We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyThu 25 Dec 2014 - 12:12

Aye I don't think I'll be doing all the challenges as I wouldn't want the game to become a chore to play, especially since the last few times playing this online (with Andy, TCK, buska, Dusty & Smurf) have been great fun.
Back to top Go down
Kornel
Splatted Goomba
Kornel

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptySat 27 Dec 2014 - 20:31

Alright.

My NNID is PhoenixVonKarma. I challenge anyone.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 16:14

I posted about this on miiverse but after looking at some replays of matches I've had against GNamer forumites last night & I really wish this had an equivalent to MKTV, so many good moments I'd like to show folk but can't. Sad
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 16:16

Definitely, Smash is so much more interesting than MK for videos too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 16:24

A fair few of them are our great battles over the special flag item but one of my favourites though is when Dusty throws one of those wheeled boxes & you hit back at him for the winning KO. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kornel
Splatted Goomba
Kornel

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:40

I have a capture card for it. Smile

But yeah, Smash TV would have been great.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 0:29

That was my main wish for Smash Wii U, I'm fairly certain there was mention of sharing replays online during the "50 things" direct, hopefully that'll come around soon when all the online tournaments, Mewtwo and Miiverse stage turn up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 1:01

The annoying thing about that though is if it does get added via a patch I won't be able to watch the replays I currently have saved.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 1:52

This may be a dumb question but, why?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 9:20

Not sure why to be honest but I did have a Fronk vs Andy cpu battle saved prior to the first patch on wii U and after the patch it was crossed out saying "playback not available" DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Kornel
Splatted Goomba
Kornel

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 16:45

Oh, there's actually a good reason for it.

Replays on Smash are saved by saving the inputs in the match, and then having the game recreate them when you play them again. This is why they aren't videos and you can't fast-forward/rewind them. It saves a lot of space.

The recent 'balance' patch made a lot of changes to the characters, so if the game tried to recreate the matches in the replays, then everything would be out of sync. The match wouldn't be the same and it would most likely be a mess.

However, if replay sharing is patched in without any 'balance' changes - and Sakurai said he wasn't planning any - then I imagine our old replays will probably be safe.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 23:28

Ahh I see, thanks for that kornel! I also have to agree the game doesn't need any more balance tweaks, I've even got used to dealing with the gust bellows item.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 7:32

I haven't - that and the drill. Forget those things. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 7:38

Oh no doubt they can be a right bastard in certain players' hands still but I think the balance fixed how much the bellows knocked you back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 7:43

Ahh, I completely forgot about the balancing patch (despite it being mentioned literally one post earlier Embarrassed ). I agree that it seems more bearable now.

Is it time to start discussing what we'd like to see as DLC yet? Smile
Back to top Go down
Kornel
Splatted Goomba
Kornel

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 8:58

More characters are always welcome. I'd like to see Roy return, and for them to find a way to include the Ice Climbers again.

More stages too, of course. In particular it would be nice if they included the 3DS exclusive stages. But if they only carried over a few of them I'd like Yoshi's Story, Arena Ferox and Prism Tower. Even more neutral stages would be nice. Oh, and Gerudo Valley.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 0:51

Some of the missing faves would be nice, Ice Climbers, Lucas, etc. but definitely a few completely new ones too, can genuinely see Bayonetta joining the fray and I'd like another retro character I didn't know I wanted. I'm more interested in extra stages myself though, increase the amount of 8 player options and get that tournament mode included.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 9:43

I hope they do the Mario Kart approach and have some sort of themed packs
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 19:39

For my money new characters feel unlikely, so it's time for new stages, new items, new trophies...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 22:53

Not sure new items would be a good idea as it'd bring the need for more testing/balancing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 11:09

ZeroJones wrote:
For my money new characters feel unlikely, so it's time for new stages, new items, new trophies...

I agree on the first bit, but hey: we can dream, right? Grin

Although that said, most of the characters I'd want to see have been effectively written off, through their appearances as Assist Trophies or (in one case) stage hazards.  So no Ridley, Midna, even Waluigi...  

When Mas first raised his rumour, there was talk of Rhythm Heaven's Chorus Men making the cut.  I reckon that Karate Joe might be a better call, or maybe a stage: either way, Rhythm Heaven representation would be great.

Also, I'd like to see more characters that aren't straightforward upright bipeds, in the tradition of Ivysaur, Duck Hunt Duo, etc.  Pokémon are the obvious choices for this (and I'd never say no to more Pokémon), but I'm sure there's a creature from Metroid that could fit the bill.  That series seriously needs more representation.  Other underrepresented series: F-Zero, Mother, Starfox.

I'd rather not see clones, especially not Roy, since we've got Lucina.  Wouldn't mind Lucas (cloney though he is) or the Climbers, but can't see either happening: Ness knows PK Freeze this time around, and the Climbers are fighting against technological constraints.  Bayonetta... just wouldn't fit the tone, at all.  I'd rather see a Wonderful One before her. Random retro characters are also good.

Blimey, this post got a bit long, didn't it? Embarrassed I guess I'll talk about stages I'd like to see later.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 11:48

balladeer wrote:
Pokémon are the obvious choices for this (and I'd never say no to more Pokémon), but I'm sure there's a creature from Metroid that could fit the bill.

Please for the love of all that is holy smash really doesn't need more Pokémon, I'd gladly take more Metroid stuff though it's tough to find a creature from that series that would be well known enough and also fit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 11:53

I was thinking Metroid Prime pre-transformation? But Sakurai doesn't like shrinking down characters, it seems...

I did think of you as I was making that Pokémon comment, Jas. Cheeky
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 12:10

The only two well known ones from Prime I could think of would be baby sheegoth & maybe a Space Pirate, the former might work if it was the size of Bowser or Charizard.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 20:41

I actually think no other characters are needed. I would have liked the Black Knight or some kind of Fire Emblem antagonist. Not going to happen.

I also just realized, how the heck did Plasma team battle (music) not get into the game! Yet we get this Team Flare atrocity.

Im firmly on the side for more stages/music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 8 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next