We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 12:22

Lobos plays Dark Souls with a SNES controller, fun watch this even though it essentially boils down to a no camera control challenge run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVvS4s6wUU
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:49

That's pretty cool. It's not quite up there with voice commands or a Guitar.
I need to think of a fun run to do, nobody's gonna care when I do my Onebro Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 15:28

Could you do a run where you only use punches to attack with and control your character with the Power Glove please.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 16:13

I've always really fancied doing a caestus run in a souls game, used them a fair bit for parrying in the DaS III dlc.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 22:40

Just played the first hour or so of Dark Souls III: The Ringed City. From the first bonfire to the second essentially.

After being slightly underwhelmed by the game, then severely disappointed by the first DLC, this has been pleasantly surprising. Letting me actually get stuck in and explore the most interesting skybox of the main game, this is a much more interesting exploration of the whole "convergence of worlds" thing which the game basically just used as an excuse not to have a cohesive gameworld. It's also getting properly stuck into interesting unexplored avenues of the lore, rather than pointlessly revisiting an idea from the original Dark Souls. I'm actually excited to get stuck into this!

One thing, though: I was confused initially why holding my shield up wasn't automatically locking onto enemies. Too much Zelda for me!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 1:45

I've now played Dark Souls on an Xbox, a Playstation, a PC and a Nintendo! Hopefully I can finish it here rather than getting 2/3rds and encountering a game-breaking glitch like on PS3.

It also only just ocurred to me now, years after the fact, that I could have tried swapping my disk.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 21:40

Tomorrow my PS5 will be here and I have Demon's Souls which I have played on PS3, where I even imported the game.

But as you may have gathered I didn't git gud (from videos of people playing on PS5 got further than I thought on PS3) and never really have with Souls-likes either, that any tips to get me started such as class or anything else.

Personally was thinking Royalty class as you have a spell and can have that range without worrying about ammo.

I also don't know how quickly I'll get to Demon's as I want to give it a fair crack and not jump from Miles to Demons to Dirt and back.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2020 - 8:14

You're streaming it right?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2020 - 21:18

I've never played DeS but from what I do know the Royalty class is the best starting point if you want a magic build.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 10:35

Well no Andy as my PS5 doesn't seem to work correctly that I won't be playing anytime soon to stream it.

Thanks, Jas will go for Royalty whenever I do play DS.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 17 Aug 2021 - 13:21

I've beaten Demon Souls twice now, once with a Royalty build and once with a melee build.

Magic definitely makes the game easier at times, but you will still need to level up your endurance and vitality a decent amount because there will be times that you have to get stuck in. Some special enemies are very magic and fire resistant, so you have no choice but to get stuck in (or poison them).

Also NG+ is brutal for melee builds in this game. My melee character gets one shot despite having high vitality and the best armour by an alarming number of enemies. NG+ increases the health of all enemies by at least double, and their damage by up to 4x. Yikes.

I think the main things to remember for whenever you try it Mas are:

1. Keep your equipment weight at 50% or lower - this will allow you to fast roll, which makes dodging a lot easier. If you find you are taking too much damage, make sure your equipment has the right resistance (fire, magic, etc) for the region you are in, and invest in vitality.

2. If you're stuck on one of the worlds, that's a sign you should go to a different world. You'll often find armour or weapons in one world that's designed to help you out elsewhere. Pay attention to the hints other players leave around the world though, some areas are best approached with blunt weapons, others with piercing ones.

3. Kill yourself in the Nexus.
Spoiler:

4. Rings are really useful. Everything stacks in this game, so find a ring that regens mana or hp and it will stack with armour that does the same. The Thief Ring is also super handy. It makes it harder for enemies to detect you, which is so useful in certain stages. It also makes getting backstabs easier as you can catch enemies by surprise.

5. If you do go Royalty, you'll find a really good weapon in the first area of the skeleton world if you're brave enough.

6. If your damage sucks, you might be overdue an upgrade to your weapon. The blacksmith in the Nexus is fine early on, but you'll need to find the better smithy to get the good stuff.

7. Make sure you have enough stats to use the weapon/shield you've equipped. If you don't their effectiveness is nearly useless. That said, you'll still get passive bonuses (e.g. regen) from having them equipped. I played a lot of the game with a shield slung over my back and two-handed my weapon just for the regen the shield gave me.

8. Don't consume the souls you get from slaying bosses! These souls are more useful for learning powerful spells or getting unique weapons from later on.

9. Make sure you've got enough grass. You have to buy or loot healing items in this game and it sucks to run out of it, die to a boss, and know that you have to grind for it.

10. The harder an area is, the easier its boss tends to be. Many bosses have weaknesses that can be exploited to make the fight easier. If an area or boss is too hard, you can always summon a friend to help you out by setting a password via your network settings.

Now you know everything you need to so you better get streaming one day Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 17:42

I should chime into this thread to say that since my last forum visit I've beaten Bloodborne and believe it or not lads, it is, in fact, an utter banger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 7:31

Jay you beat Bloodborne a million years ago, has it really been that long between forum visits?!?!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 8:12

Yeah mate - I think it was about two months! I'd have 100% have posted about Bloodborne in here already otherwise. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 9:31

Elden Ring is tomorrow. I haven't seen anything since that first reveal trailer about a year ago, but I'm suddenly seeing ads and magazines and stuff and it's real.

I didn't have the necessary machines when Bloodborne or Sekiro released so this is the first time since Dark Souls III that I'm going in, day one, on a new From game. I'm starting to feel that excitement, yo!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 9:43

Does look good, and sounds good but I know what I'm like with souls that instead of buying now for 50 not liking then getting 40 for it.

Going to wait to 30 used and don't like it is still a 30 used game. Might even come Game Pass, would be huge that.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 9:44

I've only seen one trailer too, so definitely in the dark a bit, but excited to jump in, especially after the disappointment of not clicking with Sekiro. Excited to be in the middle of it all with everyone exploring and pushing through as I did with Blooders and DS3
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 9:45

MAAAATTTTEEE
masofdas wrote:
Does look good, and sounds good but I know what I'm like with souls that instead of buying now for 50 not liking then getting 40 for it.

Going to wait to 30 used and don't like it is still a 30 used game. Might even come Game Pass, would be huge that.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 12:48

I've seen literally none of the hype or trailers for this but I'll be playing it tomorrow for sure.

This will be the first time I'm exploring a souls game when it's new so that's exciting.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 10:27

I've only had a couple of hours but, quite unexpectedly, that feeling is back. I feel the way I did when I first started DS3. Hopefully by the end I won't feel how I did when I finished DS3 . . .

Funny nonsense but spoils a surprise in the lake near the starting area:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 10:44

What I love is all the RT's etc I'm seeing of people moaning about the game being hard or whatever. Find it all very funny, some might be sarcastic but imagine most real.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyMon 28 Feb 2022 - 1:23

I killed 4 bosses today (including that one Buska mentions in his last spoiler) BUT none of it was story progress and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm either exploring caves which are like a little slice of a chalice dungeon, doing some jolly co-operation on that first story boss at the Castle, killing over-world bosses, exploring the world on horseback & then galloping away from the enemies in the far east area because they are just too scary at the minute. WHAT A GAME!

Give me a year and maybe I'll have finished it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyMon 28 Feb 2022 - 12:01

I've lost count of how many named enemies I've killed. This game is unbelievably big, and yet, it does not repeat the cardinal sin of so many open world games: emptiness. This world is absolutely stuffed with variety and worthwhile things to explore.

I've hit an absolute wall with some of the bosses, but that's ok because there's so many other places to nip off to. I was helping a bunch of players through jolly cooperation and ended up with almost 100k runes haha. So my character is absolutely jacked now.

I started off as a lowly wretch, so everything feels well and truly earned, and I've got my hands on a devastating halbred now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyMon 28 Feb 2022 - 23:08

Muss wrote:
I've hit an absolute wall with some of the bosses, but that's ok because there's so many other places to nip off to. I was helping a bunch of players through jolly cooperation and ended up with almost 100k runes haha. So my character is absolutely jacked now.

Have you just been putting your sign down at a specific boss or have you used the summoning pool thing? As I done the pool thing last night and it was fun waiting to see what you were being wisked away to do for people.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 EmptyMon 28 Feb 2022 - 23:45

I haven't done any multiplayer yet, though I've stuck the blue ring on so hopefully.

I've played loads of this but also very little! I think I put in a full 10 or 12 hour session yesterday, killed various named enemies, explored this and that . . . but still haven't progressed past the "first" boss!

I think the genius move this game made was designing around the way most players actually play. I think its actually scaled for players who do a bunch of stuff and get overlevelled.

It's got a lot more colour and light to it that DaS or BB, but it still has a somewhat dark tone. Combine that with watching a bunch of youtube documentaries about lost history and civilisation collapses, and I was in a weird creeped-out mood when I went to bed last night!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 30 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next