We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 6:14

I think they should have the WWE title for main eventers, the IC belt for upper midcarders and the US belt for lower midcarders, like the European belt back in the late 90s.

I miss when they used to do the match splash screens with the moving clips of the wrestlers instead of the static pictures, like this example from Mania XX.

Also, sadface:

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 Q652qWK
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 7:30

Aye those were pretty neat, why the sadface at that Bryan picture?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 7:35

It's a comic making fun of the fact he's getting the best crowd reactions but was shafted in the main event in favour of the Big Show.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 7:42

Oh I thought you were hinting at something much worse Laughing #EarlyMornings #NoSleep #ThisIsntTwitterJaster #Hashtag
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 9:53

Yeah that makes more sense for the titles Jay, also Jas history again lol

Also this isn't the 1st time the world title has been on the line where the wwe champ could win it and even another champ could of won it as well. Anyone know which match I mean.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 23:39

They have to unify the titles, it should have been done long ago, I certainly held the WHC match in higher regard than I did the WWE match at Survivor Series purely because the competitors and feud were both more believable and interesting but these sort of things shouldn't be happening, it just makes sense to have one main title. Can see the belt switch happening myself at TLC and then perhaps a proper unification at RR.

Anyone else also annoyed by the Wyatt's taking away Bryan which to me seems like a lazy way to keep him out of the way until a Royal Rumble return, he may be there on Smackdown of course but I can't see it after the way they've overlooked him lately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 0:01

Well, according to WWE.com (and I'm paraphrasing here, but the point will come across the same) the Wyatts just chucked Daniel Bryan out into the parking lot outside the arena. Screams of "uhhh, we shouldn't have wrote that, fuck".
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 2:31

JayMoyles wrote:
It's a comic making fun of the fact he's getting the best crowd reactions but was shafted in the main event in favour of the Big Show.
Isn't it saying that the fans like Bryan, but management don't?

masofdas wrote:
Also this isn't the 1st time the world title has been on the line where the wwe champ could win it and even another champ could of won it as well. Anyone know which match I mean.
How could we remember forget?

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 13:49

I've never seen that before... but KEVIN FEDERLINE REALLY?! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:58

YOU LUCKY SOD! Razz K-Fed even beat John Cena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFp8S9xyB0I

Future WWE Hall of Famer for sure Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 16:12

The sad thing is, he genuinely probably will get into the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame.

EDIT: Here's a fun quiz - which of these were real WWE storylines?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 0:13

Here's something I laughed at - a list of names talked about when casting the 11th Doctor, including a familiar name at the very end.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/trivia?item=tr0789483

EDIT: Howdy all. WWE just posted a Rookie of the Year poll, which is for folk who debuted over the past year. I reckon this would be a good time to start our GNAMER SLAMMY AWARDS or whatever.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/polls/who-do-you-think-was-2013s-rookie-of-the-year

So, who do you reckon debuted and performed the best this year? For the sake of making this a bit more in-depth, we'll not consider the Shield a single entity like WWE did, but as three people - same with the Wyatts (so TCK can tell us all Bray is the drizzling shits Winky Face )
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 9:47

Just caught the highlights of RAW on WWE's YouTube page. A few things stand out.

1. What the hell are WWE going to close the show with next week? That was a go-home angle. This reminds me of the build-up for WrestleMania 27, when Rock and Cena ran out of things to say and do weeks before the PPV. It's obviously just one week this time, but still...

2. Two handicap matches on the PPV? That's a bit lazy.

3. I noticed how much better Sin Cara looked than in a long time in his match against Alberto Del Rio. There must have been a reason for this, and it turns out there was: it was Hunico under the mask, not Mistico. He was sharp, athletic and determined in a way that Mistico hasn't been since his debut. After two injury-ridden, blown-spot-infested years with virtually nothing to show for them, there's no chance WWE will be keeping on Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde's megabucks contract. However, it makes a lot of sense to keep on the cheaper Hunico's contract. He's got potential, the gimmick still has potential, and match quality shouldn't be an issue, seeing as Hunico is far more adaptable with the current WWE roster than Mistico is. This new Sin Cara is someone who can make a difference in WWE. Smart move.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 16:07

Reportedly they're building to a Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio match at Mania, so this is probably why Hunico was drafted in. He was Fake Sin Cara a couple of years ago, right?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:03

He was. Many behind the scenes are expecting Mistico will be axed soon, can't blame them for keeping the Sin Cara gimmick though, it's a pretty easy one to get over with fans.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

1. What the hell are WWE going to close the show with next week? That was a go-home angle. This reminds me of the build-up for WrestleMania 27, when Rock and Cena ran out of things to say and do weeks before the PPV. It's obviously just one week this time, but still...
It's Slammy week, so it could be anything, might even be something not relating to the unification match. I'd wager it being Orton and Cena on top of a ladder, each holding their title at an awkward angle (so the hard camera can pick it up, that'll look real nice on the build-up montage at TLC).

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
2. Two handicap matches on the PPV? That's a bit lazy.
Thought this too. Was expecting it to be Daniel Bryan VS Bray Wyatt, until Korporate Kane stepped in and made the 3 on 1.

I quite enjoyed Raw overall. I'd like the Titus O'Neil vomiting angle to go away very quickly.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:07

I'm enjoying how they seem to be already elevating the IC championship by having those "probably should win the WHC one day, not a hope in hell of the WWE championship" guys go after it in Sandow and Ziggler. I'm expecting the US belt to get hotfooted around your Fandangos, Wade Barretts and such whilst your Zigglers, Langstons, Rybacks go for the IC belt.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:09

Yep he was indeed and back then folk often said he was the better sin cara, I thought he was a bit sloppy on his return to be honest & wwe could've have chosen someone better but they seem desparate to make the character work.

Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:23

Battleground in October was the second lowest drawing PPV in WWE's history, only 35,000 buys ahead of the infamous December to Dismember PPV of 2006(?)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:33

The_Jaster wrote:
I thought he was a bit sloppy on his return to be honest
I thought so too, but at least he finished a match unlike Sin Cara's last return...

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Battleground in October was the second lowest drawing PPV in WWE's history, only 35,000 buys ahead of the infamous December to Dismember PPV of 2006(?)
Not surprising - that was the worst PPV of recent memory and only the Rhodes/Shield match saved it from being totally abysmal.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 17:57

Of course best debut was ECIII.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 19:09

His theme music is ridiculously catchy.

Best debut of the year has to be either Roman Reigns or Sami Zayn. Reigns, whilst initially the least impressive member of the Shield has improved so much over his first year on the roster and I can easily picture him as a main eventer this time next year. Sami Zayn was just an effortless debut, and he'll be a big name in the years to come.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 19:15

Zayn does seem good, I also like Ambrose also wasn't Sandow this year.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 19:23

Damien Sandow debuted in April 2012. I'd nominate Seth Rollins for debut of the year, not the member of The Shield that stands out the most, but he's the engine room of the group, don't think people quite appreciate how good he is at the moment.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 19:46

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 Gifs_17
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 20:05

That .gif is top. Laughing 

Dusty Knackers wrote:
I'd nominate Seth Rollins for debut of the year, not the member of The Shield that stands out the most, but he's the engine room of the group, don't think people quite appreciate how good he is at the moment.
I agree that without Rollins the Shield wouldn't click, but he's not has his standout moment yet. Ambrose had the singles push, a match with the freaking Undertaker and kills it on the mic every time he's handed it. Reigns has been a straight-up hoss spearing bastards left and right, and of course there was Survivor Series. Comparatively, Rollins hasn't done too much beyond a couple of killer matches with Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next