We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 22:50

I'm never going to complain about more characters. Having said that, there are a number of franchises I don't think need any more for now: Mario, Kid Icarus, Pokémon (yes), Fire Emblem, Kirby. Give me a really unique and interesting character from one of them and I'll think otherwise, but do we really need another swordsman from FE? I'd say not.

Now, stages. I can see the sense in bringing the best 3DS ones over, especially Magicant and Big Blue (others include Gerudo Valley, the train, and N's Castle), but I'd rather just have new stages. I think that those two franchises are the ones that need stages most, currently only having retro stages to their names.

And I definitely would like some more music. Only one Galaxy remix of any interest is nonsense, and I'll go on about the lack of DKCTF remixes until the Fish Poker Pops come home. (Other franchises have gaping holes too.) Wouldn't say no to a DKCTF-themed stage either, with an icy feel. Make me miss the Climbers less.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptySun 25 Jan 2015 - 9:48

Disclaimer: I really love Smash Bros. for WiiU.

But could they, as DLC, remove one of the Animal Crossing stages? I never know which one I'm in anyway - they're basically the same except for a slightly different world map.

(Jimbob has been arrested by the Privileged First World Problems Police)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Gogoata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Gogoata

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyMon 26 Jan 2015 - 15:11

Ike should be disqualified for using steroids in Smash!!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyMon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:30

So chorus men found
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyMon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:01

So much Sad Would have loved to give them a try-out. And their Final Smash could be a bunch of seals flipper-rolling over the stage.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 13:50

So there's some new 8 Player stages out
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 14:24

We the same ones now made to support 8 players
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 20:57

Yes, it's the same ones.  Or rather, the same ones cut back.  So, we've got Mario Circuit without the karts, Luigi's Mansion with non-breakable pillars, the Pyrosphere without anything, and Norfair without the lava.  Norfair without the lava. Duh!

Don't get me wrong: I understand that it's probably difficult enough for the game to process eight fighters, while keeping track of Ridley's movements as well.  But the lava can't be hard to handle, surely?  It goes up, it goes down, it hurts a bit.  

I predict that the next patch will enable Port Town for eight players, without the other cars, the painful track, or anything that makes Port Town good.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 13:30

Seems silly, if they can manage the great something or other (that Kirby stage) with 8 players and all that's going on in that I'm sure they can manage those stages.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 16:36

I honestly don't mind the cutbacks to the stages as in 8 player fights I lose sight of myself a lot anyway so it would have been even more chaotic if Norfair for example still had it's lava.

Also perhaps the cut backs could be for technical reasons as well like keeping the frame rate as smooth as possible.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 13:56

I'd rather have a 30 fps game with lava than 60 fps without. Steady, mind. And there are plenty of less insane courses for those who would rather have a lava-less game of Smash.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 11:15

Anyone managed to complete Hungry Hungry Kirby on hard yet? I was listing all the things you need to do to win and there was definitely an element of 'the frogurt is also cursed' to it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 11:20

I think I did, I just ran around like a mad man.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 11:24

I think I fluked it
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 12:07

I was asking Jas for help on this one. It really helps to absorb King Dedede and use his ability to eat the fruit. That heals twice as much, or something.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 18:34

andyman949 wrote:
I think I did, I just ran around like a mad man.

I done it this way as well which isn't the best strategy but it works if you are good at dodging, also if I could help it I would never double back on myself as I found that would just slow you down.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 17:07

Balladeer wrote:
I was asking Jas for help on this one.  It really helps to absorb King Dedede and use his ability to eat the fruit.  That heals twice as much, or something.
Yeah, tried that and beat it first time! Cheers folks!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 16:19

Could have put this in any one of three threads, but never mind: anyone else picked up and listened to the CD that you get for buying both SSB3D and SSBU? It's confirmed my suspicions that the Wii U game has much better music, although I still do like the 3DS game's Zelda tunes.

And then there's this blinder. I didn't even notice the piece as I played through KIU, but it's been turned into something absolutely magical.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:34

Mewtwo we knew, but this chap was unexpected...

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 630x

There are characters I'd rather have seen, but Lucky Luke was my "main" (as far as I had one) in Brawl, so I'll enjoy seeing him back.

Also new costumes or summat.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:35

Lucas ended up as one of my mains towards the end of the Brawl days so I'm glad to see him.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:43

I don't mind the costumes at all, also I'm more interested to see how this fighter ballot thing turns out. (Of course I voted for Shovel Knight)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:50

I went for Super Metroid-era Ridley, making a specific point about his size. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:53

As I've dicussed before I'd happily take anything (within reason) from Metroid as a fighter.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:56

Oh, and as I said to Jay, I really hope that we get a new Mother course to go with Lucas. Not New Pork City.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 12:53

So unbelievably chuffed Lucas is back. He was my favourite in Brawl by far.

I'd love a Nowhere Islands stage - sort of similar to Isle Delfino where a central platform takes you from area to area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 9 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next