We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread

Go down 
+19
Admin
Vidofnir
oldschool
Dusty Knackers
Cube
ZeroJones
Rum
Treesmurf
Sylveon
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Gogoata
shanks
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Buskalilly
masofdas
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 11:21

Wasn't the first date, this is the lass I've been seeing every week or so for the last couple of months.
That said, on the first date...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 11:27

That's a spicy meatball!

*stops talking forever*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 11:41

Ouch!

Not at the chilli, at Zero's post. Razz But also "ouch" at the chilli.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 30 Aug 2015 - 21:35

Drunkalilly wrote:
I made the delicious sausage-meat omelette

As a homosexual, I don't know what you straighties do, but I don't think I like it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 1:13

Quote :
I made the delicious sausage-meat omelette
Rum Rapture wrote:
As a homosexual, I don't know what you straighties do, but I don't think I like it.
That's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015 - 23:28

A'ight Chuffsters? How's everyone doing, still SO LONELY? I can only assume so, looking at those post counts.

I'm still single. There was someone I hooked up with for a while but she fell in love with me and I knew I was never going to feel it back, so we broke up on fairly good terms. Still talking, at least. Still good friends with the lass I've spent most of this thread talking about, still completely unable to get a good idea of what she's thinking or feeling at any given moment. She's one of my best friends, though, and that's no bad thing. Since last time I posted here, there's been a friend of a friend I really hit it off with but never saw again and... right:

I always advise against getting a crush on someone just because you think they're a fellow nerd and they're pretty, because that doesn't actually tell you a relationship will work. Then, a little while back, a new girl joined at work. I thought "she's pretty" but no more of it. A short while later, Katie mentioned this new lass is a big Nintendo and Zelda fan. I became more interested in befriending her, but it's pretty rare I got to work with her. Over the past month though, I (somewhat deliberately) wore my Zelda Christmas jumper in front of her and we started talking. Since then, we've done a couple of evenings together and really got on like a house on fire. Now I've got a major, soul-consuming, schoolboy crush on her. Can't get her out of my head. I barely know her! Thought I'd grown out of this.

I am Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 CXGJotVWMAA8R8W in myself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015 - 23:38

I do like to read the Drunka love life.

As you can tell from my post count I'm still SO LONELY.

There is women I like there's the one on photo at work, who I think I've brought up before but what I hear from people, she maybe better avoiding.

Then this girl on homeshop who I get on really well with who is a bit of a fellow nerd but I don't find her physically attractive.

I'm not the best looking guy in the world that I feel bad saying that, and I reckon we could be a great couple. I'm just not sure, people have said ask her out but I feel like I'm just doing it because, I'd like a girlfriend & we have things in common not because I really want to be with her.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015 - 23:49

If you're not attracted to her, don't ask her out. Physical attraction isn't everything, but it is a thing. It matters. And here's the kicker; when it really clicks with someone, you find yourself not caring about, or even kind of liking, the things you might be put off by in someone else. Do try to befriend her and spend time with her, though. Getting to know her, you might find that change happening.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 8:32

I don't know her well but when we do talk, it's like talking to a mate such as yourself about things like choices made in Life is Strange. That's how I see her as a mate but wouldn't I want to date someone that is my friend.

Talking about it really clicking then being a kicker, not quite the same but last time I was in Exeter. I bumped into a girl, I've not seen for 10+ years who I would of really liked to get to know better again and all that then she tells me shes moving to the states, that it would of been pointless trying.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 8:37

Drunkalilly wrote:
A'ight Chuffsters? How's everyone doing, still SO LONELY? I can only assume so, looking at those post counts.

Pretty much. Met someone through NaNoWriMo and had a very enjoyable week or so, before it blew up dramatically in my face. Sorry to hear that you two're in the same boat. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 8:38

We want details Balla
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 10:19

Not sure there are many details I'm comfy with giving.  She was very pretty, we obviously fancied each other like mad, but at the end of the period she decided she wasn't in the right place to go any further, for a couple of reasons - one of which was explosion-worthy.

We didn't hook up or anything, but at that point we'd spent about three weeks talking to each other over FB, more or less all day every day. So I'd developed some feelings, and then they came crashing down like a house of cards. That was two weeks or so ago, and I'm feeling much better now, but it's still rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 16 Jan 2016 - 22:50

So, it seems fracturing my wrist is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've been having to sit on checkouts a lot recently, which has lead to a great number of shifts where I get to sit with this girl and we've been chatting loads and getting along swimmingly. We've exchanged friend codes, we've told eachother our life's stories, we've laughed loads... and our mutual friend Katie seems to think the she has a crush on me too. Things are going well. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThorOfAsgard
Splatted Goomba
ThorOfAsgard

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 17 Jan 2016 - 11:14

Affairs of the heart can be troublesome but do bring great rewards. The thought of my dear Jane growing old and passing from your realm before I fills me with sadness... this makes every moment we share all the more precious.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 17 Jan 2016 - 11:25

Don't worry, Thor. Nobody stays dead in Marvel!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016 - 22:01

There's an amusing trend, in this thread and on the forum generally, of talking about me like I'm a player, a pimp, a ladies man, man's man, man about town. While I'm a sociable person who gets on well with people and does okay with ladies by talking to them like, y'know, human beings, that doesn't apply at all with girls I actually like. As this thread should have told you by now, I'm a veritable ball of neuroses when it comes to crushes of mine. Case in point:

So the girl I like at the moment is one of those awkward, increasingly rare types who doesn't have a Facebook account. This meant that although we've been getting along really well at work, I've not really spoken to her outside. Then, Sunday before last, we were talking about playing some Mario Kart or Triforce Heroes online and she asked for my number.

This where my neurotic side kicks in, and suddenly waiting for my phone to receive a text is literally the entire world. Then last week I gave her a really nice Birthday card and, on her Birthday on Tuesday, she texts me to say thanks and compliment my Pikachu-drawing skills. Next thing you know, I'm losing my mind at the thought of not being able to reply (my phone doesn't actually have a contract as I almost never have need of it as a phone. Who makes phone calls in 2016?). I'm looking into whatsapp and all sorts.

Then today, I decide to buy a cheap Pay as you Go Nokia for just these such occasions. I shot off a nice, amiable text and now, naturally, I'm fretting over what it means that after 43 minutes she still hasn't replied- after I took two days.

I wish I was the suave James Bond type Masofdas seems to think I am...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016 - 22:17

Drunkalilly wrote:
I wish I was the suave James Bond type Masofdas seems to think I am...

Don't you mean "mashofdash", Mr. Bond? Winky Face

In more seriousness, I remember the tension of those moments. Distraction is the key! I can recommend a bit of Tri Force Heroes. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 23:36

You know that friendship video thing Facebook is doing for its own 12th birthday? The one that picks some of your friends and uses their profile pictures at the beginning of it? It chose a guy who I went on two dates who has since deleted me off Facebook. Best friends!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 23:44

Mine gave me a girl I was seeing a while back, and my mum. My best pals...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 15:59

I sometimes feel like an idiot coming into this thread just to vent things I can't quite arrange in my own head, but then I see posts like this
masofdas wrote:
I do like to read the Drunka love life.
Balladeer wrote:
Eh, it's all in the telling.  None of us lead interesting lives, but you wouldn't know it to hear (e.g.) Drunka talking about it.

and I figure, what the hell?

Drunka's Love Life

I'm pretty much in the exact same situation I always get myself in. There's a girl I really like, we get along incredibly well, I have a good feeling about us but I can't quite seem to move from "90% sure" to "100% sure."
I met this girl through work, she's a big Nintendo gamer. Over the last few weeks, we've been sitting together on checkouts at the weekends and trying to name all the Pokémon in each generation. She came in early one Sunday to make sure we got to sit together. She asked for my number so we could arrange online games/ evenings with friends to play. We've had some great evenings with other like-minded workmates, and she texts me a little. She always takes bloody ages to reply, but I recently learned she prefers not to have her phone on. There's definitely a friendship here; we spent two-and-a-half hours on Pokken on Sunday night and she's always the most keen when we organise evenings. But, although friends who know about my crush seem to think it might be mutual, I'm still not completely sure she wants more than friendship and I haven't found a situation wherein I'm comfortable saying anything yet.

The other wrinkle in this story is that as we've been getting closer, I've noticed the other girl from work -- the one I had a will they/ won't they thing with for most of this bloody thread -- has gotten jealous and doubled down on acting friendly.

I think I'm just bad at actually reading people. Maybe someone else would know for sure who liked them and who didn't. Or maybe I worry too much, and actually saying something when the other person doesn't reciprocate isn't all that damaging. The most annoying thing is, I can be perfectly charming and winning with girls I'm not as bothered about, but I get so head-over-heels, heart-in-my-mouth, butterflies-in-the-belly into people that I stop functioning like a human.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 16:14

Maybe I should just come into work as they don't know me form Adam and go to which ever one you really like and go do you like Drunka, simple.

I know what you mean as I still like the girl on photo even if I hear some dodgy things, my chat with is Hello and that's about it as I stop functioning like a human and don't know what to say. When some else is around then it's slightly easier but I'm still scared.

There is this other girl who worked in our store over Christmas, her sister & dad still work for us and I get on both of them and have even talked to the sister online that I sort want to ask the question is your single and would she like to do something sometime but I'm a chicken.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 20:55

I'm exactly the same as you Drunka, when it comes to judging "being liked". The last proper girlfriend I had liked me for three weeks, asked me out for several drinks and lunch, and was on the verge of giving up before I cottoned on. Nowadays, my usual approach is to say straight out that I like her and hope: better a clean rejection than pondering in agony, or having to play a game about it.

I've got coffee with a girl I'm ambivalent about on Thursday, so we'll see how that goes. The last girl I went on a date with went up in dramatic flames.

Not literally, obviously! Ha ha ha! Not yet.

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 22:12

Bloody hell, flames? I though strangling was bad enough...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 1:40

I had a date tonight! It went swimmingly; we laughed, we got on well, the night went by in a flash and when she got home she messaged me about a second date. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 6:40

This is lovely to hear/read! Grin Has the person in question already been mentioned in this thread (super curious!)?

Anyway, good luck and good skill. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread
Page 18 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next