We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 10:23

Things like facebook sound so rather tedious.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 14:37

It's useful for organising events.

That said, I make a special attempt not to get drawn into Facebook arguments. One of my "friends" recently turned out to be a radical Christian who thinks homosexuality is a sin, but I closed that debate down after four posts (two either way) and haven't had one since.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 16:25

I only argue online with people when they meet two conditions:
1) I know they are definitely wrong and I can prove it.
2) I feel they can be persuaded to accept my point of view

Usually the only instances both of those criteria are met is for boring things like grammar, and whom want to argue about that?

I remember watching a giant facebook argument between my friends about religion and its place in school, one of the combatants actually quoted me during it*, I didn't get involved though. I think there were 200 comments or more- lasted several days.

* The quote, by the way, was "This is a Christian school with christian values, and an atheist majority."
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 16:35

Useful for events?  No wonder I see such little point in it!  Laughing

I guess I can see how that might be helpful, but then having an account means you have to add every single person lest you slight them for daring to not add them just because you happen to see them for five minutes in a class, whereas not having an account may get you some odd looks but at least nobody judges you when you don't add them.  

I can sort of see the point in twitter, but facebook just gives me the creeps and irritates me for some reason.

As for arguing online, actual arguing, I only bother if I'm actually pissed off about what they were saying. If they don't make me angry it doesn't matter what they say, I simply don't have enough interest in giving them the time of day with a argument.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 10:24

I loathe social politics, but I don't think it's as complicated as you're making out. And it is very useful for planning stuff. Although that may just be because I didn't care about any awkward looks I got for not adding someone. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2015 - 22:18

I might of just applied for a Social Media job with Fatshark whom are making the Warhammer game, I played today. There based in sweden.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2015 - 22:36

Nice one! Would that mean trips to Sweden (or maybe moving there)? It seems like a pretty cosmopolitan place on the detective dramas Jo and I watch...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2015 - 22:41

It would mean locating but why not, only need to listen to ABBA & drive a Volvo. I doubt I will even be considered but like I said why not have a bash at it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptySat 26 Sep 2015 - 13:45

masofdas wrote:
It would mean locating but why not, only need to listen to ABBA & drive a Volvo. I doubt I will even be considered but like I said why not have a bash at it.  
Let's hope they don't read this post, eh? Laughing
But seriously, if you are brave enough to migrate to Scandanavia, it's generally regarded that people in Denmark / Norway / Sweden are the most content and together people in the world; it sounds awesome. It's not like those scary BBC4 dramas Zero watches!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2015 - 18:42

I'm going to prison!

To clarify:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2015 - 22:51

Sounds great, Mr. Summerhayes. Well, not great. Horrible. But intentionally so. I'll have to give you a donation - remind me tomorrow when I'm not half-dead!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 12:59

Bloody hell, cheers very much guys!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 14:20

Sounds like a really interesting experience Drunka, and for a very good cause too. Are you going to start a smuggling ring during your day there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 16:44

Sounds like tremendous fun!

Does Shepton Mallet have working shower facilities or were you going to take part in a H-block dirty protest as well? Are there going to be volunteers in bedsheets running around going "woooo" to scare you during the night? This whole experience sound pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 18:04

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm going to prison!

To clarify:

Who's yer designated Harmonica player?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 18:27

JayMoyles wrote:
Are you going to start a smuggling ring during your day there?

Nah, he's going to put up a poster of a girl and try to tunnel his way out behind it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 17:27

Until fairly recently, it was a fully operational prison so it ought to have showers etc. That said, I'm only in there for 24 hours so as long as I'm fresh as a daisy going in I should be okay.

No sheets necessary, I'm expecting legit ghosts.

As for escape, a colleague has agreed to bake a knife into a cake then visit me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 18:35

Drunkalilly wrote:
As for escape, a colleague has agreed to bake a knife into a cake then visit me.

What a load of shiv. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 11:29

I'll probably have a cell mate, so I can't spend the night shanking.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2015 - 15:05

Welp, I thought it was very hot today, and lookey what's finally hit.

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 Weathe11

That's right, summer!  I would call this stuff easy and weak, but given we're going from 15 degree averages straight to this it's gonna suck for a while.  

This won't be even close to the last time I mention heat this summer btw, we're headed for one of the worst El Nino periods in the last hundred years.  Droughts aplenty and heat waves a bundle.  Bush fires a plenty and averages of 33-41 regularly.  

The fact we're already seeing heat waves like this in the first half of spring, yeah, this summer is going to be intense, that's for sure.  
With how dry winter was I was sort of expecting this, if it isn't deluging in this part of Australia during winter it's a sure sign summer is getting ready to kick your backside.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2015 - 18:37

16.6ºC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2015 - 18:44

That's me finished my first week of my work placement, the people are pretty sound & it all went pretty smoothly but I am absolutely shattered and my feet are killing me from wearing shoes for more than a day.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptySat 3 Oct 2015 - 11:50

Balladeer wrote:
16.6ºC. Very Happy

About as high as those used to english conditions can take amirite?  Winky Face

Honestly I'm fed up of low to mid teens anyway, the last two summers in my neck of the country have been super weak and it feels like forever since I could go around without feeling like a mountaineer.  That said I would prefer some sort of happy medium rather than record smashing heat waves I must say, even if you've grown up with them they get a bit tiring unless you're one of those inhuman freaks of nature that actually likes being in 30+ degrees (they do exist!)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptySat 3 Oct 2015 - 12:30

The_Jaster wrote:
That's me finished my first week of my work placement, the people are pretty sound & it all went pretty smoothly but I am absolutely shattered and my feet are killing me from wearing shoes for more than a day.

More than a day? Shocked Did you sleep in them?

Glad to hear it went well, anyway. Smile Any chance of it leading directly to a job?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 EmptySat 3 Oct 2015 - 16:28

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

More than a day? Shocked Did you sleep in them?

Glad to hear it went well, anyway. Smile Any chance of it leading directly to a job?

No I didn't sleep in them Laughing but I have definitely hurt my toe somehow which will need to be seen to, on your last question probably not but it's giving me experience in something I haven't done before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next