We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 11:45

I would be up for slammy award's,

I've started watching NXT, it's so good but now I'm watching RAW, SD, NXT & Impact. So much wrestling.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 14:02

Glad you're watching NXT, it's my favourite wrestling show every week. Although adding Alex tossing Riley as a commentator has been a shit ove, considering he spends a lot of his time going "Well, when me and the Miz did this..." or "Gee, that reminds of this time with The Miz".

Although, William Regal beautifully shut him up this week when he was harping on about why Regal is the one who gets asked the technical questions: "It’s 30 years and 44 countries of experience or 200 matches and carrying the Miz’s bags. That’s probably something to do with it."
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 14:11

Of what I've seen of NXT, women's wrestling is better then what's on the main shows and liking Aidan English and Sami Zayn.

Hasn't Tensai been on commentary.

If we do slammys maybe best up and comer or who we want to see on RAW might be worth a category.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 15:04

Yeah, Tensai was on commentary. Their best announce team so far has been Tom Phillips, Regal and Renee Young.

Sounds like a good shout. I'm not doing this as awards by any stretch of the imagination - what I'll probably do is post throughout December asking folks who their favourite wrestler is or what their favourite match was and so on.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 16:08

Can I vote for Bray Wyatt as the worst wrestler of this or any other year?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 16:10

You can, although you'll be depriving poor Khali of his only chance at gold.

Oh, and the award for weirdest wrestling thing of the week goes to this: here's Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle getting pinned by a member of One Direction.

(it's not actually him wrestling, btw, editing trickery is afoot here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9_zfeu2KiY
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 16:16

Not true - Khali Vs Fandango was my feud of the year, his alliance with Santino was my tag team of the year and his recent WWE merch video was my promo of the year.

I saw that Angle/1D video earlier. I wonder why TNA didn't promote the fuck out of that. 90% of the people watching that won't have heard of TNA, and that's easily the biggest celebrity tie-in in wrestling in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 16:26

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I saw that Angle/1D video earlier. I wonder why TNA didn't promote the fuck out of that. 90% of the people watching that won't have heard of TNA, and that's easily the biggest celebrity tie-in in wrestling in a long time.
Because its TNA and they don't have a clue...?

RE: The Slammys (the GNammys?): perhaps we could borrow some of the categories from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards? Some good categories here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling_Observer_Newsletter_awards

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 16:52

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Much bigger than Florida Country State Adventure or whoever was on RAW last week.

Sounds like a plan. I think we should wait till after WWE's TLC PPV before we start discussing our favourites for definite, as there's usually a cracker or two on those PPVs. I was thinking along the lines of pulling from preexisting awards, aye.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:18

Going back to the earlier discussion about highlight packages, here's three that we completely forgot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onBAA5vmpfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrp5aX5-6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAd73urqsgg

I watched all three of those so much on videotape. That first one is a classic, and I remember getting goosebumps while watching that second package on RAW. Powerful stuff.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 23:14

That IC one is great. Crazy to think Chyna was IC champion back then.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 17:08

The day after yet another below par PPV, which had one or two good moments. Not sure what else there is to say about Survivor Series really. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 17:15

I'm really growing disillusioned with WWE. Since Night of Champions I've been enjoying it less and less.

I only really enjoyed the opening match with Roman Reigns killing four men with spears and Seth Rollins crushing an Uso with his foot. The Punk/Bryan match was okay, but I couldn't give a toss about the rest of the card. The prospect of a Cena/Orton feud does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 17:58

Just caught Survivor Series on Dailymotion. Nothing to report. I try to look at these things positively, but there isn't really any reason to get excited over WWE at the moment. You could have WWE PPV's which, although none of the results mattered, delivered in the ring. Match quality has generally taken a nose-dive over the last few months. Punk, Bryan, The Shield and perhaps the Rhodes' aside, the performances generally aren't consistently up to much.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 18:07

^
Totally agree with the above. I'd include the Real Americans and the Usos into that list of consistency too.

The only positive I can take from WWE over the past few months is that the tag team scene is looking as good as it has in a long time. The Rhodes Brothers's redemption was one of the best storylines in a while, because it was uncomplicated, there were clear cut faces and heels and the match quality was brilliant. It was easy to get invested in it. By contrast WWE shat all over Daniel Bryan and the main event scene by muddying it with this authority/face of the company bullshit. When they started spaffing legalese during a Big Show segment a few weeks ago, that was evidence of how badly they cocked up a good thing.

Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 18:20

As I said ages ago, and I'll keep saying, having to bend the Daniel Bryan-Authority storyline to fit in with the pay-per-view schedule completely fucked things up, it gave us screwy title changes and PPV finishes and a cluttered story. Remember SummerSlam? Remember how good that felt? Ahhh...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 18:25

Man, I was so happy watching SummerSlam. Lesnar/Punk, Cena/Bryan, Del Rio/Christian... and the aftermath where they had me hook line and sinker, great stuff.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 19:00

Dusty Knackers wrote:
As I said ages ago, and I'll keep saying, having to bend the Daniel Bryan-Authority storyline to fit in with the pay-per-view schedule completely fucked things up, it gave us screwy title changes and PPV finishes and a cluttered story. Remember SummerSlam? Remember how good that felt? Ahhh...
SummerSlam seems like ancient history now. I was optimistic about things in WWE back then. I can't be the only one who thought that the WWE Championship saga should have ended at Survivor Series as a Deadly Games-style tournament, not...well, whenever it did, I can't even remember!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 20:40

Aye, that would have made for a more resounding finale. How would you have booked it?

I'd have probably had it as a best of 16 with the first round matches taking place on RAW. That means you've got 7 solid matches for Survivor Series. Let's assume that there's a bunch of folk in feuds of their own - The Wyatts, John Cena, Del Rio, Rhodes and Goldust, The Usos, Reigns/Rollins and CM Punk - all of them are otherwise disposed with feuds of their own over tag belts and world titles.

This would be my bracket, I tried to keep it face vs heel as much as possible: http://challonge.com/ulrdujab

Round One (on Raw): I'd have Randy squash R-Truth. You could do the Ryback/Henry bit from Survivor Series with the same result next. Then Show can knock out Sandow. I'm putting Dean Ambrose in the Big Boss Man position of one of the Corporate Favourites. Randy's in the doghouse with Haitch and Steph, so he doesn't get preferential treatment. So, with some help from the Shield, Ambrose can take out The Miz. Bryan mauls Axel, and Ziggler can put on a decent match with Swagger. Cesaro can pulverise Kofi, and Big E can look strong and chuck about Khali.

Round Two (at Survivor Series): Randy can take out Henry with a little bit of difficulty. The Shield can try and take out Show, but he gets to look tough and kill them all with his big ham fist. Bryan can put on a potential match of the night with Ziggler in a sort of "we respect each other, let's put on a hell of a performance. Big E and Cesaro can have a "WHO IS STRONGER" match, and I figure I'd put Cesaro over to avoid two face vs face matches.

Round Three: Orton/Big Show can go largely how it went at Survivor Series. With Ambrose out, Haitch and Steph throw all their eggs into the Orton basket. Bryan and Cesaro can put on another show stealer, but Bryan perseveres and wins.

Final: Bryan/Orton can be a well fought match, but then Haitch tries to interfere. Big Show can come out for the save, setting up their feud and Bryan wins the belt. I was swithering who to have win here, but in the end I decided he'd have been chasing the belt long enough.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 21:00

JayMoyles wrote:
Aye, that would have made for a more resounding finale. How would you have booked it?

Cesaro victory, natch.

I'd have went to town with a big 32-man tournament. I definitely would have booked it to rehabilitate a few guys, like Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Damien Sandow. I'd give El Torito a first-round win over Ryback, just for giggles. I'd have Cesaro go over CM Punk in the final. Yes: Cesaro would be my 'Face of the WWE', with CM Punk - arguably the company's hottest babyface - in pursuit of the belt until WrestleMania.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 21:19

I almost went with a Punk/Bryan final - that would have been a barnstormer.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who reckons Cesaro should be main eventing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 11:53

Finally there doing it WWE Champ V World Champ both belts on the line, I'm actually excited to see Orton V Cena. Now just unify the IC & US.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 15:27

You're probably the only person I've heard who's excited about that. I don't even know if they're being unified - Haitch and Steph took special care to say "both belts on the line", not "title unification". They'll probably end up switching belts or something goofy like that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 15:50

Yeah as both belts there, cena could grab wwe then randy kicks the ladder, cena falls off then randy goes up and get's the world title.

I don't know if they will be unified maybe the winner could be called undisputed champion. I'm more excited to see the belts be on one person it was okay to have two titles when the two shows were separated but as they aren't now, they should be one main guy not two.

If it was just Cena v Orton with out what could make wrestling history, this would be my excitement level Sleep 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 5:58

Wrestling history? Laughing 

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 4123796

----

As for the TLC title match if it doesn't end with a unified champion it will be even more odd than it already is it just all feels like its happening at the wrong time, but the positives of them doing it are there for example one title for all main eventers to fight over should bring more varied feuds & less strain on the roster when MitB rolls around.

As for the IC/US titles I don't think the interest is there to unify those, it'd be better for them to concentrate on bringing more meaningful matches/feuds first (like the ones in the video TCK posted) & with one wwe champion that could fall into place as you could have some main eventers pick up those titles (like stone cold did late in his career) & bring back a little prestige to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next