We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Go down 
+17
Silver light
Jimbob
Xelviar
Rum
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
The_Jaster
masofdas
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
Buskalilly
Balladeer
shanks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 23:06

Quick question - I'm really not far into this (when I said slowly, I meant sloooooowly) and the special demo just released for everyone. Are any of the "transferable items" worth playing through this demo for before returning to the main game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 2:41

Not really unless you want some poke or heal balls. Glalie is the only thing worth while really
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 9:17

Good luck, Athrun! Grin Who is replacing Walrein? I ask because the competitive scene interests me but always seems like another language: any insight would be useful!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 9:48

JayMoyles wrote:
Quick question - I'm really not far into this (when I said slowly, I meant sloooooowly) and the special demo just released for everyone. Are any of the "transferable items" worth playing through this demo for before returning to the main game?

I had no idea about this, and I missed out first time round. I'll bet you're further ahead than I am, Jay!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 14:52

ZeroJones wrote:
Good luck, Athrun! Grin Who is replacing Walrein? I ask because the competitive scene interests me but always seems like another language: any insight would be useful!

Thanks, knowing my skill to be average I'll probably need luck. As for the replacement I chose Milotic, Walrein just didn't pull any weight during last doubles season (which was hoenn only) so I decided to go for a bulky set with milotic to see how it goes.  It mostly does the same thing really, although it does have a few advantages over Walrein, not being weak to fighting is one, and the access to scald over surf gives it better stalling powers.  It also doesn't have to rely on Rest to recover its health, being one of the few water types that learns Recover.  Rest had its perks as well with getting rid of status ailments like toxic.

If you're curious about the team I can post the team in general, it's rather cookie cutter as it got thrown together to make the previous ratings season and was mildly adjusted for the upcoming competition, but I think it covers all the bases it needs to. If I had the time I'd probably have made a rain team as I love abusing weather in singles and doubles, but this should cover me well enough I hope.

The team:

I'm fully expecting to rank average, but it'll be fun to see what happens either way. Plus the competition is restricted to hoenn only, which will be refreshing. All the pokemon you see in practically every wi-fi or smogon match aren't hoenn besides breloom, so the roster will be fun to see.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 23:22

Hoenn only does sound like a very intriguing restriction! I assume it means purely Gen 3 Pokémon so that you couldn't have, say, Golem in your ranks (ready to be swept away at the merest drop of water)? Speaking of sweeping away, Breloom's an interesting choice. I like the monster, personally, but am painfully aware of his weaknesses...

~~~

It's still the Delta Episode for me. To be honest, I've not picked up my 3DS in anger since Captain Toad came along.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 7:18

ZeroJones wrote:
Hoenn only does sound like a very intriguing restriction! I assume it means purely Gen 3 Pokémon so that you couldn't have, say, Golem in your ranks (ready to be swept away at the merest drop of water)? Speaking of sweeping away, Breloom's an interesting choice. I like the monster, personally, but am painfully aware of his weaknesses...

~~~

It's still the Delta Episode for me. To be honest, I've not picked up my 3DS in anger since Captain Toad came along.

Sorry, I meant hoenn pokedex only, pokemon like golem are allowed. Although there isn't much reason to use most of the other region pokemon allowed as most of them aren't all that good. Pinsir for example, it has a powerful mega evolution, but mega salamence does with pinsir could do better so most people will go with mence instead. As for breloom, he's actually pretty common in the competitive scene, he has a pretty good niche because of his access to spore and mach punch and his very high attack stat.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 6:52

Some sort of special Serperior, anyone? You need to enter the code POKEMON497 to get hold of him (and it is a male - or, at least, mine was).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 7:20

Has its hidden ability, which may interest competitive battlers. Leaf Storm away!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 9:30

I've had my Contrary snivy since last week when I got one off the gts from a japanese player. I've got over two boxes of breeding rejects of the things now. Still at least they're actually making this event international for once, it's so rare for anything besides event legendaries to be released properly.

But more importantly for me at least, the battle competition started today and I've finished my ten matches. I did better than I expected honestly, winning nine out of them and the loss being by probably a few hp left on the opponents metagross. Its only just started though so I expect that win / loss ration to change tomorrow as the better players start to ladder up and I start meeting them, and I can't help but think people might be seeing that salamence on the team preview and assuming I'll use it be cause of what they're bringing to the matches.
Back to top Go down
Gogoata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Gogoata

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyMon 26 Jan 2015 - 15:15

I have all 3 Unova starters from Japan Dance

But now I have to be like May and win the contests to get the damn Lucario stone
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 7:45

Some sort of Reckless Emboar is now available if you use the code POKEMON500 (sounds like a car race). You have one week. Cool
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 14:26

You actually have until November along with Serpeior and Samurott when released
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 11:04

That Serperior download was pretty sweet. Additionally, I started Wonder Trading for a while the other day and the first one I received was an Adamant Scyther with Technician. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 12:33

Just got the Serperior and Emboar, and I can see more Pokemon starters doing the same thing, unless there are some lacking a hidden ability show up down the line. And ALL THREE starters (which includes the one this upcoming Thursday - Samurott) are as forementioned available until November 30th, giving us plenty of time to get it if a new game has to be started.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:58

As far as other starters go I'm still eagerly awaiting the day gamefreak release Sheer Force Feraligatr, that thing is going to be so awesome once it's legal!
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: HA Johto Starters announced!   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:40

From Serebii:

It has been announced that the Johto Starters are to be distributed this year with their Hidden Abilities.

From February 27th 2015 to November 30th 2015, if you access Pokémon Bank, you will receive Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr with their Hidden Abilities of Leaf Guard, Flash Fire and Sheer Force respectively. These are distributed through the Pokémon Link feature into Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.

---

Will you be getting these Pokémon? What sets or strategies will you run on them?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 11:36

I'm not too sure whether I'll use typhlosion as it still has a really poor movepool and while Eruption is nice with so many pokemon that absorb fire moves around it's not something I'd run. Meganium will probably involve stall and perhaps screens. As for feraligatr, probably isn't too original but something along these lines:

Spoiler:

The ev spread is if I go with Jolly, and it takes in to account what I want it to outspeed after a dragon dance so I don't waste speed points.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 May 2015 - 18:35

So another battle competition is accepting registrations right now, normally I wouldn't mention it since nobody outside myself really has the time or interest in raising a team, but I figured as it's Little Cup others might want to check this one out. I'm looking forward to getting some use out of my Omanyte and Machop!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15