We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptySat 16 Nov 2013 - 16:32

Laughing Goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 21:20

Get Dave Meltzer on the phone, we have our Match of the Year right here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJHOcVqsPaA&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 21:34

It's disappointing that those fans weren't able to witness anything from Nikolai Volkoff's famed ariel arsenal on that night.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:25

Match of the year? I think it's up against some stiff competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMo8dZcm6ao

(Features my favourite run-in in pro wrestling history)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 1:38

Christ...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 8:37

That's... THAT'S GOTTA BE CLONE'S CLONE!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 10:55

If you read the YT comments both have been wrestling for about 8 years, not sure if wrestling why you were kids count's. But living dead girl has wrestled in Japan including against Velvet Sky.

Talking about TNA, turning point is soon and seems weird as it's a PPV without a World Title match because of the whole AJ story. But if I was running TNA I would of had all the World Title Tournament at turning point like king of the ring used to be, and crowned the winner there and then. But no it's being done in bit's, so I think the main event of Turning Point is Bully v Anderson Club v Career no dq match.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 16:37

Missed a trick not going for the whole Deadly Games Survivor Series style tournament, as you said.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 20:13

That main event on raw was quality, all invloved are easily some the best wrestlers on the roster.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 20:30

That was a surprisingly good RAW - better than I expected from a RAW dubbed "RAW Country". Big E's victory and the complete surprise debut of Xavier Woods were highlights.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 21:01

I caught some of RAW on the WWE app this morning. A few things:

1. I ruddy love Rey Mysterio. There, I said it. It's not a popular view on the internet and with many of the WWE-following mates, but he's one of the greatest ever.

2. Glad to see Big E. Langston win the Intercontinental Championship. It was rudderless with Curtis Axel holding it.

3. That's Curtis Axel f**ked now, isn't it? Without Heyman or the title, the only way is down.

4. The Miz turned heel: about time, but I think the damage has already been done. I think his WWE Championship reign will be looked back on as some sort of mad aberration ten years from now.

5. Wonder what Ryback done? Someone back there doesn't like him.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 22:26

I could easily see Miz creeping back up the card - a feud with Cena may lie in his future.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 0:37

Hope not as he's a load of shite, Cesaro hit the nail on the head when he said: "you're only bothered with being famous" & it shows in his move set which hasn't changed much since Miz's debut. (If at all)

As for Ryback he's just a flat out boring "big man" who will be outdone by Big E.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 1:47

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
1. I ruddy love Rey Mysterio. There, I said it. It's not a popular view on the internet and with many of the WWE-following mates, but he's one of the greatest ever.
I've never had a problem with Mysterio, I think the reason many smart fans do is because he's become very popular with children - normally why older fans turn on someone. Also, because he hasn't developed or changed much over the years may add to the hatred for him. I find it sad that as he gets older, his style of working is becoming more difficult for him. You'd have to think he's on his last run, any more injuries surely mean the end of his career (especially in his troubled knee)

3. That's Curtis Axel f**ked now, isn't it? Without Heyman or the title, the only way is down.
I'd think so. Solid worker, but missing that little spark that makes a decent performer in to a great performer. Be interested to see where WWE place him now.

4. The Miz turned heel: about time, but I think the damage has already been done. I think his WWE Championship reign will be looked back on as some sort of mad aberration ten years from now.
I wondered a few weeks back if Miz would turn heel and link up with The Authority, he's a much better fit for a corporate champion than Randy Orton is, and I could easily see Miz taking Orton's spot. Miz is one of those guys who should have never been a face (see also, Alberto Del Rio), looking forward to a heel run from him (and fuck that Figure Four off).

5. Wonder what Ryback done? Someone back there doesn't like him.
Been a completely miserable fuck by the sounds of it, also WWE think his ring work has regressed, and he's not making the effort to improve. Read earlier that he'd been using the Jackhammer and the Spear on live events, something which he didn't ask to do beforehand, that could land him in some trouble. Whatever happened to The Nexus' Skip Sheffield who many thought was an absolute beast, and should have been pushed to the moon?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 7:48

Turning Ryback heel when he was massively over then feeding him to Cena was a terrible move.

Here's a question for you all - what's your favourite video package?

Mine's is either The Miz's Wrestlemania 27 promo which is probably the pinnacle of his career so far or The Undertaker/Shawn Michaels one from Wrestlemania 26.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 6:15

I don't know if many will beat that Taker & HBK package, I remember being quite upset when he was eliminated in that rumble match too.....nothing better than when wrestling gets you so invested.

*goes to search YouTube*
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 6:39

Found one Grin http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CaMHbrEfUc4
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 11:59

Do I have everybody's attention now?

Great promo hyping up a GREAT match.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 12:09

Yeah that's an amazing promo.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 17:03

Tsk. Everyone's wrong but me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25Q6u2PSv4
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 20:09

Aye, I was close to posting that one too. Cracker to wrap up the Rock/Austin Wrestlemania series.

Would anyone be interested in doing our own Slammy awards next month? I'd love to hear what all you folks's favourite things from wrestling this year.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013 - 2:05

Could do, how serious/jokey would it be? Can't imagine five (or however many regulars this thread has) will make for a good private voting system, but we could discuss different categories and try and decide some winners I guess.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013 - 10:10

I think a couple of serious categories like Match of the Year, Wrestler of the Year then the rest could be jokey, like Great Khali Match of the Year or what have you.

To be honest, it doesn't even need to be a vote - I'm more looking to have a discussion and see what everyone's favourite matches etc. were.

EDIT: Don't know if you've been following Scott Hall's recovery story, but here's a recent match where he plays a managerial role. His son is in it, and looks pretty good for a guy who's wrestled less than ten matches. Also, fun fact - the mystery masked man is apparently Buff Bagwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkVHMSsL8R8
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 1:46

I can go along with that, think this thread is at its best when things are just thrown out to be discussed, lets do it!

What's that y'say? You need a video of every Tombstone that The Undertaker has ever done on TV? Right here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJivXAV-ZHY
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 13:18

The Tombstones where he jumps into them... Brutal stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next