We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"

Go down 
+17
Athrun888
beemoh
Rum
Treesmurf
Axis1500
masofdas
oldschool
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 18:33

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" Fe13box

So, who's looking forward to this? I've been following it for about a year now and by the sounds of it, it may well be the best Fire Emblem yet, a possible 3DS game of 2013, although i'm personally still not sold on the slightly more anime/okatu pandering direction the series has taken this time. Just a shame we've still gotta wait until April for it ;_;
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:54

I know this is meant to be a very good series, so it's a shame this topic has got no comments. I'm not much of a strategy fan myself, but I thought it looked awfully pretty, what I saw of it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:04

I love Fire Emblem so I'm looking forwards to this, I hope it has all the cutscenes between battles with characters whose bonds have grown like the home console ones. Shadow Dragon was a bit of a let down.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:10

Yeah, I'm with Andyman, was really disappointed by Shadow Dragon. The support conversations are pretty integral to getting you attached to the characters, so it hurts more if they die.

New one looks like a return to form though, really liking the idea of one-off downloadable chapters featuring past characters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:20

I really don't like Advance Wars. Therefore, if my understanding is correct: I also really won't like Fire Emblem.

Aww!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:21

I've never played fire emblem before but it looks cool and gives off the scent of an exciting bandwagon for me to jump on Pirate
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:29

andyman949 wrote:
I love Fire Emblem so I'm looking forwards to this, I hope it has all the cutscenes between battles with characters whose bonds have grown like the home console ones. Shadow Dragon was a bit of a let down.

JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah, I'm with Andyman, was really disappointed by Shadow Dragon. The support conversations are pretty integral to getting you attached to the characters, so it hurts more if they die.

Well you two will be happy then. Supports are back and more important than before with the return of FE4's marriage mechanic. Not just generic rubbish supports like Radiant Dawn's, either - heck, pretty sure i heard somewhere than due to the sheer number of supports and etc, Awakening is the FE with the most text to date by a way. Although having read a few, though, there does seem to be quite a lot of anime trope flying about.

Totally sound like a bad advertisement rep or something there xD
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:23

I liked all the characters in Radiant Dawn though Sad Except Gatrie, screw Gatrie!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:28

andyman949 wrote:
I liked all the characters in Radiant Dawn though Sad Except Gatrie, screw Gatrie!

All you'd need to do to win against him is tie a skirt around a tree Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:38

Stu_the_great wrote:
I really don't like Advance Wars. Therefore, if my understanding is correct: I also really won't like Fire Emblem.

Aww!

This is what has been putting me off delving into the Fire Emblem series - I have the GBA game (Shadow Dragon, I think) unplayed on my 3DS home screen, though it might be worth our while to try that out first.

3DS Fire Emblem does look good though, but the new art style comes across as a bit generic to me, especially after the gorgeous GC/Wii entries.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 0:24

Naa the GBA one was Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon was the remake of FE1 on DS.
Gatrie could be pushed over by a gust of wind, always dies every damned time Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 1:34

To put it down simply i don't know, I did like Advance wars (about the only turn based game I liked apart form Pokemon Conquest ) but I haven't played a game in the series, so I'll wait and see what I make of the demo when it comes out
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 4:47

Like others here I've also never played an FE game despite really liking the genre its in, so I think I'll try the GBA game. (it may even make me turn my 3ds on more often than I am)

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 10:58

I'd advise the Wii one if any of you wat to give it a shot, it's pretty cheap and great fun!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 11:00

The only trouble with that though is that it's a direct sequel to the GC one (Path of Radiance/FE9) which is.....not cheap xD
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 11:01

I know that, but I played the Wii one first and I didn't feel like I was missing out on much. Y'know other than :O look at Rolf, he's not tiny and squashable now XD
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 11:45

andyman949 wrote:
I know that, but I played the Wii one first and I didn't feel like I was missing out on much. Y'know other than :O look at Rolf, he's not tiny and squashable now XD

Yeah, the game does explain it well...just some people (myself included) wouldn't like spoiling the previous game's plot for themselves xD

If that doesn't bother you, or you don't intend on hunting down 9, i guess it's not an issue anyway.

Sporkhead wrote:
3DS Fire Emblem does look good though, but the new art style comes across as a bit generic to me, especially after the gorgeous GC/Wii entries.

This was my main issue with it at first as well. The generic anime look is no match for the sprites of the GBA entries or Radiant Dawn's style. Still, it's grown on me...helps that, really, it's still good looking. Just not as good.

And at least they didn't decide to keep with the Shadow Dragon style *shudder*. That style really wasn't a great choice imo.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 0:38

I love the fire emblem series, yet don't like advance wars. Anyway I have to say the artwork for both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were great, its a shame they would move away from that. Speaking of Gatrie, I had a funny moment in path of radiance but wont disclose due to spoilers, Brom is superior anyway!

This 'marriage' concept intrigues me, I wonder if in addition to stats rising there will also be decreases?
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 2:50

Stu_the_great wrote:

Aww!

Say it isn't so Stu! Advance Wars is the second best franchise ever, just short of Fire Emblem. So many hours spent on both those franchises.

Anyway, for those who care, I did a little review of the demo of Fire Emblem Awakening if you care to read - it was 40 minutes of gaming heaven. I loved every second of it and will pre-order for the first time ever, to get this game as quickly as possible.

http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8555213-demo-review-fire-emblem-awakening
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 7:18

Another AW hater here. Sorry for messing up your perfect world OS. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 9:19

Balladeer wrote:
Another AW hater here. Sorry for messing up your perfect world OS. Nah nah!

You always were a difficult person Balladeer ..... nothing's changed. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 14:26

never played any of the series just seen the IGN review, and GTs both have given it a good scores, this is now on my radar
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 17:06

Seems like it's been getting 9-10/10 scores across the board. Not that i expected any less, of course. Please hurry up already April ;_;
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 22:16

Just seeing all these Advance Wars comments, I'm not a fan of Advance Wars but I do love Fire Emblem, so don't let that colour your decision!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013 - 14:55

Release date confirmed for April 19th. Bundle also confirmed for EU, 'cept unlike NA/Jap we're getting an FE 3DS XL instead.

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" 1wsBQ

Looks far worse than the original tbh. That shade of blue is far too light and also serves to make the logo look even more stickered on. The XL's generally slight tacky look doesn't help either. Urgh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next