We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Remakes Chat and Stuff

Go down 
+11
Admin
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Jimbob
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
beemoh
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 12:27

I can't even muster up enough energy to moan about this. The games industry has worn me out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 17:05

I seen a good point about how voting with your wallet doesn't really work any more (it was talking more about season passes/dlc) because there is no way you can ignore every single game, I think this can easily be applied to remakes as well due to how often we see them because a large majority buy them & there is no other strong way to tell Publishers to give it a rest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 10:14

That's the thing we buy them, I've just bought FFX/X-2HD for PS4, Andy I think owns nearly all the ports on PS4, from the podcast Drunka would buy a Mass Effect Collection (so would I) and I guess there's others we would as well. They just need to be more selective on what they bring over as do we need Dishonoured on PS4 & ONE, No.

I think Capcom has got it right now with DMC4 and possibly USFIV by making them download titles at what seems a reasonable price £20-25, with DMC4 getting a load of new content.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 10:50

Everything bar TLoU and Resi Laughing Though I think that list is gonna grow with no intention of rebuying FFXHD, or getting DMC4 or SF4 in the first place.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 11:21

I mean, I have bought remakes in the past - a bulk of my PS3 collection is comprised of HD collections of PS2 games. But I think there's a massive difference between remaking 10+ year old games that may be difficult to find and remaking games from a couple of years ago that you could still probably buy new with little difficulty.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 12:04

I'm not sure if they have to be 10+ years old, just more selective or add meaningful stuff to the game.

Like DMC4 adding 3 new characters, new modes etc and coming out at a decent price, okay it's digital only but still a decent re-release.

I know what your saying if I wanted to play (I don't) Dishonoured why don't I just buy the GOTY edition with all the content new of Amazon for £12, that's all good but I don't own a PS3 or 360.

You could say that's my own fault but both especially the 360 have had very little I've wanted to play on them to justify keeping them and if there was something I wanted to play be it a older game such as Beyond: Two Soul's or a release such as Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII which came after I got rid of the PS3 that's money I could of put towards as PS4 game.

I know that's silly to say but if it's £40 for a new PS3 game like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII or whatever PS4 game came out, I'm going to pick up the PS4 game. But that's where Now might come in handy for those odd PS3 games such as Beyond I missed that I might want to play and more games should just come to that along with a better pricing model.

This is of course coming from someone who's been multi-format since the PS1&N64, but if Sony is to believed that a lot of PS4 owners came from 360 & Wii then that's a reason for exclusive re-releases such as TLoU & GoWIII or vice-versa eg Drunka with Halo.

Unfortunately I can't see it going away as publishers will find reasons be it we've got squeal coming here's the first, some sort of anniversary, or you owned the other system gen here's a exclusive you missed.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 14:40

mas wrote:
That's the thing we buy them.....

.....and that's the problem the folk that do will typically tell anyone who complains about a remake to "just ignore it" or "vote with your wallet" like it will make a jot of difference to the amount of remakes coming out.

mas wrote:
I'm not sure if they have to be 10+ years old, just more selective or add meaningful stuff to the game.

That part in bold is my biggest issue with the remakes of games that are only a few years old, none of them have added anything truly meaningful to warrant them existing so they are being used as a way to advertise like "oh look it's true HD now" etc. and that's no reason to remake a game.

mas wrote:
I know what your saying if I wanted to play (I don't) Dishonoured why don't I just buy the GOTY edition with all the content new of Amazon for £12, that's all good but I don't own a PS3 or 360.

I'm sure (if you were after the game) it wouldn't be tough to find a cheap ps3/360 in the £50 - £60 range which would mean you wouldn't be paying much more than if you bought just the ps4 version of the game. (but I get that most people will always go for the shinier/newer version because it's perceived to be better)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 16:17

I'm past railing at people for stuff I can't change. These days I let others do that for me (see also: politics, Sony's market dominance, David Cameron's forehead).
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 17:57

mas wrote:
That's the thing we buy them.....

.....and that's the problem the folk that do will typically tell anyone who complains about a remake to "just ignore it" or "vote with your wallet" like it will make a jot of difference to the amount of remakes coming out.

I think that's all you can do, I'll buy the ones I want eg Final Fantasy & just ignore the others

mas wrote:

That part in bold is my biggest issue with the remakes of games that are only a few years old, none of them have added anything truly meaningful to warrant them existing so they are being used as a way to advertise like "oh look it's true HD now" etc. and that's no reason to remake a game.

Agree hence why I bring DMC4 as good example of them. but again if Mass Effect collection happens all in 1080p over 3 discs with all the content. Then I will buy as it's a classic kinda like re-buying a film from VHS to DVD to Blu Ray you might only pick up the classic on the new format not Dishonoured (It is a good game).

mas wrote:

I'm sure (if you were after the game) it wouldn't be tough to find a cheap ps3/360 in the £50 - £60 range which would mean you wouldn't be paying much more than if you bought just the ps4 version of the game. (but I get that most people will always go for the shinier/newer version because it's perceived to be better)

Yeah that's the thing if I did want to play Dishonoured and I buy used for £10 of CEX, then a 360 for £48 that's £58 where I could just buy the PS4 version for £40 (might only be £30) and not have a console I don't need & I'm supporting the devs behind the game as well buying new.

But again why not just put it on PSNOW and if I do want to play it rent for 7 days and pay the £5 to do so, of course that doesn't help ONE owners that and far less money for the devs.

@Balla could be worse it could be MS & Farge
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyFri 15 May 2015 - 19:08

One you guys you might like Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is coming to the PS4 & ONE, PC owners will get a free update.

Also there been leaked videos of Gears of Wars Ultimate Edition and it didn't look that great, very very dark.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 15:14

Can I get a "Fuck you Capcom"? I hate to do it so soon after they showed off Phoenix Wright in X-Zone 2, but still: FUCK YOU CAPCOM.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 17:13

This is them just confirming what they've been doing for the last few years really, it is a real shame that this is will be a main focus for them but like Konami most of their best game designers (MH and street fighter teams aside) have left.

Although I'm not a fan of HD remakes releasing them digitally makes much more sense than a physical version as they will likely be cheaper, so while I won't join you in saying "FUCK YOU CAPCOM" I will say:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING CAPCOM?

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 18:30

Like I said about DMC4, Capcom seem for the most part are doing re-releases right. Making them digital & cheap, but is a shame that is now a major focus of Capcoms but could be worse they could be Konami.

Also it might explain why Sony has had to help fund SFV, we all knew capcom was in bad shape but might be worse then we thought. That pumping out quick easy HD releases is the best way to get money in quickly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyTue 26 May 2015 - 10:22

But Capcom have announced that RE:Zero is getting the HD treatment on almost everything but Wii U, so a once GameCube then Wii game isn't coming to the Nintendo platform.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyTue 26 May 2015 - 12:30

It cuts development costs to skip the differently-structured Wii U, which has sold in poor numbers. It's a win-win for Capcom and a reminder that there's no love lost in the business world.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyTue 26 May 2015 - 12:41

But you think it be easier seeing U is still based around Wii architecture which had RE:Zero.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 0:17

The Wii had a massive userbase though... might be a reason the Wii U's getting skipped.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 0:25

Yes that's true but there taking a GameCube game and making HD right well the U shares architecture with the Wii which is basically GameCube. To me it would be little effort getting to run on the U compared getting run on a PS3 with it's cell-processor and have you seen how badly PS3 games now sell. Okay that's retail not digital but still.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2015 - 18:01

In the least shocking news Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is coming to PS4 on the 9th of October and will have a Uncharted 4 BETA.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 15:41

Sorry about the triple combo

But seems to be lot's of rumours ZombiU is coming to PS4 & ONE with most reports saying it's a HD version but how it will work as it uses the Gamepad in some decent ways which are vital to those console who knows.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 18:49

Quick time events?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 20:44

Quote :
with most reports saying it's a HD version

So, now wii U isn't HD?!! When did most sites decided that?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 21:16

Same case as how Borderlands, Last of Us etc are now True HD.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 21:46

True HD?! What a hyped up load of pish that is Laughing sure there are improvements in resolutions now but HD is still HD so that's nothing but a PR buzzword to make people think it will make their experience so much better.

Most folk won't even notice the difference.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 21:58

There is a big difference between HE Ready 720p & True HD 1080p which we have talked about before on the site.

I've started Last of Us on PS4 and it does look better then it did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Remakes Chat and Stuff
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next