We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"

Go down 
+17
Athrun888
beemoh
Rum
Treesmurf
Axis1500
masofdas
oldschool
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyThu 9 May 2013 - 18:40

My opinion that this would not be my sort of thing seems to have been confirmed. I need to have another shot in order to cement this opinion, but at the moment I'm too afraid of losing men and breaking weapons to want to play on!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 20:11

So, the writing in this. The use of 'le sigh', while done well, was stupid. However, the word 'stabulous' was ace.

Balladeer wrote:
I'm too afraid of losing men and breaking weapons to want to play on!

I suffer from that quite a bit, but I like that the game has made me care this much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 20:25

I'll be playing in Wuss Mode if I get it. I know it defeats the object, but I'd be in the same boat as you two otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 20:48

Buskalilly wrote:
So, the writing in this. The use of 'le sigh', while done well, was stupid. However, the word 'stabulous' was ace.

Eh...if you ask me, it wasn't stupid at all.

And....all these people playing on Noob Mode.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 7:10

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

I suffer from that quite a bit, but I like that the game has made me care this much.

Trouble is, it's not that I care about them as characters. It's that I don't know which of them are going to suddenly become really strong later. Thus I have to keep them all around, including the archer (who is useless so far because I haven't seen a single enemy Pegasus Knight).
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 9:39

Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Trouble is, it's not that I care about them as characters. It's that I don't know which of them are going to suddenly become really strong later. Thus I have to keep them all around, including the archer (who is useless so far because I haven't seen a single enemy Pegasus Knight).

I let that archer die early on because of how useless he was. Of course now nearly every fight is full of flying units Duh! Other than that, there's so many characters and weapons it really does not matter if they die/break
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 9:40

My point!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 12:52

Thing is though, there's nearly always a character that pops up later on to replace any fallen units, and in Awakening you can get items to swap the class of any of your units to another one. To me, "Noob Mode" just doesn't seem like Fire Emblem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 21:44

This game has had me engrossed. My favourite FE yet! I did make the mistake of picking normal mode though, which is way too easy late game. I've since started again on hard and I am going to try using some different units. I've already lost Ricken because of his stupid positioning in his debut chapter Aww! .

I haven't read any online guides so I don't know all the best re-classing methods, but Hard has been a good challenge when combined with classic mode.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 May 2013 - 11:13

I don't like this game anymore.. On 2 of the side stories I can't get past them as the enemy seems to keep gunning for me ALL THE DAMN TIME!!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 May 2013 - 17:11

Vidofnir wrote:
I've already lost Ricken because of his stupid positioning in his debut chapter Aww! .

I had that. My only dead 'goody' so far.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 12:23

Now up to the final chapter and I am getting my butt handed to me something bad
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 May 2013 - 7:51

Finally started this last night, alas I was too tired to play beyond the very first battle that was basically just the tutorial, but the cutscenes were really good looking. Dare I say it, better than high tech games like Final Fantasy XIII. I hope there are many more to come.

The gameplay models were pretty as well, sword slashes had a very satisfying effect with the way they are flourished and used, and magic is cool looking. I probably shouldn't have chosen magic as my trait though given I've called myself Rhodry and all but oh well, I myself always favour magic.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 May 2013 - 15:52

I'm playing on n00b mode too (sorry!) This is the kind of game I can become engrossed in, without fully understanding every single thing about (see also; Monster Hunter), and I've really enjoyed what I've played.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 May 2013 - 16:22

I'm also playing as a noob as I've as never played before. I'm loving it I'm about 16 hrs in but only on chapter 12 but doing all side stuff and a few of those free battles of the wireless, i have bought all DLC packs so done all 3 champions of yore, and both scrambles out at the moment and one other but i can't seem to infintete something all the enemy's are leveled right up compared to me as my main force of chrom is master sealed and now on about level 8, with marth via dlc is about level 23 or something.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 May 2013 - 21:55

I think i'm properly addicted...a couple of days aside, this game is all i've been playing for a month now ;_;

About 45 hours into my second playthrough now. 75 hours played total and it still just feels so fun to play.

Meanwhile, of interest, it turns out that Awakening could well have been the final Fire Emblem ever. Guess that explains why FEA feels like such a "celebration of the franchise" kind of game - it might well have been the series swansong...
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyThu 23 May 2013 - 0:27

Silver light wrote:
I think i'm properly addicted...a couple of days aside, this game is all i've been playing for a month now ;_;

About 45 hours into my second playthrough now. 75 hours played total and it still just feels so fun to play.

Meanwhile, of interest, it turns out that Awakening could well have been the final Fire Emblem ever. Guess that explains why FEA feels like such a "celebration of the franchise" kind of game - it might well have been the series swansong...

Thankfully it has sold relatively well then. Fire Emblem is my absolute number one franchise. I have played most of them hundreds of hours. I desperatley want a full Wii U game, as it will the single best reason to own one.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyThu 23 May 2013 - 2:04

I started this a few days ago on normal classic, only played up to chapter 2, I shall return to it if I can pull myself away from Super Metroid.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyThu 23 May 2013 - 6:10

I'm currently doing my thing of if I can't beat it rage quit and leave it for a bit. (On final chapter)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyThu 23 May 2013 - 15:23

shanks wrote:
I'm currently doing my thing of if I can't beat it rage quit and leave it for a bit. (On final chapter)

I'm doing that on one of the side stories. I can't seem to do it without casualties- sometimes I get right to the end and then someone snuffs it.
When I quit,I go back to the main story and I can beat them just fine, but the completist in me hates it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyThu 23 May 2013 - 16:44

I am loving this game so far, I haven't played a game for over five hours in one day since Xenoblade. That assassin mission was cool, it felt like I was going to start losing troops after a while but thankfully their army petered out before that happened. I just wish I'd been able toe recruit that unique character, oh well something to look forward to in the next playthrough eh.

And yes, I'm playing Classic mode. It would be a bit hypocritical of me to suspend me current Pokemon Nuzlocke run to play Fire Emblem only to remove the death aspect I think. I've lost a good three characters so far, Sally, that armoured dude (he died to a crit in the same battle I recruited him, I was really angry at that luck) and one of the chariots. On the bright side I've still got the stud archer.

Silver light wrote:

Oh god I hope they don't stop making them. I've only just started! Aww!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyThu 23 May 2013 - 17:53

Athrun888 wrote:
Silver light wrote:

Oh god I hope they don't stop making them. I've only just started! Aww!

Data suggests FEA is prolly going to be the first Fire Emblem to break a million sales worldwide. I think it's safe for now xD
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyThu 23 May 2013 - 20:14

Thank god, I'd be gutted if this was the last Fire Emblem game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 17:31

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 17:57

masofdas wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next