We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread

Go down 
+32
Cube
fronkhead
masofdas
Buskalilly
nupkin
spacemanDOUG
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Rum
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
shanks
oldschool
ShaftVonShafterton
ShadoWolf
Dusty Knackers
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
Marzy
mandlecreed
Balladeer
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

The Chat Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:15

But you are a genius, balla! *stares in awe*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 14:25

Well I'm probably less "shallow, money-obsessed and racist" than some! Very Happy (Just ignore the bottom-most quote.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 17:34

doucheanoes is my new favourite word. But what exactly is wrong with wanting more money, money is a glorious thing Dance If only I had it...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:29

During yesterday's driving lesson I clipped the wing mirror. Nothing too serious - it just jolted inwards but was not damaged. Shook me up, though! My driving instructor reported that I went quite pale, which is actually quite a feat for me. I'm normally like this guy in all but expression: :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:30

I tried to learn how to drive, but I get bored easily, and I can't multitask. After two attempts at the test, the second of which was worse than the first, I gave up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:37

Good luck with the driving lessons, Zero! Learning to drive is a scary thing at first. As a man who passed on his fifth attempt (I got screwed over several times), I can say that it's something I don't enjoy as a pastime, but something I appreciate as a necessity.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:40

Stu_the_great wrote:
Good luck with the driving lessons, Zero! Learning to drive is a scary thing at first. As a man who passed on his fifth attempt (I got screwed over several times), I can say that it's something I don't enjoy as a pastime, but something I appreciate as a necessity.
Cheers, Stu! I'm sure I'll make it - we're on manoeuvres this Saturday. Don't like 'em. It's surprising to hear people's driving stories - a good friend, who's an excellent driver, passed on her third attempt. My Dad, who's consistently amazing behind the wheel, had two goes. The only person who I know passed first time is my brother Tim. Apparently, more than half of people fail the driving test first time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 21:32

The only manoeuvre I hated (still do, actually) was the parallel park. My judge of distance through the arse-end of the car has never been amazing. Bay parking/reverse round a corner is a cinch, though!

Both my brother and my mother passed on their first attempts, and they're both rather insufferable about that fact. Certainly, don't worry if you fail once or even twice. To this day, I've still no idea how I failed three of the five tests I took.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 21:41

So I gave pokemon showdown a go, pretty cool little er, thingy

EPIC OU BATTLE: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15507230

(I'm the ninja turnip, natch.)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 21:58

That was a pretty intense fight XD I like the fact you can see what the attack %'s are as well.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 22:01

Yea, someone out there must've had a lot of spare time and calculators to work them all out. Glad he did though.(or she, I suppose)
Maybe they'll do the same in gen 6's wifi battle system widget.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 23:07

Stu_the_great wrote:

I passed on my fifth go, too. Are you me?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 3:11

I passed my test on the first go :king:

admittedly all I did was drive the instructor (who was the local cop) around my small country town did a 3 point turn and went back
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 7:51

I maintain that it's harder in London. Meh
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 8:12

beemoh wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

I passed on my fifth go, too. Are you me?

There's no doubt about it: I am.

Wakefield was/is supposedly one of the hardest places in the region to pass, so I was chuffed that I (eventually) passed mine with the regional examiner overseeing my test. Very Happy

I couldn't imagine trying to pass my test in Landan tahn. Pale
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 8:16

Wait I missed commenting on this.

NintenDUCK wrote:
So I gave pokemon showdown a go, pretty cool little er, thingy

EPIC OU BATTLE: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15507230

(I'm the ninja turnip, natch.)
Venusaur with no Ninetales? Hissy fit Sorry, I follow competitive Pokémon even though I don't play it, and just... why would you do that? Venusaur's only niche is being insane in sun! (Also Voltturn is cheap and rubbish.)
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 18:11

B-but it can't be destroyed by anything as it is Razz
I'll give it a blast though Tongue
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 18:44

I've never been into competitive Pokemon - just watching that video was making my brain hurt. Very impressive though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 19:24

I don't have any interest in trying to calculate all the probabilities involved, but it's fun watching people discuss it and metagame evolution. (I have a very low definition of "fun".)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 19:32

Balladeer wrote:
I don't have any interest in trying to calculate all the probabilities involved, but it's fun watching people discuss it and metagame evolution. (I have a very low definition of "fun".)

They probably don't calcuate it, just reverse-engineer it from the game code- effectively an elaborate and unsanctioned mod.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 20:50

Sooooo ninetails is more that just cuddly: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15619511
I should haz youtube channel.... :idea:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 7:26

beemoh wrote:
They probably don't calcuate it, just reverse-engineer it from the game code- effectively an elaborate and unsanctioned mod.

I mean playing it! Competitive Pokémon, essentially, seems to boil down to, "With what probability will s/he switch his Tyranitar into my Ninetales, making it sensible to go for a Sunny Day as opposed to a Fire Blast?" (Obviously you don't switch your Bisharp, a steel-type, into Ninetales with the sun up though, 'cause that'd be FLIPPING STUPID. Ahem.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 9:52

I can't get into competitive Pokémon because I like to picture my team as real, so I use the ones I like and keep the HM moves. I have little plastic figures of my team in the potted plant in my kitchen Smile

I passed my test first time! Just a couple months ago, in fact. I started learning at 17, but it was on and off- I had a couple of lessons, stopped for a year or so, had a few more... really, after five years of lessons I had no excuse to fail.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 14:52

Ah, competitive Pokemon, the thing I play all the time and yet am utter garbage at. I just can't for the life of me construct a reliable team, for some reason every single one I construct has a weakness to sandstorm teams and I get owned by them when the opponent knows what they're doing. I used to run a Sunny Day team with Ninetails actually, but I got sick of having to deal with both Drizzletoed and Sandtar so I dropped it for a different team that I have dropped for a drizzletoed team that has horrible synergy but sweeps things really well if it gets going.

On another note my destiny came today, and I wouldn't normally post about it yet again but holy cow the box my Destiny kit came in is huge! It makes the laptop look small.
Spoiler:

A size comparison with my PSP.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 15:26

My Nami figure arrived yesterday with the book full of One Piece figures which is good to look through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next