourite thing in the WWE right now. It was great to see them get a positive reaction for once, go to 42 mins into this video.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxuuxv_nx-27feb-www-eventoshq-me_travel?start=1#.UTJcrSmvPbI
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 20:46

yup really looking forward to punk v Taker, the build up shoud be really good too & yeah the shield are great with Ambrose being the stand out for me.

You should search out the FCW (now NXT) match between Ambrose & William Regal.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 21:03

Just finished watching it there. Wow, that was some amazing technical wrestling. I wonder why Regal doesn't wrestle more often in WWE?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:59

I think if Punk did beat Taker it would help give him another thing to brag about now that he isn't champion anymore but as Jaster said, it wouldn't make sense for Taker to end it that way, part of me still thinks Triple H should have won last year.

Does anyone else think a cash in from Ziggler before Mania might happen? The main reason only really being that I don't know if the Swagger/Del Rio fued can go the distance without another factor besides the America angle, I'm sure the match itself will be good, just not convinced with the build up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2013 - 0:08

Hmm, honestly, I don't think so. Del Rio is doing amazingly as a face, I don't think he'll drop the title before Mania. In fact, I can't even see him dropping the title at Mania to Swagger. I can see Del Rio coming out on top at Mania, then a Ziggler cash-in at the next PPV. That means there would be a Ziggler/Del Rio/Swagger feud for the WHC, assuming they don't punish Swagger for his DUI.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2013 - 0:18

I definitely can't see him losing to Swagger, probably why I don't think much of the current fued. The cash in has got to be imminent, especially with their match next week just two weeks after their last one and Ziggler's failed attempt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2013 - 0:32

Ohhh, I forgot they were having another match-up! We'll definitely see a cash-in attempt, but whether it'll be another comedy Scooby Doo chase again remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next