We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 19:24

So I've not watched HITC but the WWE App spoiled it, thanks WWE. I was watching impact this afternoon there was a bigger crowd there then at PPV, there doing the Punk angle but with AJ styles leaving with the world title. Anyway they've announced UK PPV's which is cool but the big news is

TNA is for sale
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 19:39

HIAC was alright, I'd give it a 6/10. Great tag match, and another contrived ending to the PPV.

As for the TNA thing, reckon we could all chuck in a tenner for it? Also, AJ defending the title in Japan is what WWE should have done with Punk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 19:51

Yeah, it's cool that they've got this partnership with Japanese promotion to continue the story. I know WWE tried with Cody Rhodes recently, but would of been cool if Punk at the time defend somewhere else. TNA are doing a tournament to determine a new world champ which will set up champ v champ.

Viacom is the favs to buy TNA as it's one of the highest ratings on Spike.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 12:32

I realized the other day Cena is 14 time champ (11 WWE, 3 WHC) now passing Triple H's 13 (8 WWE, 5 WHC) and could pass Flair's 16.  

Also I was watching Wrestle Talk who do rumors across the bottom with one being that WWE are going to scrap Battleground & Hell in the Cell for Bash at the Beach which seems daft because that was WCW's summerslam we don't need two summerslams, great american bash would be better. With the other being War Games, I don't know which format they would use but I'm hoping this though, could see team authority v team wwe or something

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 14:04

I had that Triple Cage Match on tape!

~

Nice of Daniel Bryan to leave The Big Show to get his arse kicked after all those times Big Show came to his rescue.

Also, it should be no surprise to anyone who reads this thread regularly as to how dismayed I am that The Wyatt Family are feuding with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Fair enough if Harper and Rowan's performances have improved, but I could list at least thirty male WWE wrestlers who justify a prominent position on the roster more than Wyatt does. He should have been dropped after that SummerSlam Inferno match and the gimmick gone to someone else.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:48

I think Harper's going to be the breakout star from the Wyatts. He's an impressive big man and if you watch NXT you'll see on this week he can talk well too.

Oh, and Citizen Kane is AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:54

Went bed last night after the 6 man tag and from the looks of it it was a good choice (wat a great match that was by the was), hopefully the show/hhh fued doesn't go on longer than Survivor series, not only did it kill off Bryan's momentum but the WWE title picture doesn't seem to be going anywhere now.

I've also been impressed by Harper, that clothesline Love
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:59

From what I've heard, WWE doesn't plan to bring Bryan back into the title picture until Mania. I think the likely plan is that they'll have him win the Rumble then go on to win on the big stage and finish up the Bryan vs. Authority storyline. It means we'll have a few months of Show vs. Orton/HHH, which is going to SUCK. Bryan is the hottest thing at WWE right now, and taking him out of the main event (and Punk too for that matter) is really going to cool him off.

OH, and this is awesome:

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 XPQoy36
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 12:45

Corporate Kane is just weird.

Punk & Bryan together is just the best.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 1:11

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I had that Triple Cage Match on tape!

~

Nice of Daniel Bryan to leave The Big Show to get his arse kicked after all those times Big Show came to his rescue.

Also, it should be no surprise to anyone who reads this thread regularly as to how dismayed I am that The Wyatt Family are feuding with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Fair enough if Harper and Rowan's performances have improved, but I could list at least thirty male WWE wrestlers who justify a prominent position on the roster more than Wyatt does. He should have been dropped after that SummerSlam Inferno match and the gimmick gone to someone else.
To be honest apart from Kane Bray Wyatt hasn't had the best folk to work with in fact its mainly been roster members no one cares about anymore, if anyone can bring out his best it is Bryan & Punk.

Oh the repositioning of Kane with the Authority also killed a feud that hadn't really got started as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 3:01

I've vouched for Bray before because he impressed the hell out of me on NXT. But if he can't perform well with Bryan and Punk, arguably the two best wrestlers on the WWE roster, then he's lost me as a fan.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 21:27

If that happens I'd still like the character but it'd be just plain wrong to end up preferring Harper's in ring ability when's he's meant to be a lacky.

Elsewhere I'm liking the push Big E is getting he's probably the best big man they've had in years.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 21:48

I think Harper will be the breakout star from the Wyatts. He's very impressive.

Here's a video from his indie days that never gets old.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 21:59

If Wyatt is able to keep up with the pace of Bryan and Punk's long, complicated matches and allows himself to be carried, then I might give him a little bit of credit. I just feel that he's really out of his depth. Credit to WWE for booking him strongly and making him look like a threat against Punk, Bryan and the rest, but there's no drama here - it's a feud he isn't going to win, simply because Punk and Bryan (scripted or not) are just better in every way.

~

Big E Langston is money. I just hope WWE doesn't 'Ryback' him.

~

Is anybody reading going to any of the WWE shows in the UK this month? I'm not, but I'm maybe going to try and catch an event next year - I haven't been to any since Glasgow in 2008/2009 (Cena & someone VS Edge & Big Show was the main event).

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:34

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Big E Langston is money. I just hope WWE doesn't 'Ryback' him.

~

Is anybody reading going to any of the WWE shows in the UK this month? I'm not, but I'm maybe going to try and catch an event next year - I haven't been to any since Glasgow in 2008/2009 (Cena & someone VS Edge & Big Show was the main event).

Langston is really witty too - his Twitter is great.

And sadly I'm not, but I'd love to go along next year, would be a great event.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 17:24

Apologies for the double post, but I have to bring your attention to this.

If it doesn't automatically skip ahead, then jump to 13:08 for some Nintendo/WWE crossover brilliance.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 0:48

Next years tour would be a good place for a GNamer meet up.

Looks like that vid has been blocked now Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 7:09

Totally would! I heard Drew McIntyre was getting a "Daniel Bryan" response in Glasgow. Laughing 

Ah shit - here's a mirror. I've no idea how to link directly to the point in the video on Dailymotion, so it's 13:08. If you've never watched Botchamania before though, I'd recommend it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 20:57

Laughing someone sent me this on twitter recently

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBXHbTgjVKk
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 21:29

Hahahaha, that bloody Candy Crush bit. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 17:17

Next year's WWE UK tour dates, for those interested:

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 5AF9ax5
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 20:44

Following on from the Botchamania clip above...

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 BYqG8nnCcAEsGTG

Also, came across this last night, this is some of the best wrestler-fan interaction I've ever seen in wrestling.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2013 - 1:42

I was absolutely gutted today in work seeing wrestling fans walking through Manchester, really should have got tickets and to make matters worse they're not even coming back to Manchester for the next tour.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2013 - 5:06

Dusty Knackers wrote:
came across this last night, this is some of the best wrestler-fan interaction I've ever seen in wrestling.
That was amazing! I really need to go back and watch some old ROH - seeing Punk, Bryan, Generico, Chris Hero, Samoa Joe and the rest tear up would be amazing.

On another note, that video's got me really excited for Sami Zayn's inevitable debut.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 EmptySat 16 Nov 2013 - 15:21

Well, that's it guys. Nothing in wrestling can top this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next