We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. U/3D

Go down 
+27
fronkhead
Zaphod_B
Sentinator
Sylveon
Rum
Cube
Solve My Maze
SquidgyGoat
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
masofdas
Reggie Fils-Aime
nupkin
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Athrun888
shanks
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 12:30

It's got four, which was the same as last time. Trainer's more or less got the boot, not sure about Jigglypuff, and I don't expect Mewtwo at this stage with all the Lucario emphasis. I'd be happier with Lucario gone and someone else in its place, but I'm not bothered by the number. Not when there are at least six (Wario's not been shown yet) Mario characters and four (Ganondorf's not been shown yet) Zelda ones. These are Nintendo's three biggest franchises, even if you don't like them!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 12:43

I meant 4 too many Razz
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:10

How can you diss the ultimate mon of badassery that is greninja!?  Greninja is the best there ever was!

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 Jciefjy1utflL
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:19

I've just never been into pokemon, I don't hate it as I've never played one before but I just can't get excited for a character I know nothing about, I do however like them as assist Trophies.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:21

You just want something from Monster Hunter
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:33

Despite liking pokemon, I don't get the over representation. I mean, I highly doubt they would leave Jigglypuff out of the game after appearing in every other game in the series. The sleep move is too legendary to leave out.

At first I thought Lucario was re-admitted because he now has a mega-evolution, yet Charizard has now been announced so Lucario seems quite redundant in terms of series representation, especially next to Greninja. I mean come on he is sooooo Gen 4  Rolling Eyes .

I'm glad transformations are gone, I didn't like playing as the characters with them because I liked one but not the other. I was surprised to see Zero suit Samus and Sheik make the cut though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:40

shanks wrote:
You just want something from Monster Hunter

I do & I think these chaps would fit in well.

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlwt3d5gssCaCY1LF67k2lVWCqA_kSVRWui7kKC01aW2vfl4EVoHPB5w

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK5vGVHhoy6LmkZWIz_QNiGTNbxrgf8vyJOlIls9IZYgqkRhu7tbEiDX4

Also some assist trophies would work quite well in my opinion, like being jump by a pack of baggi's that put you to sleep.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:47

I'm glad Zero suit Samus is back
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 15:22

I really liked the assist trophies. To see Midna and Skull Kid was awesome, and WarioWare's Ashley was a nice surprise. Of course I agree that the Pong one looks brilliant.

I liked that Direct a lot. I was pretty ambivalent to either version, but now I'm excited to play the 3DS version - I liked the look of the "look for powerups, THEN fight" mode, and it's great to see that the fighters will be running at 60fps.

Greninja I thought was a weird addition - out of all the Pokemon, why Greninja in particular? - but I don't really care either way. Looks like it'll be fun to play as the Wii Fit Trainer too although knowing me I imagine I'll spend most of my time just planking along the floor.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 15:24

Poképinions:

Like I said above, Pokémon is one of Nintendo's three biggest franchises, and it has lots of characters. Fine if you don't like it (or don't care about it), but to expect few or no representatives from it is like expecting the same thing from Mario or Zelda.

As for the precise Pokémon, the latest generation was going to get a representative, only it doesn't really have a standout 'Mon in the way previous generations have (Victini maybe?) beyond Mega-Evolutions. Because of that, and because it looks fun to play as (splash no jutsu!), I'm very happy with Greninja. Pikachu is the series' mascot, so it's going to be in; and Charizard is the most popular of the Trainer's monsters, so it makes sense to have it replacing Red.

I've moaned about Lucario before. I suppose it has the most recognisable Mega-Evolution, but Mewtwo's was announced first and is the star of a film. Plus, Mewtwo is more powerful than lucky Luke. So I don't see why Mewtwo, or indeed another Pokémon (from generations three or five, perhaps?), couldn't have taken its place. Jigglypuff is more iconic within the franchise, but I don't think it brings much to the table that Kirby (floating) or Luigi (freakishly powerful close-range attack) can't do, so I'd be okay with it gone.

But as the roster slowly increases, it'd make sense for the number of Pokémon to do the same, like the Mario characters have done. Especially because Pokémon essentially lost two fighters since Brawl in Squirtle and Ivysaur. So I reckon we could see one more, and it wouldn't be too unreasonable to expect it. Unfortunately, for the reasons Vido gives, that one may well be Jigglypuff.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 15:35

Unfortunately!? You forget that Jigglypuff now represents the fairy type I'd say that warrants a new move-set.

As to Jaster's suggestion, Cha-Cha would be hilarious and his antics do fit in well with the nature of the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 15:38

If they changed the moveset completely then that'd be a different matter.  Of course, by that point they might as well change the character model to another one of the fairies (Togekiss, perhaps); but I'd be much more keen on Lucario if it looked like they'd changed anything about him bar his general power level and Final Smash.

Regarding Jaster's idea, I think the fact that I have no idea who Cha-Cha is says a lot.  I feel that while obscure Nintendo characters are fine, third-party characters should be instantly recognisable to the vast majority of Nintendo fans before they enter Smash. Even Sony-boy Snake had that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 16:28

It'll be interesting to see how Greninja handles in play, and you can colour me happy about the non-switching in play. That used to wind me up.

Smash, like Mario Kart, is one of those franchises that I'm not that bothered about anymore... but against all odds, my anticipation levels are rising. There must be more character reveals to come: it is about time we had Mii, at least, and what about Chibi-Robo? As it's me, Paper Mario gets a mention, because he could be fantastic.

The staggered release dates could go either way, although the 3DS one is now looking way more appealing (which it didn't before - SSFIV3DE taught me that I prefer my fighters on a TV screen).

tl;dr: Hooray and hurrah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 16:55

Another reason why Greninja looks brilliant:

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 Tumblr_n3qkods4Ke1qfypgto1_500
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:15

It still needs more K.Rool and Metroid in it. Zero Samus is good but we all saw her coming. Because of the type of enemies I doubt Samus will ever have playable villains unless they clone her with SA-X. Space pirates?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:36

Just watched the direct, I like I can play SMASH in the summer when there's nothing else really out and I will get both versions of the game. But I feel it should of been the other way around. As I can see people going why do I need the Wii U version and buy a Wii U when I can just play it on my 3DS and get near enough the same experience.

As I've barely played Brawl, Zero Suit Samus looks decent also I saw a Mega Man Assist trophy I think where's the more Sonic/SEGA ones. #

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 21:10

Was there a Sonic assist trophy in Brawl? I can't remember. Tails?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 21:11

Shadow. Slowed time. Since we've seen Elec-Man, I imagine there'll be one from the Sonic series too.

Also Windy Hill stage is looking pretty good. Much more interesting than the rather dull Green Hill Zone from Brawl.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 21:17

Elec-Man was great. Mega Man really is a solid fit for Smash, isn't he?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 22:08

Yeah! There was something unexplainably exciting about Mega Man's extended moveset being listed with a subtitle "from this robot, from this robot, from this robot..." - they've really done their homework.

Now let's hope Ganon doesn't turn up with a Falcon Punch this time.

EDIT 1: I was going to join in with the "I like and I do not like" but I thought I liked all of it. Then I remembered that the 3DS version is available soon, and the WiiU one might scrape Christmas. It's not that I don't like that as such (I'm gonna buy both, because I'm an idiot) but, like you guys have already pointed out, it's not entirely clear why. I assume all graphics are designed for WiiU and scaled down for the 3DS version; plus the 3DS version apparently has additional modes. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

EDIT 2: Not a biggie, cut: Given that Sakurai's got Namco Bandai working on the game, it is surprising that they've not tried to poke some little thing into the game so far (unless I've missed anything). Whether there's butt-hurt because Soul Calibur II HD wasn't on the WiiU (Link I assume would've appeared) I dunno.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 22:30

Jimbob wrote:
Yeah! There was something unexplainably exciting about Mega Man's extended moveset being listed with a subtitle "from this robot, from this robot, from this robot..." - they've really done their homework.

I was surprised at seeing Marvel vs Capcom namedropped too.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 2:13

Well as anyone that read my New Year's predictions knows, I expected the Wii U version to be released first. However, this does make sense.

The 3DS actually needs help, as its announced games line up is pretty barren this year. The sales in Japan particularly have diminished so that the Vita is almost snapping at its heels.

If the Wii U version had released first or released at the same time as the 3DS version, nobody would have bothered buying the lesser version. As a result of the staggered release, I'm buying both.

Also, Greninja is awesome! Ken Sugimori of Pokemon fame did some amazing Smash artwork.

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 Illust-modal
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 3:17

Balladeer wrote:
Regarding Jaster's idea, I think the fact that I have no idea who Cha-Cha is says a lot. I feel that while obscure Nintendo characters are fine, third-party characters should be instantly recognisable to the vast majority of Nintendo fans before they enter Smash. Even Sony-boy Snake had that.

That part in bold could easily apply to greninja, upon on the reveal I had no clue it was even a pokemon but anyhow I just thought cha-cha/kayamba was fun idea to throw out there & was the only one from the MH world that would actually work in my opinion.

I'd even settle for them being assist trophies.

P.S

If it wasn't clear I was joking about Pokemon in my earlier posts, except greninja as he's just fucking weird. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 7:42

I knew you'd say that, hence my next sentence. Tongue And I won't deny that Greninja is weird: it wears its tongue as a scarf. But we're long overdue a ninja-like character in Smash. Think of it as Taki minus the stupid outfit and plus a stupid scarf.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 8:05

I would have though the Goat would have been all pissed about Mario riding him come to think of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. U/3D
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next