We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 6:03

Balladeer wrote:
I think that, assuming Athrun's fine with entering when he won't be paying,

That makes me sound like a right ol miser.  Embarrassed I just mean right this instant, the dollar is being all hyperactive right now so till that's cleared up I just don't know what I have to spare, once the things I've ordered internationally have come in (or been delayed) and been paid for I'll know.  

Dead Lemon wrote:
Wait, there's a Cricket World Cup now? Aren't England, Australia, Pakistan and the West Indies the only countries that play cricket? And I'm not even sure if that last one is even a country. Ah what the hell, put me into the sweep and give me a country to cheer on and pretend to care about.

I can only imagine how the Indians would react to being mistaken for the West Indies.  Laughing

Jokes aside though, the other big names are India proper, Sri Lanka, and New Zealand.  
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 7:58

Missing one, Athers! Maybe they'll actually win a knockout game this time around.

Thanks to Drunka and DL - Athrun, are you in, with the lack of entry fee? If so, that leaves one spot.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm the same as Mas; everyone I'm introduced to* loves me. I've been called a social chameleon by people who know me; I can really easily adjust my topics of conversation and my sense of humour to fit any group. I think it's a combination of working in a supermarket for seven years and the fact that I'm pretty much a sociopath who can lie through his teeth with ease.

It's funny, because I've always considered myself a bit of a social chameleon: I've got a handful of different friendship groups with not all that much in common, so I've got to change which Balladeer they're talking to whenever I meet up with a new bunch.

I still struggle to talk to uninteresting people, though, although if they want to talk enough I will usually be able to plough through. And I'm awful at lying.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 8:09

I've always struggled with social situations, there are always people I would love to talk to but lack any means to spark up a conversation/arrange activities to hang out with them. The other thing is that I'm flaky as hell when it comes to attending social situations because sometimes when the day hits I cannot face the idea of being around people, which then leads to me no longer getting invited Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:04

Balladeer wrote:
Missing one, Athers!  Maybe they'll actually win a knockout game this time around.  

Thanks to Drunka and DL - Athrun, are you in, with the lack of entry fee?  If so, that leaves one spot.

You mean Zimbabwe? And yeah, gotta be in. It'll add some more spice to my now-most anticipated sporting event of the year!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:11

...South Africa? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:38

Balladeer wrote:
...South Africa? Laughing

Duh!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 0:17

Netherlands always seem to get a mention whenever there's a world cup and do the Scots have a team?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 7:26

The Netherlands are surprisingly decent at cricket: Europe's best team outside the British Isles, and not entirely made of ex-pats. They didn't make the World Cup, though. Scotland did, but they're rank outsiders. Care to be the final man of the sweepstake, Smurf?

Also, before Jas and shanks self-destruct, anyone else got some snow outside their window? Not looking forward to the walk to work, I must say.
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:51

Balladeer wrote:
The Netherlands are surprisingly decent at cricket: Europe's best team outside the British Isles, and not entirely made of ex-pats.  They didn't make the World Cup, though.  Scotland did, but they're rank outsiders.  Care to be the final man of the sweepstake, Smurf?

Also, before Jas and shanks self-destruct, anyone else got some snow outside their window?  Not looking forward to the walk to work, I must say.
Nope, none right now. I want it to snow heavily tonight in my area, but it's looking unlikely...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:14

We had a little snow at the weekend but nothing that's really stuck. More would be nice, and I might even be able to film a sequel to what I did last time it snowed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 22:52

The snow/ice we've had for the past week is just now beginning to melt away.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 10:51

It's freezing here today, but thankfully there seems to be a good amount of warmth in the sunshine today, which is blazing away above us.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 13:28

It's pretty gorgeous up in Edinburgh today. We've had no snow, no ice, just sunshine!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 13:40

We are looking at warm summer days of 25-30C for at least a week. I prefer your weather thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:53

Cold and frost in these parts, but no snow this week. There had better not be any more this month! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 13:15

Look, that's me mentioned in the tagline! You guys!

(I know everyone has a film-based tagline now, but this makes me feel special. xxxxx)
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 1:56

Balladeer wrote:
The Netherlands are surprisingly decent at cricket: Europe's best team outside the British Isles, and not entirely made of ex-pats.  They didn't make the World Cup, though.  Scotland did, but they're rank outsiders.  Care to be the final man of the sweepstake, Smurf?

Also, before Jas and shanks self-destruct, anyone else got some snow outside their window?  Not looking forward to the walk to work, I must say.

Sure why not? Howwizey! Four! and all that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 8:16

Super! You've got New Zealand and Bangladesh, which isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 23:54

Up the Kiwis and/or Bangles.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2015 - 5:55

I've pulled my left calf muscle in bed - simply by rolling over. Pale The walk to work is going to be fun!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2015 - 10:29

Never done that, but I hate it when you randomly get cramp in your calf in your sleep. Your leg feels like it's made of lead for the entire day after.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 0:13

I've managed that when stretching, beds are dangerous things.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 7:41

You're all right. Aww! It was my stronger leg, too - the left calf is like a rugby ball, but the right calf is like a lemon. And that's really not much of an exaggeration. Shocked
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 15:15

Just had my first driving lesson - very stressful, and I wasn't even doing anything particularly difficult yet. Laughing

But, I went from literally nothing in terms of driving knowledge to actually moving and stopping it, so progress!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 15:20

Good luck, Jay! I did (and still do) find driving stressful. I have flares of unexpected road rage like any driver.

My first lesson (two hours) went from me not knowing how to operate a gearstick to driving down a long 60mph stretch of road to get back home.

Are you having one or two hour blocks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next