We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 17:48

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:17

Drunkalilly wrote:
Spoiler:

Agreed!

:cyclops:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 9:20

...alright then... Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 15:42

So this is interesting and I now wish that the mound makers covenant actually worked like this without glitching.

http://twinfinite.net/2017/01/new-dark-souls-iii-glitch-lets-players-invade-others-within-boss-fight-arenas/
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 21:43

Being a moundy was probably my favorite part of 3. Loved getting summoned to carefully orchestrated arenas and then going mad.

I was once summoned and helped a lad all the way up to a boss fight, but obvs couldn't pass through the mist with him. Which was a shame, the big hat lad was crying out for my help.

Then again, I got super into being a sunbro for a couple of days after I defeated
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:
. I got so competant at beating them that I was almost doing them single-handedly at times. I got a lot of thankyou messages from randos I assisted - what the hell other game is going to get PSNers to do that!?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 22:01

It was
Spoiler:
for me. After her, the multiplayer started cocking up for me and I didn't really get to summon/ be summoned for the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 23:15

Muss wrote:
Being a moundy was probably my favorite part of 3. Loved getting summoned to carefully orchestrated arenas and then going mad.

I was once summoned and helped a lad all the way up to a boss fight, but obvs couldn't pass through the mist with him. Which was a shame, the big hat lad was crying out for my help.

Then again, I got super into being a sunbro for a couple of days after I defeated
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:
. I got so competant at beating them that I was almost doing them single-handedly at times. I got a lot of thankyou messages from randos I assisted - what the hell other game is going to get PSNers to do that!?

Yeah I still had tonnes of fun with the multiplayer and that covenant especially, that glitch just shows they could have done so much more. I watched a video of a guy doing it today and at the end it was him and five others absoluting tanking the hell out of

Spoiler:
it really was some sight.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 23:20

I can now:
I know I'm doing it wrong, keeping out of the multiplayer, but that's for the same reason I avoid online shooters; I didn't start on day one, and therefore everyone has a better idea of what's going on than me.

Speaking of the multiplayer, today was the first time I was invaded by a human controlled red'n. However, as I don't know what all the etiquette is, he just did a shield dance and ran round me. So I ignored him and
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 23:26

Dark Souls III is weird compared to the test of the series, lore wise. What's there is much easier to find and put together than in previous games but there seem to be less answers to find. A lot of stuff is just left vague, whereas in the original it was subtly told but it was all there if you looked.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 23:33

Do you think the unresolved story elements mean that there'll be a Dark Souls IV?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 9 Jan 2017 - 10:42

I really, really hope not.

The story was satisfyingly wrapped up in Dark Souls. Dark Souls II was an interesting exploration of smaller stories within that same cosmology. Dark Souls III tries to be an ending to that cosmology, and in those aspects is very obvious and predictable. On the other hand, it also introduces new smaller stories and characters and factions, and its these which are not explored to my satisfaction. If we did get a Dark Souls IV, in keeping with the series so far it wouldn't really explore these aspects anyway.

As it is, though, although III was very enjoyable to play, most of the world felt like things we've seen before, and the story didn't have the very personal artistic touch or the smart characterisation and storytelling. I'd much prefer to see the series left alone and see the developers put their energy into something new and original.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 9 Jan 2017 - 11:51

My Das DLC Playthrough:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 9 Jan 2017 - 12:45

Jimbob wrote:
I know I'm doing it wrong, keeping out of the multiplayer, but that's for the same reason I avoid online shooters; I didn't start on day one, and therefore everyone has a better idea of what's going on than me.

Nah, there's no such thing as doing it wrong in fact apart from a couple of coop summons I stayed well clear of it in DaS as I just didn't think it was fun.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 9 Jan 2017 - 19:12

I thought the multiplayer elements of DaS were immensely irritating. I found health maintenance and the plodding pace of combat in general stressful enough without some edgelord coming over here and taking my souls. Playing on Steam I don't think I ever got invaded, but I beat the game a second (and third, God knows why) time with for a mate on 360, and Anor Londo invasions started taking the piss.

I was happier with 3's probably because I found the combat much more fluid, but also because it was much easier to find most of the guilds and stuff early on. I dunno. Maybe I just found the stakes in 3 much lower than in 1 because of how you can warp between bonfires, and how the game is more linear, and so that was enough to coax me into engaging in a little PvP.

That said, there were still times I turned my internet off because the invasions were getting a little out of hand in areas I just wanted to focus on getting through.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017 - 0:57

The lag was also atrocious in DaS as well, god knows how many times I rubber banded into being back stabbed after thinking I'd made an escape.

Muss wrote:
I was happier with 3's probably because I found the combat much more fluid, but also because it was much easier to find most of the guilds and stuff early on. I dunno. Maybe I just found the stakes in 3 much lower than in 1 because of how you can warp between bonfires, and how the game is more linear, and so that was enough to coax me into engaging in a little PvP.

I'd say yer bang on about all of that especially the combat part - before the game came out I loved the comparisons to Bloodborne as I absolutely loved the pvp in that game just a shame it was limited to certain areas/situations.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 20:15

Right. Right, I'm done with Dark Souls for now. Today I

• Got to Manus in the DLC and decided he was a bit hard.
  • Went and did the whole painted world (beating Priscilla for the first time.)
  • Beat Kalameet
  • Beat Manus, wrapped up the DLC.
  • Killed Gwyn, got the dark lord ending and watched the end credits.

I can't think of another game I've completed this exhaustively twice and been itching to return to. I know one day I'll do a Onebro run, but I'm gonna give it a rest for now. (That said, I'll still be voraciously consuming podcasts and videos and articles and books and artworks and anything else). But it's good to have played every little bit of content now, so I can look forward to the Switch and other games and know I'll actually play them instead of just more Dark Souls!

Artorias of the Abyss is great by the way, get it played lads.

Anyway. Yeah.Dark Souls. Solid 7/10.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 20:47

If you haven't already, I recommend checking out EpicNameBro's "From the Dark" playthrough - it's the most extensive playthrough I've ever watched, and covers what feels like literally everything in Dark Souls. You'll be itching to experience it again for yourself after watching.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 21:13

JayMoyles wrote:
You'll be itching to experience it again for yourself after watching.

That's the last thing I need!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 21:40

I cheated a bit.:
Once I'm done, I'll probably watch that From the Dark series; I've never actually watched anyone else play the original.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 22:02

The Nameless King is probably the hardest fight in the series; took me many an evening before I finally beat him mano e mano with a big ol' sword.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:45

Yeah, I do feel a bit bad.

Done it all though! I shat myself a bit when
Last Boss Talk:
Ending Pish:

I thought I'd aced the game; however I still clocked in 68 hours. One day I'll go back and try and play with a magic person; so far, from one to three I've been Fat Tank, I Don't Know What I'm Doing and Super Leapy Assassin.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:49

That's the ending most of us went through. I've got another save file sat half way through a run to the complex Londor ending but I'm a bit soulsed out for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 0:12

Oh, I saw there was an ending that looked like one of those "how to play as Luigi in Mario 64" rumours. I'll watch someone do it on YouTube, thanks!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 18:00

The Londor ending is mental, but probably the most interesting ending. Worth looking it up, at least.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:15

Just did. B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bobbins!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 29 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next