We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 22:46

Saitama being infallible is kind of the point.

I recently rewatched Kill la Kill and I liked it a lot more than my first watchthrough. I was too distracted comparing it to Gurren Lagann and other shows and took issue with aspects of it like the comic relief which I found annoying.

But it was just so fun and creative with a lot of well choreographed and animated action. I guess it also helped not being drip fed it week after week since I watched it when it first came out. The relentless pace of the show is more suited to a session of watching a few episodes at a time.

Will say the ending was a bit typical shonen but I suppose with the way it escalates it's hard to end it any other way. But it did hit me in the feels (haven't watched that OVA yet though).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 10:48

I've been thinking of going back to that, I watched it when it first came to Netflix and loved it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 18:58

Kriken wrote:
Saitama being infallible is kind of the point.

Oh yes absolutely, but I like even my comedy animes to have some moderate peril. It looks like Mob's going to have that.

Kill La Kill has been recommended by an asexual friend of mine as being so over-the-top that you can't even get annoyed at the fanservice. As a result I'm kinda tempted, but maybe two anime at a time is enough...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 21:49

Anyone watched Bleach on here? Anyone want to moan with me about the ridiculously paced battle scenes/Rukia being sidelined/Orihime in general?
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2020 - 1:17

Yes. Unfortunately I've seen all of it apart from the filler. Partly because I'm stubborn and don't like dropping series and partly because friends were watching it and I didn't want to be left out.

I agree with you on Rukia and Orihime being sidelined. It just sucks. They throw a bone by showing Rukia being a badass in brief moments later on but then it's back to the sidelines.

Chad gets a raw deal as well. In the 'main crew' only really Ichigo and the quincy guy get a good showing.

The problem also extends to the wider cast as new characters are introduced all the time and they don't get developed properly. Naruto was a little bit better in that regard.

Don't know how far in you are and don't want to spoil much, but I will say I liked the first series. Then there's the following Soul Society arc which seems to be the most popular one, but I kind of enjoyed Hueco Mundo a bit more.

Then it's just...ugh. Also the comic relief is just bad. Tolerable at best.

There are occasionally some great moments and some really good animation, and even a pretty good arc later on, but would not really recommend the series.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2020 - 3:18

My friend who I got my first apartment with loved Bleach. I haven't seen or read any of it though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020 - 19:33

Wait - Orihime gets sidelined later on? So there is some good news! Grin I'm at the start of the Soul Society arc and Orihime's intolerable (apart from that bit where she draws herself in ten years' time, that was gold), and her fairies are even worse. Bring back Rukia! But, er, it looks like they don't. Aww! It started so well too...

On a more positive note, why did your friend like it Buska?
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2020 - 1:58

Well I have some more good news for you because after that arc Orihime's fairies never appear again lol. They don't even explain why but I didn't like them either so can't complain.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2020 - 11:48

I'm an anime VA now.

Balladeer wrote:
On a more positive note, why did your friend like it Buska?

. . . I think she fancied some of the lads?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 22:11

Balladeer wrote:
Anyone watched Bleach on here?  Anyone want to moan with me about the ridiculously paced battle scenes/Rukia being sidelined/Orihime in general?

No, and more importantly, why aren't you posting about MP100? Sulk

I've got a ton of catching up to do with anime as of late. I've been watching Re:Zero Season 2 and it's not grabbing me quite in the same way as S1. There's too many mysteries and not enough answers, which I felt the first season did a better job at juggling the suspense and the reveals. Plus it's missing a lot of the heart and humour that kept what would otherwise be a misery filled time from feeling overwhelming. Hopefully it'll pick up across the latter half of its season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:04

Haven't watched much of it lately in all truth! I don't think I ever posted about the finish of Season 1, but that was very good. Reigen destroying people through sheer charisma. Love Oh, and... they burned a man to death. Kinda grim. Neutral

We then got onto Season 2 and it starts with Mob finding a girlfriend and I just Rolling Eyes . Found it hard to come back from that to be honest.

Kriken wrote:
Well I have some more good news for you because after that arc Orihime's fairies never appear again lol. They don't even explain why but I didn't like them either so can't complain.

Small mercies!

Buskalilly wrote:
I'm an anime VA now.

. . . I think she fancied some of the lads?

Ooh, which anime?

Laughing Okay. Not something that really applies to me. The one who's most my type has been a sulky git so far anyway.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 14:45

Animated TV commercials for my work. I voice a character who looks like one of my colleagues and is named after another.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 17:55

Noice! Although the idea of a writhing screaming fleshy hybrid of all of your colleagues just crept into my mind unbidden... No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:08

Balladeer wrote:

We then got onto Season 2 and it starts with Mob finding a girlfriend and I just Rolling Eyes .  Found it hard to come back from that to be honest.

Awww please stick with it! Reigen has a whole arc in S2 - it's amazing. I only remember the girlfriend shenanigans in the first episode, for what it's worth.

I rewatched Death Note in its entirety as it had been like nine years since I'd seen it and I'd forgotten most of it. Obviously, it's still a total banger but it's a real shame how it loses steam as it nears the end of the show and I do think the L arc ending was rushed. I'm in a classics mood so I think it's time to take on Evangelion.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:23

Yep we're now five episodes in and she hasn't shown back up. Which is... good, I guess? I didn't really like her, but at the same time I don't like her being swept entirely under the rug either. Come to think of it, we haven't really seen much of anyone from Mob's school this season apart from episode one and cameos in 3. ANYWAYS it doesn't matter much because Mob's got colour in his eyes and that fight was belting.

Ah yes, Death Note. I may have said this before, but I watched seven episodes back in uni. and noped out hard. Too bleak for me! Let me know how you get on with Evangelion: I watched the whole thing in school and have mixed opinions. Also the NGE abridged one-shot is the best thing the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged chap has ever done.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:32

I honestly can't remember if she does turn up or not again, which probably means that she doesn't. Ooooh, was that the fight with the spirit? Unbelievable animation on that one!

It's definitely a bleak watch and I didn't finish it feeling satisfied - I was satisfied in a sense of the fact it was a mostly well-written show but I wasn't satisfied with how the ending panned out. I shall keep that link blue for now until I've finished the show!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:37

It was! Belter, including all the plot stuff around it. Mob is probably knocking on the door of my Top Five Animes Of All Time at this stage. Still time for it to screw the pooch, of course...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2020 - 20:10

It definitely won't. I remember MP100 S2 starting slowly and just ramping upwards to a great finale. There's some genuinely emotional character moments coming up and some more kick ass battling, although I don't think it reaches the same production values as that battle.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 20:07

Well we've had
Spoiler:

They've completely forgotten about that date he went on haven't they. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 1:54

I read all of Death Note when I was around 17/ 18. It's incredibly bleak but also very smart and interesting. It made me face my own mortality more than perhaps anything I've ever seen or read. One of my all-time favourite mangas, a straight masterpiece.

You'd hate it Balla.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 18:30

Ooooh, what was your thoughts on the Reigen stuff in S2, Balla?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 19:35

We've not finished the season yet (three episodes to go), but yes, I liked it! He's not just a super-charismatic rock-paper-scissors guru. It's nice when these things are touched upon and people get coloured in a bit.

Buskalilly wrote:
You'd hate it Balla.

Yep. 'Incredibly bleak' can get stuffed.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 7 Nov 2020 - 23:42

There have been a lot of shows I've been meaning to watch, but I went ahead and watched the first episode of Fate/Zero on a whim and I thought it was great. I liked the decision to make this first episode twice as long at 45 or so minutes to set up the story in a thorough but very well paced way. There are seeming like a lot of key players in the story and they accommodated them well.

It's a pretty show. Some of the character designs are a bit on the generic side but I can forgive it for the level of polish. Holds up well as something from 2011 (shoutouts to best anime Hunter x Hunter 2011 for no particular reason). Also the dub is thankfully quite decent. Normally I just settle for the sub just to be safe but I'm liking it so far.

Speaking of bleak shows, forgot that I watched a bit of Kaiji a few months ago. I watched the first arc and enjoyed it and will possibly get back to the show one day but at times it made me so uncomfortable. Without even resorting to body horror messed up things happen to the characters, particularly the lead. It's not quite like any anime I'd watched before, and I'd seen Akagi by the same author. Great show.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2020 - 17:05

Finished up Mob Psycho 100 and now I'm sad. It feels like a natural conclusion to the series and I'm thinking there might not be any more, despite there being a few plot threads left. Mob's finished his arcs and the big bad has been put away. If that's it then I'll definitely remember it fondly.

What I'll not remember fondly is Crunchyroll getting wise to Adblock, and having to sit through four minutes of adverts while watching a twenty-minute episode - more if you hit the back button by accident. Mad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 21:03

I've shelled out for Premium as I watch anime predominantly on my tablet and the ads on Crunchyroll were unbearable.

AoT's final season has kicked off! Knowing where the story is going this season has me pumped to see it all animated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 21 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next