We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Remakes Chat and Stuff

Go down 
+11
Admin
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Jimbob
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
beemoh
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:00

I've not played TTYD for ages but I thought it would be good on a handheld and I would buy as it's just expensive on Cube.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:18

Balladeer wrote:
It's less the scale of the environments (Hooktail and final boss battles aside), more the scale of the story.  It wouldn't feel like it fits on a handheld.  

Hmm, I think I'd disagree with that. I think huge story experiences can transfer to handheld quite nicely - the 3D Zelda remakes are but one (technically two, I suppose) example - and I see no reason why TTYD wouldn't transfer just as nicely. Course, this is all mere speculation based on a likely fake, so there's probably no need to raise concerns yet. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:21

They didn't transfer badly, but would an HD remake on the Wii U have been miles better?

General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 Signs-point-to-yes

And I think it's interesting to debate, nonetheless. As long as we keep things friendly, and don't start belittling each other's replies by use of reaction pictures - ah, fuzzbuckets.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:47

Balladeer wrote:
They didn't transfer badly, but would an HD remake on the Wii U have been miles better?

They would have likely looked better graphically, but I think you'd still get a comparable experience on handheld. Nintendo have to consider sales as well - do you release a game on a system with a far deeper install base, or do you release a game in an attempt to sell another system? It's a conundrum, and one which mere mortal men such as myself don't have an answer for.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:56

Sales aside (I can completely see why Nintendo would rather release an upgrade on the 3DS, but this is about what I want, damn it!), it's less graphics, and more immersion. I find that I can get more absorbed in a big game up on a big screen than I can in a game on my 3DS, and I've made the (hopefully not too massive) assumption that other people will feel the same way.

That doesn't mean that a 3DS game can't be good, but I can't be as excited about cracking Zeromus in FFIVGBA or FFIVDS as I can Zanza in XC. I imagine that the same would be true of the end-boss of TTYD.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 18:21

That's a fair point. I typically get immersed in a game regardless of platform - I was as hooked on A Link Between Worlds as any console game I've played, so there's no qualms about immersion from me, but I understand where you're coming from, and understand I'm likely in the minority.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 18:33

Can only agree with Jay - immersion comes from developer skill more than platform, for me. Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Ghost Trick and Inazuma Eleven titles have all caused those "Is that the time?!" moments, alongside countless home console games, natch.

As for TTYD - I'd be happiest to see it be part of the launch line-up of the GameCube VC on the Wii U, though I will happily accept any chance to play it again on a current Nintendo console. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 8:43

To be fair, I was hooked on ALBW too. "Immersion" isn't getting "hooked" from me - it's getting "absorbed". But I don't know how I can explain it any better, and I'm responding to an almost month-old comment, so I think I'll stop there.

Anyway! There are exactly two remakes I'd be actively glad to see, now that OoT's out of the way - SM64, as discussed in that game's thread; and Twilight Princess, which was ugly as all hell and could do with prettying up. Unfortunately, the apparent remake going around is a fake. Y'know, just in case absolutely anyone thought otherwise.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 10:25

If we do get a TP, I think it will be like xenoblade a straight port to New 3DS.

From Social Media it seems people want it, wonder if Nintendo will take any notice.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 11:15

Balladeer wrote:
Twilight Princess

This. I'd go mental if they remade Twilight Princess.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 15:40

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 18:26

It is 10 years old next year Jas and I did predict we could have a 10th anniversary edition & Zelda as a series is 30 years old.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 18:54

A third Zelda remake on the 3DS, though? And the new game that we have had was at least somewhat based on a previous one. If it's anything other than a total fake, I will probably buy it (massively stalled on the Wii version), but I'd rather have something new.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 18:56

It is a total fake, and because of TP's "art style", it'd probably benefit more from the power of the Wii U than the 3DS.

That'd be the first four 3D Zeldas remade on the last two consoles, mind.  But I'd still say that, out of the Ninty games that could do with a remake, TP is near the top of the table.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 19:02

But that takes more time and like I said 30th anniversary celebrate by bringing out Zelda U (hopefully) and a quick easy port of TP to New 3DS.

And looking back at the 25th in 2011 we had The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword & The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D & The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition.

But that's at least 1 console & 1 handheld Zelda.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 20:05

Not sighing at a remake it's just the fact we could be seeing yet another zelda, and as I said before seeing those games yearly or there about's makes them less special to me that's all.

Funny how some folk complained about Nintendo "rehashing" their franchises before but that's basically what they are doing with zelda now. Sulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 20:09

Yep I said ages ago it was happening there annualising the Zelda Universe.

Even without a TP remake still be annualised with Zelda U next year and we've had MM3D this year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 20:35

I reckon I'm the other way around to you, Jas. I'd sigh at any remake, but the fact that it's this Zelda (and only this one) would mitigate that sigh.

TP would be easy to remake, too - its gameplay stands up without adjustments (unlike WW, say, which really needed faster sailing), but it just needs a jolt in tech. But I'd rather wait another gen. for it, now that I think about it. The original was only a generation (and a bit) ago.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 21:13

Twilight Princess would be a wasted remake on 3DS - the brown aesthetic and flat textures would only be worsened on handheld. There'd be nothing gained in remaking it right now, which totally nullifies the point of a remake.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 21:16

That's why I'm saying port like xenoblade, just put it on the New 3DS and see the money come in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 21:18

Agreed with you, Jay - look at XC3D (is that what we're calling it now?). Arguably a step back from the original, which was a bit jagged in the first place. If it weren't so rare on the Wii, there'd be no point in its existence.

A Wii U remake would work, but I do reckon it's best off on whatever the next Nintendo home console is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 21:52

Balladeer wrote:
I reckon I'm the other way around to you, Jas.  I'd sigh at any remake, but the fact that it's this Zelda (and only this one) would mitigate that sigh.

I guess part of it is because it's a remake (even though I just said it wasn't) but it's mainly because it just feels like we have been overloaded by them now & the fact I've never been one to replay games over and over.

Also if I did have an urge to replay something I'd most likely be fine with the original.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 21:55

I have had a replay of TP this gen. (it's still great, just ugly as sin), which is another reason I could wait a bit longer for a remake. I'm not a great replayer, but there are games, and TP is definitely one of them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptySat 25 Apr 2015 - 18:33

Lot's of rumours that Gears of War 1 will be getting the remastered treatment for it's 10th anniversary next year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 10:50

Looks like Dishonored is coming to PS4 thanks to being outed on age rating boards, you would also think it's coming to ONE.

Might make some sense with the rumours of number 2 maybe showing up at E3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Remakes Chat and Stuff
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next