We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 17:29

The_Jaster wrote:
Talking of interviews I have an informal one this coming Monday which is to do with an upcoming work placement, it's been a while so what exactly is the correct attire for an informal interview?

Aye, as others have said, I'd go for a shirt and trousers. Maybe a tie, but I wouldn't suit up if you been told it's an informal interview.

Best of luck, Jas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 18:46

Thanks! It's not something I particularly would want really but I'll use it to get a bit more experience and plump up my CV a little.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 19:39

I think a lot of us don't really want our jobs...

NOT ME THOUGH I LOVE MINE. (hyperventilates)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 20:43

Q:what would you say your biggest weakness is?
A: I'm never late. Ever.

Good luck Jas!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 22:17

Balladeer wrote:
I think a lot of us don't really want our jobs...

NOT ME THOUGH I LOVE MINE.  (hyperventilates)

True.

NintenDUCK wrote:
Good luck Jas!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:12

Hate my job but I'm finally getting around to applying for stuff, so hopefully I've got some interviews coming up
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:20

Same but like I've said before with my lack of qualifications & my 8 years of official retail experience means one sort of job to apply for, Beemoh did say years ago about office type stuff but not sure about that.

Hopefully doing this managers course in work and on my CV will help that if something comes up somewhere.

I would kinda like to be a postman though but jobs rarely come up.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:30

I've done bits and bobs with the paper and the police which I can easily fluff on a CV, plus I'm going a degree just now and I've got a nice portfolio developing on Gintendo.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:35

I did apply for OPM the other day and put all the Gintendo stuff I've done and all about getting codes and interviews, my reply was NO!

I should aim slightly less high like Pure Xbox or something as that's rarely updated but not sure where you go about looking for jobs in the industry like that.

I need EofGizmo to find a dev job and he can get me a PR gig or something lol.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:55

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've done bits and bobs with the paper and the police which I can easily fluff on a CV
Being in the news for being arrested doesn't count, Drunka
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 10:11

The only gaming one I've applied for since doing ginty is the recent videogamer opening, which I've not heard from yet
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 10:23

I've just had a google I can find a is the UI one, I've got know idea how to make a interface or anything.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 12:24

Drunkalilly wrote:
The only gaming one I've applied for since doing ginty is the recent videogamer opening, which I've not heard from yet

I think you'd slot well into that team, they'd have you be a mini Miller I bet. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 21:20

Not a huge fan of my job - it varies between tolerating it to hating it - but too lazy to look for something else. Plus i'm good at it, I like my co-workers and have established myself there to the extent I can often get away with doing little actual work.

Still it's approaching Christmas time which is when it gets very busy and shit (no I don't work for Santa in his toy-making sweatshop) and not a place I want to be.

As for interviews the worst answer I ever gave during one went a bit like this:

Interviewer: what you enjoy doing in your spare time
Me: err.. fuckin', hanging out with friends, watching films, playing videogames an' shit.

Generic unexciting answer bookended by unacceptable language. Said without thinking.

Miraculously he didn't seem to acknowledge it and I got the job.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 22:48

Dead Lemon wrote:
As for interviews the worst answer I ever gave during one went a bit like this:

Interviewer: what you enjoy doing in your spare time
Me: err.. fuckin', hanging out with friends, watching films, playing videogames an' shit.

Generic unexciting answer bookended by unacceptable language. Said without thinking.

Miraculously he didn't seem to acknowledge it and I got the job.

Maybe he was impressed by your straightforward no-nonsnense approach? Or was he pleased by your ability to manipulate language in a way that chimes with the youth of today? Or maybe he was distracted by some dust riding on a gentle air current coming from the partly open window and to this day has no idea what you said.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 8:31

Jas, remember to do all of the things on this list. Sorry I forgot to remind you, Jay.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 13:38

Rum Rapture wrote:
Jas, remember to do all of the things on this list. Sorry I forgot to remind you, Jay.

Laughing I really like number 4.

I feel I fluffed some of the questions asked but I have still been offered the placement so that's good. Smile
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:01

Number 11 actually seems like a great idea, are you allowed to bring food into an interview though?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 18:19

Brilliant work Sir Jas! Thumbs Up! And brilliant humour El Presidente. Laughing Numbers 1 and 9 are my favourites - I can actually imagine someone using 9 seriously in an interview...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 19:43

The_Jaster wrote:

I feel I fluffed some of the questions asked but I have still been offered the placement so that's good. Smile

Congrats Jas!

I've been asked back for a second interview. Happy but incredibly nervous for this, as it involves shadowing a guy and then actually doing a couple of calls for the company too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 20:50

GNamer: Helping You Get Employed Since A3HeadedMonkey Didn't Show Up.

Congratumalations, Jayseph! Hopefully the second round goes as well. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 14:26

Cheers folks! I was phoned earlier today & I start on the 29th.

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Congrats Jas!

I've been asked back for a second interview. Happy but incredibly nervous for this, as it involves shadowing a guy and then actually doing a couple of calls for the company too.

Congrats on the second interview & good luck with it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 19:06

Excellent stuff, Jas and Jay! Applause
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 0:44

Got drawn into an argument on Facebook with work colleagues about refugees. Nobody's opinion has changed and I'm still annoyed. But I don't feel too stupid for doing it because I know I'll at least see these people in real life. For awkward chat. Grrr8
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 7:30

I've taken to just unfollowing work colleagues who show up in my timeline with idiotic right-wing views. I've also mastered the art of chewing my own face off instead of jumping into arguments in the canteen.

That said, the last couple of times people have slagged off Corbyn, I haven't been able to resist mentioning that I joined the party purely out of my faith in him. It normally results in someone else at the table doing the "let's not get into that" thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next