We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Remakes Chat and Stuff

Go down 
+11
Admin
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Jimbob
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
beemoh
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jul 2016, 12:30

Darksiders coming to Wii U! And some other platforms. Winky Face Likely to be one of those things where they test the waters to see if it'd be worthwhile making Darksiders III. I can't say I'm interested, as I haven't even finished Darksiders II... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jul 2016, 12:52

So the Wii U's big game of this year if you don't like the look of Paper Mari, is a remaster of a okay Zelda-clone that i sort of get why you bring it to Wii U to fill the void and maybe test if peeps want a DSIII.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016, 23:02

Bliiiiiimey. A bit late now. I hope they don't use that as a real test.
I enjoyed Darksiders II - despite having finished it a couple of years ago, a few bits stay well ingrained in my head; it's a shame the WiiU version ran like it was ported by the Chuckle Brothers.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016, 06:25

That might be a tagline in the future, Sir Jimbob! Grin
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016, 06:37

I don't think it's the Wii U version, that game is held together with duct tape at the best of times.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySat 29 Oct 2016, 12:20

I'm genuinely excited of the news we had this week of a remaster of a remaster coming to PS4 in March (Could we also see on Switch?) for Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD & II.5 HD from the PS3 which were of course HD remasters of the PS2 games along with various other formats are now coming to the PS4.

I've not played KH since the PS2 that for me this is great news but I would have liked to have these before II.8 HD comes out in January, also with all that KH goodness in 2017 could we see KHIII or at least a demo like Duscae or Platinum?

And I guess do you want to see these on Switch? as KH has had four games on Nintendo handheld systems (Which is more then PlayStation) and having a HD collection with them all in to get cached up for KH3 (I guess that's why this has been cancelled for Xbox One due to lack of previous games on Xbox and generally poor sales of games like this on Xbox platforms) would be grand for the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 09:18

masofdas wrote:
I'm genuinely excited . . . [for] . . . a remaster of a remaster

You need to get out more, mate Winky Face
That said, I'm well up for playing the KH games if they come to a machine I've got. They always looked right up my street.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 09:31

Agree with the second sentiment of Drunka's post, there. Thumbs Up!

"A Disney RPG by Square-Enix?! Where do I sign? Oh... right next to where it says 'Sony'. Er..." *backs away*

A Switch version of any of the games would be brilliant, though. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 09:42

My problem with the KH series, as I understand it (I've never played a game), is that the plot is Grade A Confusing Faeces. As opposed to just the Hyrule Warriors perfectly serviceable excuse for shoving several game worlds together, KH comes up with reasons that only get more convoluted as the series goes on, to the point where even some of its biggest fans can't understand it.

Also I'm no great fan of Disney's classic work. Probably a generational thing. In particular, Donald, Mickey, and Goofy mean nothing to me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 10:48

I'm with Balla on this I'm afraid*. I'm not a massive RPG fan, although I know it's more action-y. But it's the incongruous mashing of Disney stuff with whiny teenager guff. Let's not forget - most of the worlds that appear in KH are already Disney's corruptions of another traditional story. But Goofy should never be in anything other than a slapstick 2D platformer where he runs, jumps and says "Gorsh!" a lot.

*As in, afraid to be negative, not afraid to be on the side of Balla.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 11:36

My problem with KH is that it's not a very good game. If you took away the disney characters it's a solid 4-5 out of 10, the combat is terrible, there's very little sense of direction, it's mostly fetch quests and the plot isn't great. It's just a bunch of disney sandboxes to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 16:43

"Arkham Knight would have been crap if it didn't have Batman in it."
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 17:36

I've not played them since the PS2 that not sure if I can agree with Andy or not but I think Drunkas point stands and KH3 is adding things like Tangled and Big Hero 6 worlds.

Come on add Marvel, Indiana Jones and Star Wars, then we could have the best game ever.

@Zero you don't need a Sony system to play a KH as Nintendo Systems do have the most in the series also some on phones but its do you want to play some GBA and DS games.

@Balla I think the KH plot is on par with MGS on making sense but hopefully playing KH1.5 and KH2.5 which of course is everything in chronological may help.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 17:49

It doesn't really, Arkham Knight is a game with a great combat system, fun world and decent story, KH has none of that going for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 18:17

General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 Open-uri20150422-20810-1d0x2ix_06d82524
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 19:21

masofdas wrote:
@Balla I think the KH plot is on par with MGS on making sense...

Not sure if recommendation or insult. (assume there's a Sceptical Fry picture here)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 19:33

To yourself neither unless you find a love for Disney then it could be a recommendation.

Was agreeing on how the story does become rather complicated like with MGS.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 19:43

I've got a feeling if I actually sat down and played Kingdom Hearts it'd be like Lost, or MGS, or any of the other stories I've been told is crazy complex and impossible to follow but actually it's fine it just happens to be a bit weird.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 06 Nov 2016, 09:21

Blaster Master Zero?! I'm not that good! I don't even know anything about Blaster Master One! Shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySun 06 Nov 2016, 11:36

Didn't they remake is for Wiiware the first Blaster Master.

Also what is the general thought of the Wii U Directors Cuts as they seem to be known from rumours as most of us have played them and they aren't old either.

They seem to NO's from Jas on what he wants from previous chat and if the Switch is all remasters part from Zelda and Samba De Mario, it doesn't look good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue 06 Dec 2016, 10:51

Some rumours going around about Final Fantasy and if true then its mad.

Any how next year is the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy and the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, Square Enix plan to go all out with celebrations and we will see...

Final Fantasy VII Remake Episode One to come to PS4 in 2017 and later in 2018 for PC
Final Fantasy XII HD: The Zodiac Age coming early Q1 for PS4
Final Fantasy XIII HD Trilogy coming sometime in 2017 for PS4 this will be over 3 discs with each game being in 1080p 60fps on a standard PS4

The big one though
Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection which will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX for PS4 and VITA. The collection will include two versions of Final Fantasy I to VI: original versions from NES/SNES and modern ports. FFVII to XI will be based only in newest ports on STEAM (Like FFVII already is on PS4). Final Fantasy II and III from NES will receive an official English translation for the first time.

Their will be 3 versions of the collection which will include a Square Enix store exclusive called the Crystal Complete Edition for PS4 which will have
Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X HD, X-2 HD, XI this is a code for the new mobile version, XII HD: The Zodiac Age, XIII HD, XIII-2 HD, Lightning Returns HD, XIV including all expansion, XV including the season pass and that's just the games over 8 disc at least then it will come with Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV on Blu Ray plus more on top of all that.

If that collection is true then the cost of it to start with but dam I want it but will have X/X-2HD and XV to sell to get some funds towards it.

XV is all planned to come to PC in 2018 along with the games not already on steam in the collection and possibly Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger as well.

I think everything above the anniversary collection is real, well we know most of it is just things like when will Episode One of FFVII remake come and what better time then the 20th anniversary in 2017 to bring it out.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016, 19:34

That sounds mighty expensive but I really want it all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016, 19:39

Never took you as a FF fan, TSmurf or you want to get into it and the nine game collection would be the best way to do that?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016, 19:49

I'm a fan but I've only ever completed one of them so I'm more than happy to return to some of the older ones, FF15 is the next game on my list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016, 19:51

FFXV should be on everyone's list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Remakes Chat and Stuff
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next