We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Remakes Chat and Stuff

Go down 
+11
Admin
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Jimbob
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
beemoh
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 0:07

To bring about a bit of cheer to this thread instead of the usual "here's a one to two year old game getting a pointless port", here's some gameplay from the upcoming Ratchet and Clank PS4 remake. It's a real remake - total graphical overhaul, tweaks to the story and level design, and bringing in features from later Ratchet and Clank titles to enhance the original. Promising stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 1:12

masofdas wrote:
There is a big difference between HE Ready 720p & True HD 1080p which we have talked about before on the site.

I've started Last of Us on PS4 and it does look better then it did.

Which is why I said

Jaster wrote:
sure there are improvements in resolutions......

I was just stating how "true HD" no matter how better it may be is still used as a buzzword to fool people into thinking it's a must have when 720p is perfectly fine, the average person will only see a real difference if you play them side by side as well.

For example my chrome book can run youtube videos in 1080p but I often choose 720p because it loads/runs that video quicker/smoother and my experience of said videos aren't ruined in any way.

----

@Jay

That looks great! I only ever briefly played one of the Ratchet & clank games before so I think I'll pick this remake up.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 7:05

Yeah it is a buzzword now and you should be only picking up a re-release, if you want to play the game. But it is a fact they can use about a re-release that it's now True HD.

But as a standard games should be at 1080p and of on PC pushing beyond that now.

Also I've said before about difference also depends on the TVs quality as I can tell the difference between the Last of US's but if I had one of those £200 odd 42 inch ASDA sales then I doubt I could tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 19:15

Gunman Clive is getting a HD collection for Wii U, anyone interested in that.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 19:35

Remake Oden Sphere for goodness sake, like one of the best rpg's ever! they need it on the vita call it oden sphere rebirth lol
I am playing on it like mental on the PS2 version, the game should not be missed for new gamers and fans alike.
Since the Vita not doing so good but didn't stop them making muramasa rebirth still anyways, anyone been playing that?
They mite reconsider doing the remake for the PS4 which is better for them in the next year or 2, something awesome gotta happen I know it
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 20:26

masofdas wrote:
Actually yes! I never got round to buying either of the 3DS games - mainly because I'm a terrible person. And I'll probably play them on the GamePad only, just for the irony.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 7:08

Jimbob wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Actually yes! I never got round to buying either of the 3DS games - mainly because I'm a terrible person. And I'll probably play them on the GamePad only, just for the irony.

Having snaffled both 3DS games, I may leave the Gunman Clives HD on the shelf. I reckon you'll like 'em, Mr. Bob - the first one in particular is a beautiful little game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2015 - 22:38

Outed today again by 3 age clarification boards with this going to be the box-art.
General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 Medium
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2015 - 23:27

That's what my hayfever looks like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 20:26

The cult PS2 game Odin Sphere is getting a HD version called Odin Sphere: Leiftrasir for PS4, PS3 and VITA, so far only announced for Japan in January.

Also Vanillaware are teasing a new project.

Confirmed to becoming to the West sometime in 2016.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 10:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : West)
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jul 2015 - 10:33

Yeah they like teasing new projects for me and fans hehe

Fantastic news about Odin Sphere: Leiftrasir to be released

this calls for a celebration for me with this game remake :king:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 16:10

Seems I got something right in my HD article as there are rumours going around that Final Fantasy XII is coming to PS4.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 17:29

masofdas wrote:
Seems I got something right in my HD article as there are rumours going around that Final Fantasy XII is coming to PS4.

This is old news to me as I already know the rumours about a month ago
and already got this game on the PS2 aswell but good for PS4 owners to play~! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 20:27

All the big sites like IGN only just posting the news today that the composer of the games OST has said it's coming.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 11:44

As you know this past E3 was the greatest ever with Sony's E3 of dreams, to me there was very little that could still be announced on that level there's Beyond Good & Evil 2 being re-announced and to a lot Half Life 3 but one I didn't think we would see was a game related to this threads title.

And that's Resident Evil 2 Remake, if you haven't seen the news about this recently, I'll fill you in there's a fan remake running on Unreal Engine 4 which looks fantastic and I believe Yoshiaki Hirabayashi saw this and posted on Capcom's facebook page etc asking if fans want a remake and replies from him saying he will talk to the higher ups and now today we have it confirmed it's coming from Capcom there sleeves.

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi will be the director of REmake 2 and he worked on the HD version of REmake and a producer of RE6, that I'm not 100% how it will turn out.

Announcement Video
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 15:44

So Capcom just pull games out of their sleeves then? That's quite something. Razz

Joking aside as much as I like the Resi Evil series I can't get excited for these remakes at all & it's not just because they are remakes either, a recent videogamer video made some good points I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0APsaVfKlM

Last edited by The_Jaster on Thu 13 Aug 2015 - 16:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 16:00

That's a really good Video, but the game has come about because people want it Jas. And I'm one of them, yeah I couldn't get excited for the HD version of the Cube REmake but if REmake 2 turns out to be half as good as that, it will be great.

And it's no like its only 2 years old or something it's almost 20 years old game getting the remake treatment.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 16:15

Mas wrote:
That's a really good Video, but the game has come about because people want it Jas. And I'm one of them, yeah I couldn't get excited for the HD version of the Cube REmake but if REmake 2 turns out to be half as good as that, it will be great.

And it's no like its only 2 years old or something it's almost 20 years old game getting the remake treatment.

Yes, I'm aware of that & I think you've misunderstood my post.

---

Also at the time I was excited for the Cube REmake because I hadn't played the original all that much since it was my brother who owned the playstation at the time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 16:26

I get your not excited for these (it's one game, not loads) remakes but to me personally it's huge news as I've wanted a REmake 2 since the first got the treatment on the Cube.

Hence why I started with the little E3 bit as it was something I thought would never happen, even though there has been demand for it since REmake.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 17:48

Mas wrote:
I get your not excited for these (it's one game, not loads) remakes.....

That's not the reason why though this time and I've agreed many times before that older remakes make more sense, I think I'm just past being excited for RE games & would rather keep them as happy memories.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 17:58

Yeah I get that, I've not been excited since a RE since 5 and that turned out to be utter rubbish, RE: Rev was good but I went in thinking it wouldn't be great.

And like you say RE2 does bring back happy memories, so why try to remake but we know it can be done well let's just hope is as even you Jas must of thought after playing REmake wouldn't it be nice to see RE2 like this also when is this going to come out 2018 for it's 20th anniversary that's a long time and by then our opinions might of charged.

Theres rumors going around that KOTOR will be getting the HD treatment.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 23:47

Ooh, I'd play that. I've got KOTOR on Steam, but I've heard it's a little dated now.

Also... *lights Admin-signal*

We should probably change the title of this thread to "General Remake News Chat" or something snappier than that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 7:23

But I like the terrible pun-like thing... Aww! Ah, fine.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 9:46

I did too! But we'd moved onto general remakes chat about 4 pages back. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 11:10

KOTOR stuff Jay,

And thinking about it, on PS4 next year RE:0 HD will be out and with REmake HD out already when REmake 2 comes out, new people can go back from the beginning f the series. Now just need REmake 3 to be announced and RE4HD to come over and maybe a REmake of Code Veronica X, then no more RE's ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Remakes Chat and Stuff
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next