We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread

Go down 
+18
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Athrun888
beemoh
Jimbob
fronkhead
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 19:01

Balladeer wrote:
(And spoiler that unlockable, Rummy.)

Sorry! Lost track of what was unlockable and what wasn't, because you can play on unlocked stages before unlocking them in Classic and All-Star modes.

Having unlocked all the characters now it's irritating me that there's that dead space in the character select screen. I suppose it's indicative of more to come, but until then, c'mooon...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 9:13

Classic 9.0 fell before the might of Lucina's blade yesternight. (I know she's unlockable, but Sakurai's already revealed her.) So there's a use for a clone, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 9:28

The best I've got is Classic 4.5 - 9.0 will kill me off, I fear. I'm on to the second panel of challenges, and am glad to have got about six of them straight off the bat. I also unlocked

SSBFN3DS secret characters, big ones:

On the clones debate: I like seeing characters in Smash, so I don't mind them. It also means fewer play styles to have get to used to when doing things like completing Classic with all characters... Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 12:57

Screenshots are starting to pop up on the Jap Miiverse now I've seen and there have been some good shots too
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 20:09

ZJ, I was saying that I'd rather no clones at all, which surely makes it even easier to beat Classic with everyone!

So, anyone got 1000+m on Home Run? Anyone like to give me a few tips for doing so? No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 23:53

Balladeer wrote:

So, anyone got 1000+m on Home Run?  Anyone like to give me a few tips for doing so? No

Ganondorf all day - fully charged forward smash to start, and then rattle off the forward smashes as quickly as you can. You'll have to compensate for what direction the sandbag lands. Try and get him to land by the bat for about two seconds left, then rush and grab the bat and input a smash attack. You can run out of time and you'll still get to hit the sandbag so long as you started charging the hit before time ran out. You should be aiming for about 140% plus damage for the big finale. I got about 1200m this way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 6:41

Balladeer wrote:
ZJ, I was saying that I'd rather no clones at all, which surely makes it even easier to beat Classic with everyone!

True, sir! I concede that from a gameplay perspective there isn't much value in clones.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 8:06

I'm still stuck on this final challenge and it is really starting to annoy me. I even resorted to looking online for a guide to get more outfits and well.. One I have to hit all the red targets in target smash which isn't as easy I thought it would be. Think another thing is getting 8 different headwear or something which I started don't doing other things for but didn't get anything in the end
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 8:20

I got the red target one by dumb luck, with Shulk I think.

949.6m now with the G-ster. Got to keep trying...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 9:53

So, I unlocked all the characters yesterday & while there is some great choices in there are some equally bad/lazy choices.......

character spoilers for those who still haven't got everyone. :

Anyhow, also thought I'd ask what your favourite/least favourite stages are?

Favourites: Balloon fight, Boxing ring, Spirit Train & Paper Mario

Dislikes: Gaur plains, Game & watch, Reset bomb forest & 3d land.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 10:52

I don't mind the Balloon flight stage even if that damn thing in the water gets me from time to time. Not a fan of Mega mans stage (Willey castle?)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 11:48

Jas, regarding your spoiler, check the article I linked to on the previous page.  Sakurai's saying that the character you mention was essentially a "free bonus".

Favourite stages are the Zelda ones - Rainbow Road's a goodie too.  I don't like Gaur Plain much, or the Green Hill Zone (the fact that it's all on a slope is irritating, and its alternate tune is just bad), but my special rage is reserved for the stupid number of re-used stages.  Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Corneria - sod the lot of 'em. DAMN YOU!

(Also you mentioned an unlockable stage there, but it's old and rubbish and I doubt anyone cares about being spoiled by it.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 13:27

Balladeer wrote:
Jas, regarding your spoiler, check the article I linked to on the previous page.  Sakurai's saying that the character you mention was essentially a "free bonus".

WORST. FREE. BONUS. EVER.

The thing that's odd about clone characters (especially with this smash) is there are fighters in there that when you select an alternate attire you effectively get a new character (which I think is clever as it doesn't waste a slot) but this could have been easily been done with the character that I mentioned which is why I think it's a wasted slot.

That "let me pick the characters" comment from Mr Sakurai is a strange one too as if we have a proper say in the matter, people just want the game to be the best it can be and even though you can't get all your favourite characters in, there are still some weird inclusions/omissions.

Mr Sakurai wrote:
This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don't think there's anybody who would say, 'Change this to a meat dish!!

No there wouldn't be but what if it is a dessert you don't like?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 13:35

Surely you just don't eat the dessert?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 14:34

The restaurant doesn't say, "You have to eat that dessert one of the times you come here, or we'll withhold some of the menu."  Which is what happens with the challenge screen.  

And I quite enjoy the "pick a dessert at random" functionality, because it's exciting.  Introduce a semolina pudding to the menu, and that option is no longer so appealing.  

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that snapping sound is the metaphor being stretched to breaking point.  Anyway, I stand with Jas on this.

Although (secret character stuff):

The_Jaster wrote:
That "let me pick the characters" comment from Mr Sakurai is a strange one too as if we have a proper say in the matter, people just want the game to be the best it can be and even though you can't get all your favourite characters in, there are still some weird inclusions/omissions.

Not on this, however.  What does Mr. Sakurai likely see most of the time?  Miiverse character suggestions.  For every Ridley or Layton, there are half-a-dozen Digimon, Gokus, or Shreks.  Not saying he couldn't choose a more selective channel, but I can definitely understand his frustration with ten-year-olds bemoaning the lack of Naruto in Smash.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 16:37

Ironically the clone y'all are complaining about is probably my favourite clone. Turns a terrible character into a playable one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 16:53

andyman949 wrote:
Surely you just don't eat the dessert?

Of course you wouldn't but he was suggesting that it was good because it was free.

balladeer wrote:
Not on this, however. What does Mr. Sakurai likely see most of the time? Miiverse character suggestions. For every Ridley or Layton, there are half-a-dozen Digimon, Gokus, or Shreks. Not saying he couldn't choose a more selective channel, but I can definitely understand his frustration with ten-year-olds bemoaning the lack of Naruto in Smash

Aye suggestions like that are completely ridiculous & if that's all he was referring to was the crazy suggestions from kids then fair enough but it just seemed like he was stubbornly dismissing the good ideas as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 16:58

About the character mentioned by Andyman:

Which reminds me: do y'all (when did w'all become Deep Southerners?  I blame ZeroJones) play using customised characters?  I feel that they're cheating somehow, apart from on Miis, especially the stat. boosts from the sticker things.  Use the right combination and you can get a general all-round boost with no drawbacks.  That said, I probably ought to use Palutena's alternative moves more, since she's based around them (and her standard set are mostly pretty bad).

Not to mention:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 18:12

I've not really tried the move customisation other than for miis (for the challenge I just pressed save and left them in their normal forms.) I didn't really have moves for the characters I wanted.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 19:18

There's some really cool alternate moves - not too sure about the stat boosting but I think using the alt. moves is fine considering there's usually a trade-off in some regard.

PLUS:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2014 - 9:17

Turns out that the best way to get 1000+m doesn't seem to be using Smash attacks very much at all.

Actually...:

I've also experienced a new surge of interest in Smash Run, after realising that it's not the winning that counts so much, but hoovering up the trophies, gear, and powers. Still too many KIU enemies, though: I'd keep the Skuttlers and the Clubberskull (brrr), but the rest can naff off. If they sort that out and allow you to customise the final battle in SSB5.5, they'll be onto a winner.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2014 - 9:21

Finally got all the red targets today and got nothing for it.. I'm getting to the stage where I'd be better off to wipe the data and start again
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2014 - 17:49

Finally tried out this smash run everyone keeps talking about, a resounding meh is my reaction to it. The idea is nice but as others have said the payoff for running around statting up just isn't remotely worth the investment, and the time spent duffing up enemies is also too long for the payoff and too short to have its own appeal. Definitely agree with the sentiment that the mode has some good ideas that were executed poorly, alas I doubt we'll see it retained and evolved in to something more so once I'm done unlocking the achievement for it I'm not going to bother with it again.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2014 - 19:49

Howdy! How can y'all of y'all blame mah little ass self for - and that's enough of that. I've yet to unlock all the characters, still - it's going to have to be the less complex unlocking method for me. I'm fine with that. Grin Add me to the list of people who dislike Gaur Plain, too: the hole is too big for meaningful fighting, in my opinion. Favourite stages remain the simple ones, although I enjoy fighting above

Unlockable stage:

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 23:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler tags added)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 9:05

I can tolerate Gaur for the same reason.

Athrun888 wrote:
Finally tried out this smash run everyone keeps  talking about... alas I doubt we'll see it retained and evolved in to something more...

I disagree with you there. So far we've had Adventure Mode -> SSE -> Smash Run, so I have no doubt that they'll evolve the idea more in future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next